MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all the whiners:
Everybody was released a year ahead of Self-Titled. They are celebrating the anniversary of her first chart entry and let's be real...Everybody was unfortunately not the star of her debut album. 

They have finished off the Finally Enough Love campaign and can now start fresh with the album re-issues, which have been confirmed to be elaborate and Madonna herself confirmed that there will be outtakes and rarities on them. We're in for a BIG treat and this is honestly just the beginning. I remember voices here saying last year or the year before that they wouldn't put out those rare 7" version and here we are with our first 7" single on streaming! Be grateful they are finally doing something. This is more than we could have and would have gotten under Interscope/Live Nation. They also can't do everything at once, so we're getting everything little by little and I honestly don't mind that.

7 hours ago, MPowered said:

now start fresh with the album re-issues, which have been confirmed to be elaborate and Madonna herself confirmed that there will be outtakes and rarities on them

May this be real, please. Would luv a special edition for Erotica including the demos and bsides (at least Shame and Goodbye To Innocence), plus Like a Prayer with Supernatural and Angels With Dirty Faces and a repress of the velvet casebound edition of Bedtime Stories.

At this point it seems very likely they want to go with the first album reissue (if they really are reissuing ..) since the obvious most close one was Erotica on its 30th and there is no album reissue plan. So keep your hope for next summer when Madonna will turn 40 (and we’ll see if any demos from that era will surface... 🙏🏻).

5 hours ago, MisterMistere said:

Where? Do I miss something?

1 hour ago, Jackie said:

This. She never mentioned outtakes - rarities yes and they are delivering - the erotica picture disc - the issue is most had assumed rarities meant demos - 

51 minutes ago, Lucas B. said:

May this be real, please. Would luv a special edition for Erotica including the demos and bsides (at least Shame and Goodbye To Innocence), plus Like a Prayer with Supernatural and Angels With Dirty Faces and a repress of the velvet casebound edition of Bedtime Stories.

She just recently talked about this. It was either an interview or a live stream but this was actually confirmed. She talked about the re-issues and that they would include rarities and outtakes. 

1 hour ago, Sergio Guarino said:

At this point it seems very likely they want to go with the first album reissue (if they really are reissuing ..) since the obvious most close one was Erotica on its 30th and there is no album reissue plan. So keep your hope for next summer when Madonna will turn 40 (and we’ll see if any demos from that era will surface... 🙏🏻).

ROL 25th anniversary next year March... :(

16 minutes ago, Simonsays said:

I dont know why some fans are surprised that they are targeting the collector fans ! Its where the money is ! The erotica release was cool but the everybody release was poor ! Dont get too excited for rare demos if she thinks they suck she wont allow it even if its good :(

If they're targeting the collector fans, where's the anniversary edition of Erotica?

1 hour ago, Simonsays said:

I dont know why some fans are surprised that they are targeting the collector fans ! Its where the money is ! The erotica release was cool but the everybody release was poor ! Dont get too excited for rare demos if she thinks they suck she wont allow it even if its good :(

Why can’t they make a massive box set with demos. That would get the collectors and the fans. Like wtf

12 minutes ago, Simonsays said:

I know right absolutely ! She mentioned it once during what i believe is a hilarious question and answers by her during rebel heart and it seems her manager is calling out to her to do something big for her 40th birthday in the music industry but i think she is stuck in this bubble now where she just wants everything to disturb the peace and is totally ignoring projects that do not have this artistic reason like everybody 40th anniversary ! Maybe guy is hinting though at something like a tour i dont know ! I would love every single demo because i love her demos even if she thinks they are poor lol etc 

C89532F5-5E98-484F-9EEE-0F59DE487D76.jpeg

I just need a boxset/special edition of the albums, including besides and demos. For god’s sake I just want Goodbye To Innocence, Shame, Angels With Dirty Faces and Love Won’t Wait in HQ

I think the difference between Madonna and Pet Shop Boys / Kylie etc is that West End Girl and I Should Be So Lucky their debuts propa are absolute classics so campaigns would really benefit from hinging the celebrations around them. They’d shift units of the album. It makes much more sense for Madonna’s team to make a song and dance around Holiday or the release of the Debut album as her real fortieth anniversary. Outside the hardcore fanbase Everybody is unknown in truth and is likely to warrant a who cares moment. I get that it’s disappointing but they have marked it for the fans. The real fanfare will come around the debut album. It doesn’t make marketing sense to spunk the potential goodwill around an obscure song in truth. 

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

I think the difference between Madonna and Pet Shop Boys / Kylie etc is that West End Girl and I Should Be So Lucky their debuts propa are absolute classics so campaigns would really benefit from hinging the celebrations around them. They’d shift units of the album. It makes much more sense for Madonna’s team to make a song and dance around Holiday or the release of the Debut album as her real fortieth anniversary. Outside the hardcore fanbase Everybody is unknown in truth and is likely to warrant a who cares moment. I get that it’s disappointing but they have marked it for the fans. The real fanfare will come around the debut album. It doesn’t make marketing sense to spunk the potential goodwill around an obscure song in truth. 

I had a few friends over last night and whilst we were chatting I put the Madonna album on in the background. It was so weird when Everybody came on, they were all asking why is there a song sung by a black woman on the end of Madonna's album. Crazy times.

23 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

So we can all agree that so far this “Warner Campaign “ sucks ? 18 months later all we have is scant, lazy vinyl reissue , a somewhat poorly mastered remix collection and dreadful remixes to her beloved classic songs 🥹🥹

Not everything has been bad. We've have lots of old singles uploaded on digital platforms, some of them with rare promo-only remixes hard to get even back when the original singles were released. Also remastered HD videos, not always perfect but rather good for the most part - especially if we compare them to the video remasters of other pop artists like Mariah or Janet. Plus "Finally Enough Love" and little things like the "Who's That Girl" Super Club Mix vinyl, or the reissue of the "Erotica" deleted picture disc or "Everybody".

We're tired of waiting for the first proper album reissue but let's try to see the big picture also.

29 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

So we can all agree that so far this “Warner Campaign “ sucks ? 18 months later all we have is scant, lazy vinyl reissue , a somewhat poorly mastered remix collection and dreadful remixes to her beloved classic songs 🥹🥹

Such great times to be alive!