MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

Just now, Roy said:

So I think it would not be a reissue but maybe the announcement of her updated certifications, the biopic then the FEL album or Q&A schedule.

Tomorrow?  I'm not holding my breath on that.  But it's always nice to dream. HA!  I just think the focus is going to be on FEL until after it's release.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

I'm actually expecting a new PR statement today for her birthday.

Fingers crossed!

But why and about what?

Last year made sense cause they waited until her birthday to officially announce she was back to Warner. But this year they're not gonna announce another future release today with "Finally" coming out this Friday. It would confuse people. FEL is the main priority right now.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

But why and about what?

Last year made sense cause they waited until her birthday to officially announce she was back to Warner. But this year they're not gonna announce another future release today with "Finally" coming out this Friday. It would confuse people. FEL is the main priority right now.

They could use her birthday for the announcement as it’s a good PR tool. Just because we have FEL coming this week doesn’t mean that they can’t announce the next phase of the reissues. 

14 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

They could use her birthday for the announcement as it’s a good PR tool. Just because we have FEL coming this week doesn’t mean that they can’t announce the next phase of the reissues. 

That's what I think too. Today is the perfect day for an announcement.

I guess we'll know within six looong hours...

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

But why and about what?

Biopic announcement? More remix album info? Certifications now that she's back at Warner Bros for a year, something about Malawi,etc...could be millions of things.

3 hours ago, RyanUK said:

Isn't the fortieth anniversary of Everybody in October?  They are running short of time if they wait much longer to manufacture the product(s) but let's face it, she could sell out in an hour if there is some crazy limited edition of something.  A three month window is forever and a day when you actually have only twenty minutes (three months ahead) to buy the actual item for sale.  I feel like there should be a window (order by date).  The release could be capped off by sales during that window and thus still be limited. That would help the fans out and keep the greedy opportunists at bay.  It is really unfair that a fan of ten, twenty, thirty or forty years cannot buy a celebratory release because some dick bought it within a ten or twenty minute window like with the MDNA holographic cover and does not give a rat's ass about it.  

I hope WR is announcing something today.  A whole year is enough to curate the reissues and begin physical production, or at least get the manufacturing on the books. 
I'm most curious about the HU 2022 remix "...weeks before it's official release." What if COADF is one of the first reissues? I wouldn't have seen that one coming. 

8 hours ago, Prayer said:

But why and about what?

international man of mystery fembots GIFApparently this is Madonna fans if they read a press release the same week her remix album comes out. 

28 minutes ago, TOpher said:

international man of mystery fembots GIFApparently this is Madonna fans if they read a press release the same week her remix album comes out. 

But from a PR point of view, her birthday would be the ideal time to announce the start of the reissues. Yes ‘Finally’ is released this Friday, but to announce the reissues today with a tag line of “hot on the heels of her 50 numbers, comes the start of the reissues of the albums that made those number ones”….or something to that effect. 

I think it’s frustrating that it’s been twelve months since the big announcement of her being back with Warner and announcing the deluxe editions, which fans have been waiting for, for YEARS, to only have to wait so long for a reissue to be confirmed, and we’re no further forward with it. 

I just think her birthday would have been the ideal time to get the ball rolling and get the pre orders out. 

I also find it odd that there have been no videos or mentions  on Instagram or her social media of her curating the albums. She’s usually quick to tease a project sometimes months in advance, like she did with the remix compilation. It makes me wonder if she has even started to get the reissues ready. 

Edited by RyanUK (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

I see some of you still don't understand that Finally and the CAC RSD vinyl are part of the reissues. 

But they’re not strictly are they? Finally is a brand new compilation and the WTG release was a brand new release, there was never a WTG Super Club Mix, it’s “special release” as it’s mentioned in the original press release. Reissues would be an existing album that is being reissued with new material, as in remixes, b sides and demos added to the original existing album. 

I think what you mean to say, is that they are part of the new deal. 

Edited by RyanUK (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

But they’re not strictly are they? Finally is a brand new compilation and the WTG release was a brand new release, there was never a WTG Super Club Mix, it’s “special release” as it’s mentioned in the original press release. Reissues would be an existing album that is being reissued with new material, as in remixes, b sides and demos added to the original existing album. 

I think what you mean to say, is that they are part of the new deal. 

They are reissues and not new songs/albums. 

Also the latest press release are very clear:

Expect more surprises to be revealed later this year around the celebration of Madonna’s 40 years in music.

3 minutes ago, Shoful said:

The riot and meltdown that I will have if there are no demos/unreleased songs on the reissues. I cannot even imagine the meltdowns on this forum. Like what’s the point of no new stuff. A clearer version of a song we had for 40 years :dead:

I can't even imagine this. I'm living for some 80's demos as they are so hard to leak. Until this day we still haven't a HQ version of Each Time You Break My Heart.