Single reissues campaign - True Blue: 35th Anniversary Edition OUT NOW

New_Boy

14 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

The 1st version with the purple and volcano explosions is superior the miserable city one. The 1st one should have been on the celebration dvd collection

Do we know why they made 2 versions?

The pink one was the International version and the city one for the US, if I'm not wrong?

Maybe the international version was too "arty" for the American executives. It's clearly the best version, too.

11 minutes ago, Prayer said:

The pink one was the International version and the city one for the US, if I'm not wrong?

Maybe the international version was too "arty" for the American executives. It's clearly the best version, too.

Art was not on the menu when those vids were created Hen. The Warner Rot was really starting to set in here. 

I've just checked both the videos out on YouTube and they are both in 720p, so technically HD.

I'm surprised they are remastering one of them in full HD, whatever video they upscale should come out quite good as it's not that old, although I am surprised they didn't upscale "Beautiful Stranger" first. 

2 hours ago, Frank said:

Let's see which one they'll update, both are on her YTB channel:

I didn't even know that "city" version existed! Gross. Get Together is one of my all time faves from her so I'm glad it's getting more attention. However, the pang of bitterness is real too, it would have been a monster hit if it had been given a decent video and the song treated with love by her and warners instead of the limp push at radio, uninspired cover art and general "focus on the tour" attitude.

Sigh.

Edited by Bjonkers

Hope I don't get cruicified for this but imo the remixes for get together are shamefully inadequate.  I don't understand why Madonna doesn't release a box set of alternate versions and demo's.  There are so many incredible gems in the vault, and the original production of Get Together was among the best of them.

2 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

I saw the pink one here in the US on VH1 though many times. The city one I remember being through her fanclub Icon no?

Yes, I also remember seeing it. I forget when I saw the other one, though, but was very surprised by it. 

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Hope I don't get cruicified for this but imo the remixes for get together are shamefully inadequate.  I don't understand why Madonna doesn't release a box set of alternate versions and demo's.  There are so many incredible gems in the vault, and the original production of Get Together was among the best of them.

Sadly I agree, I found the remixes of "Get Together" VERY disappointing at the time, coming from all those excellent remixes packages in a row since... "Nothing Really Matters" really? "Get Together" deserved better.

I now remember the city video was the ICON version, yes! Thanks for the info about that. :smile:

7 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

The 1st version with the purple and volcano explosions is superior the miserable city one. The 1st one should have been on the celebration dvd collection

Do we know why they made 2 versions?

EDIT, that version was edited for celebration as well as Express Yourself etc.

Edited by BadGurlMadge

11 minutes ago, deathproof said:

they commissioned 2 videos to be released simultaneously in different markets.

However, this didn’t end up happening. Only 1 (the pink and yellow one) was sent to TV back in 2006.

The 2nd one, was released exclusively to ICON members in 2007, and later on the Celebration DVD.

I remember in 2006 VIVA advertising that they were going to premiere the "Get Together" music video and then the day came and they didn't air it. Then about a month later the video was released. I always wondered what was up with that. 

4 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

The Peter Rauhofer Private Mix is the best one.

9 minutes ago, brank000 said:

I remember in 2006 VIVA advertising that they were going to premiere the "Get Together" music video and then the day came and they didn't air it. Then about a month later the video was released. I always wondered what was up with that. 

I’ve been reading old fan site reports, and it looks like 1 video was suppose to be online-only, and the other for TV broadcast.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the 2nd video wasn’t completed on time. It would explain why so many Euro markets had a delay in the videos premiere.

http://www.mad-eyes.net/news/2006/06_06.htm

6 hours ago, Overloaded said:

I love how her team asked Twitter which of the videos from Confessions on a Dance Floor they wanted in HD, everyone said Sorry and they've gone the complete opposite way.

Shocking, they usually make such a great job at giving fans what they wish for, while preserving Madonna's legacy with care and intelligence. Her online team is awesome and not overpaid at all. Caresse and Madonna really had a great idea to hire such a brilliant, capable and deserving person all these years ago, it really gave Madonna the online presence she deserves. I don't know what fans have been complaining about. If that GET TOGETHER video upscale doesn't bring billions of views, I don't know what will. It's an excellent idea.

:smokey:

• New_Boy changed the title to Single reissues campaign - True Blue: 35th Anniversary Edition OUT NOW
  • Fighter changed the title to Single reissues campaign - Beautiful Stranger HD Music Video OUT NOW
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic