MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

On 10/23/2022 at 9:52 PM, GregVsMatt said:

Madonna, Like A Virgin and True Blue were remastered in 2001 and reissued with 2 remixes on each.

There's every chance M will not include demos on any of the upcoming reissues 

It almost you look like you don't wish she does...

I mean if fan base show a deep interest for this kind of thing, it can maybe happen.

At least, for once, there was a good interest for the Erotica picture disc (more than for the Everybody shitty reissue)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, HC Charge said:

Waiting for @GregVsMatt to explain to us we should wait another thousand years till first reissue is going to be released, even if reissues were announced like 18months ago and nothing happened... Yet :D

#soon

August 2021 announcement https://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonna-and-warner-music-group-announce-milestone--career-spanning-partnership

April 23, 2022 Who's That Girl Super Club Mix - RSD release - the first release under the new deal

May 2022 Finally Enough Love announcement https://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonna-announces-finally-enough-love-50-number-ones

June - August 2022 Finally Enough Love releases

September 2022 Erotica 30th picture disc annoucement https://www.madonna.com/news/title/erotica-12-picture-disc-will-see--official-release-on-october-21

November 25, 2022 Everybody 40th anniversary release

The catalogue reissue deal is well under way and it will be good when the first expanded album reissue is announced - well until we see the usual 'it should have this demo I illegally downloaded years ago' or "I would have done it like this' commentary etc 

3 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

April 23, 2022 Who's That Girl Super Club Mix - RSD release - the first release under the new deal

Really ? I don't think so...

They were already doing these kind of re-release before any deal... We had the japanese reissues, the YCD red vinyl... For me they just keep on having some Madonna RSD release and it's something alternative because you cannot order these kind of records in the main distributors such as Fnac, HMV or Amazon... Not same game.

11 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

August 2021 announcement https://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonna-and-warner-music-group-announce-milestone--career-spanning-partnership

May 2022 Finally Enough Love announcement https://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonna-announces-finally-enough-love-50-number-ones

June - August 2022 Finally Enough Love releases

September 2022 Erotica 30th picture disc annoucement https://www.madonna.com/news/title/erotica-12-picture-disc-will-see--official-release-on-october-21

November 25, 2022 Everybody 40th anniversary release

The catalogue reissue deal is well under way and it will be good when the first expanded album reissue  is announced until we see the usual 'it should have this demo I illegally downloaded years ago' or "I would have done it like this' commentary etc 

My point was a bit different. I don't really care what fans say.. We all know there are gonna be a lot of negative comments about every reissue. This is expected. 

What I am saying is that they announced reissues back in August 2021 (!!) promising us a new info #soon... And absolutely nothing happened. I would expect to give us at least some basic schedule or at very least some info "expect an announcement of first reissue album in, idk, December 2022" (even if I wouldn't believe them at this point). I don't expect any specific info about any reissue, nor track list, just want to know WHEN it is going to happen because this dead silence for way over a year is not doing any good 

1 minute ago, HC Charge said:

My point was a bit different. I don't really care what fans say.. We all know there are gonna be a lot of negative comments about every reissue. This is expected. 

What I am saying is that they announced reissues back in August 2021 (!!) promising us a new info #soon... And absolutely nothing happened. I would expect to give us at least some basic schedule or at very least some info "expect an announcement of first reissue album in, idk, December 2022" (even if I wouldn't believe them at this point). I don't expect any specific info about any reissue, nor track list, just want to know WHEN it is going to happen because this dead silence for way over a year is not doing any good 

It's a multi year deal and there would absolutely be a schedule / 2-3 year plan. I would expect the first one to be an announcement. 

And yes the negativity is always expected unfortunately. Some M fans find comfort in disappointment I think, seeking out opportunities to find the negative and when they don't find it, they create it through suggestion etc it comes with a diverse, multi generational fan base and it's something we will always see in all forums and across social media. There are M fans out there who will never be happy and that's ok, they don't have to be. 

14 minutes ago, HC Charge said:

I think we all misunderstood the August 2021 announcement. The press release said the deal started "next year" and that's what's happened. "FEL" is the first big project.

"Finally Enough Love" is the big release this year and then we have all the little one-off things: the RSD releases, "Erotica" picture disc, etc.

We want everything and we want it now, but it's not realistic to expect two album releases in a row. Not even Prince State and Warner did that, they usually did one big release each year and then little one-offs - just like Warner with Madonna now.

15 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I think we all misunderstood the August 2021 announcement. The press release said the deal started "next year" and that's what's happened. "FEL" is the first big project.

"Finally Enough Love" is the big release this year and then we have all the little one-off things: the RSD releases, "Erotica" picture disc, etc.

We want everything and we want it now, but it's not realistic to expect two album releases in a row. Not even Prince State and Warner did that, they usually did one big release each year and then little one-offs - just like Warner with Madonna now.

The Prince releases shit all over M - they included demos , all remixes , a concert and all presented in a beautiful box - I don’t consider one off vinyl releases and remix collection from M anywhere near in the same league as his released - everything she has put out under this “ deal “ is stuff we have heard before - it’s just been repackaged because they can’t be bothered to put effort into it - we’ve seen 2 anniversaries this year and M has done fuck all with it ….

15 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

The Prince releases shit all over M - they included demos , all remixes , a concert and all presented in a beautiful box - I don’t consider one off vinyl releases and remix collection from M anywhere near in the same league as his released - everything she has put out under this “ deal “ is stuff we have heard before - it’s just been repackaged because they can’t be bothered to put effort into it - we’ve seen 2 anniversaries this year and M has done fuck all with it ….

Yes, but... he's dead. And Warner could choose for the deluxe editions whatever they wanted to from his unreleased stuff.

Madonna is alive. So we'll have to deal with whatever she wants to give to us.

PS: Anyway, Prince fans also complain, for instance the latest legacy release is the "Purple Rain Tour" AGAIN, nothing exciting or new - but commercially enough to appeal to some part of the general public maybe. They need people outside the hardcore fans to buy these editions too.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Yes, but... he's dead. And Warner could choose for the deluxe editions whatever they wanted to from his unreleased stuff.

Madonna is alive. So we'll have to deal with whatever she wants to give to us.

PS: Anyway, Prince fans also complain, for instance the latest legacy release is the "Purple Rain Tour" AGAIN, nothing exciting or new - but commercially enough to appeal to some part of the general public maybe. They need people outside the hardcore fans to buy these editions too.

Yes the purple rain live show wasn’t good which is why I didn’t buy it - his releases have slowed right down now but that’s only because his legacy releases has changed ownership - we still got 3 amazing box sets though - 3 more than M and why does she have to be dead for these to materialise? The whole point of this new deal was to release expansive sets ? Why does no one else see that ???🤔

On 10/23/2022 at 8:52 PM, GregVsMatt said:

Madonna, Like A Virgin and True Blue were remastered in 2001 and reissued with 2 remixes on each.

There's every chance M will not include demos on any of the upcoming reissues 

Indeed. I think we’re in a slightly different paradigm though. 

The second wind of her career  Ray Of Light & Music gave her was unexpected. We’d already had a highly orchestrated move to  a movie career with Evita and a softening of her image. In fact we’d moved into ballad and legacy artist territory with Something To Remember, a career spanning retrospective singles Boxset in the east and her 80’s singles being reissued on CD in Europe in 95. Warner looked to be cashing out somewhat. 
so when the double punch of ROL/Music smashed a tour was on the cards. The first for sefen years which really was unheard of. Three studio albums a  ballads collection and a giant soundtrack had not been showcased live. Her stock was back up so those three remasters were likely a cheap opportunistic cash in on the back of a Tour in a period where CD was king. It was a push for those who’d bought on vinyl first time round to upgrade to CD so there wouldn’t have been much of an incentive needed. A couple of remixes would suffice then but not would not now. A remaster CD would not be enough to make people by the CD. 

Madonna being Madonna, who we know was reluctant to do GHV2, likely kept as many tracks off those early records out of the tour set list. Indeed only Holiday & La Isla were included. Hardly a tool to push said rereleases. 
We’re in an age of additional endless content. She knows this … just watch her Instagram. 
They will need to give more and if they don’t what really is the point in all of this? 

2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Yes the purple rain live show wasn’t good which is why I didn’t buy it - his releases have slowed right down now but that’s only because his legacy releases has changed ownership - we still got 3 amazing box sets though - 3 more than M and why does she have to be dead for these to materialise? The whole point of this new deal was to release expansive sets ? Why does no one else see that ???🤔

I see that. We can say this time the negativity from fans is bound to objective and concrete facts. The 2 anniversaries (the Everybody one mostly) were something a dedicated new partnership should have treated differently. What was announced was aiming to the fact that, from that moment on,  all the conventional release would be presented in a new special way, since Madonna herself this time was curating all. Warners could have not done special releases without M's yes before. If Madonna is in, all changes, since her presence is necessary to do something unique. Why would Warner would have signed a partnership to release a 12" with different cover? A picture disc? Even a collection of old remixes could have done by WB alone. We'll see what happens in the future , till now no sign of specialness due to the partnership.

Truth is, if she's dropping new music soon, it won't make sense to release a reissue of a classic album this year.

We may get something in mid-2023, so she can have a lot of stuff to promote with the (supposed) GH Tour: her 40th anniversary, new music, the first reissue (e.g. Selftitled), etc.

What bothers me is they PERFECTLY KNOW how to please fans with REAL EXCLUSIVES. It happened when THEY needed it: Ain't no big deal on Dress You Up 12" and even on tentative remix albums like 12"ers+2, Spotlight on You Can Dance, Supernatural on Cherish 7", Let Down Your Guard on Secret single (and it's a rough mix, not too polished), Your Honesty tape-rip on Remixed & Revisited, Broken on 12" exclusive, Rebel Heart advance 6 tracks on 2014 due to leaks......so I wouldn't say Madonna is not pleased by the idea of releasing exclusives WHEN COMMERCIALLY NEEDED. Not coherent at all. I would say: research in the vaults, selection, cleaning and mastering takes more time than choosing a picture on Getty Images and put it on a 12" vinyl. I think that having released Everybody 12", original cover, with the Kamins mix of Ain't no big deal on b-side would have been a lot more kind and enthusiastic way to celebrate her first single ever on its 40º anniversary. Furtherly, because without Ain't no big deal, the first choice and the track leading to the contract, Everybody single would have not been existed.

On 10/25/2022 at 12:34 AM, HC Charge said:

... And absolutely nothing happened. 

Actually, a lot has happened.  A lot of special vinyls.  An expansive collection on digital, cd, + vinyl.  Quite a few upscaled videos.  A shit ton of reinvented remixes.  Additional classic, digital remix releases.  And many anniversary surprises.  I have spent a small fortune on "nothing" happening.  

2 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Actually, a lot has happened.  A lot of special vinyls.  An expansive collection on digital, cd, + vinyl.  Quite a few upscaled videos.  A shit ton of reinvented remixes.  Additional classic, digital remix releases.  And many anniversary surprises.  I have spent a small fortune on "nothing" happening.  

🥸

6 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Curious to know if you would have spent the same small fortune on the same items having a double choice:

FEL 3 cds Vs Spanning career box 3 cds including demos and unreleased & unheard songs;

Erotica picture disc Vs Erotica reissue 4 cds including vaults material;

Everybody 12" with b/w cover Vs Everybody 12" (or Danceteria) including Ain't no big deal Kamins or live tracks from her 82 showcase 🤔 mine is just curiosity! No intention to be bitchy. But please, be sincere if you answer.

30 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

The main problem i feel is although we have had these releases all this year...   We have very little new unheard material (and I cannot count that rubbish she's released ''Hung Up'' ''Frozen'' etc..   I for one i'm dying to hear demos officially released from the early albums..  Even if we already have it to have the material officially released would be amazing..   They seem to be more concerned with putting out T-Shirts than anything :(  

3 hours ago, The Ghost said:

The main problem i feel is although we have had these releases all this year...   We have very little new unheard material (and I cannot count that rubbish she's released ''Hung Up'' ''Frozen'' etc..   I for one i'm dying to hear demos officially released from the early albums..  Even if we already have it to have the material officially released would be amazing..   They seem to be more concerned with putting out T-Shirts than anything :(  

Madonna is working on it.  Prince and George Michael's families/heirs are selling everything and anything that they find.  Madonna is in control so she is not gonna send out two decades of material every six months.  I want this done right, not fast.  

3 hours ago, The Ghost said:

There is no suggestion from any of the press releases that M will ever release demos though

1 hour ago, GregVsMatt said:

There is no suggestion from any of the press releases that M will ever release demos though

True and I would not blame her if she didn’t want to release those things as going by what we have heard most of what hit the cutting room floor is not up to the standard of what’s on the albums.

I would love box sets of the albums with all the remixes and b-sides included though.

53 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

True and I would not blame her if she didn’t want to release those things as going by what we have heard most of what hit the cutting room floor is not up to the standard of what’s on the albums.

Don’t think that’s totally true: if she didn’t like “You thrill me” she would have never sang it live during confession. And if she didn’t feel “Let down your guard” was ok it would have never been a b-side (although it wasn’t a masterpiece). To me what is cool about a demo is the creation process. And in the case of the first album it would be great to hear something coming from that era coz it’s where she surfaced from the anonymity of the clubs. So as having a “Warning signs” or “Desperately seeking Susan” track would reveal how the metamorphosis from unknown artist to megastar did take place. But still that’s just my point of view and what really drives my interest in her discography ( sad to say more than I am today with Tokisha and Sickick and those unrequested “remixes”)

3 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Seeing how the reissues of other artists' albums are, it's not too crazy to think that the fans would also hope that demos/previously unheard songs will be on there. I personnally don't expect too many new tracks but some of the finished ones (Liquid Love, Run, Across the Sky, Latte) or even tracks that she gave to other artists (Love Won't Wait, Like a Flower) have the most chance of appearing on these.