The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

40 minutes ago, stefo said:

Ok sorry, when I posted it, it was meant to be ironic, I did not mean to take it seriously, as I thought the M emoticon could suggest.

Said that, from my perspectives, there's no harm in sharing feelings or thoughts as @tscott was doing, he was expressing his point of view.

That point of view has clearly changed many times to better suit those who will be willing to give them likes. It’s annoys most here.

Better to just ignore them.

Deep breaths everyone - it’s been a very challenging week for all of us.

I have every confidence early this week we’ll get a statement.

Until then - let’s try not to second guess or predict.

Please take the rest of the weekend to listen to your favour Madonna playlists or concerts and chill and have a well earned break from this anxiety we all feeling about the situation.

19 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Deep breaths everyone - it’s been a very challenging week for all of us.

I have every confidence early this week we’ll get a statement.

Until then - let’s try not to second guess or predict.

Please take the rest of the weekend to listen to your favour Madonna playlists or concerts and chill and have a well earned break from this anxiety we all feeling about the situation.

I have to agree with this sediment even though I chimed in earlier about that Ticketmaster email.  That said, there are so many other fun threads people can post in that are very celebratory of Madonna as an artist.  We also have the Debut album's 40th anniversary this month, which I made a post about in main forum which is celebrating 40 years of that album. So many cool and rare videos, promotional performances and interviews can be viewed in it  I hope more will participate.  Also, I see other fun and postive threads among the forum, that we can put our energy and time into as well.  :)

Back to the show, I have a curiosity about one of the many things I'm missing about the news we already had about the show: do we know anything about the backing singers engaged for the tour? I remember reading that Nicki Richards won't be part of the game this time and that Niki and Donna are touring with their own thing in the US clubs.

20 minutes ago, stefo said:

Back to the show, I have a curiosity about one of the many things I'm missing about the news we already had about the show: do we know anything about the backing singers engaged for the tour? I remember reading that Nicki Richards won't be part of the game this time and that Niki and Donna are touring with their own thing in the US clubs.

It would have been awesome if Niki and Donna could join her again.  I think some still have hope they will join her or at least join her on a couple nights if they cross paths while on tour. 

It's been pretty tight lipped about much of the production of this tour and who is all joining her. We do know Stuart Price was spotted early on when they were putting the show together.  It's kinda nice we really don't know much about the tour.  We've yet to really get any spoilers. 

34 minutes ago, stefo said:

It’s probably going to be the same boring, non-interesting backing singers, unfortunately.

For whatever reason, Madonna has completely moved on from Niki and Donna.

So, if they postpone/reschedule the European dates, will ticketmaster provide refund for this? It says it is up to the artist, team etc to make refunds but do madonnas team usually do that? I do not know if i still want to attend this tour anymore considering lack of communication from her team these days and possibility of rescheduled dates. 

Edited by pcd (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, pcd said:

So, if they postpone/reschedule the European dates, will ticketmaster provide refund for this? It says it is up to the artist, team etc to make refunds but do madonnas team usually do that? I do not know if i still want to attend this tour anymore considering lack of communication from her team these days and possibility of cancellations. 

so usually when an artits show is postponed and a new date is accouned, the tickets for the original show are still valid. However if people can't make it to the new date for whatever reason then you contact ticketmaster and explain and you would be entitled to a refund, but it can take a while for it to be processed

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

so usually when an artits show is postponed and a new date is accouned, the tickets for the original show are still valid. However if people can't make it to the new date for whatever reason then you contact ticketmaster and explain and you would be entitled to a refund, but it can take a while for it to be processed

I am supposed to see her in October,  I flew very far away from Hong Kong to Copenhagen. Still wanna keep the ticket to see her, hope she will postpone long enough and no need to fly there again in 1 month. :lol:

12 minutes ago, tamamakenny1997 said:

I am supposed to see her in October,  I flew very far away from Hong Kong to Copenhagen. Still wanna keep the ticket to see her, hope she will postpone long enough and no need to fly there again in 1 month. :lol:

i dont think Europe will be postponed (at least now), it's still too far away. It was almost 4 months away when this happened

9 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

It’s probably going to be the same boring, non-interesting backing singers, unfortunately.

For whatever reason, Madonna has completely moved on from Niki and Donna.

I believe it’s the other way around. Both said the touring life was too much at their age, Niki said DWT was a struggle for her and Donna left after Confessions probably for the same reason. 

52 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

I believe it’s the other way around. Both said the touring life was too much at their age, Niki said DWT was a struggle for her and Donna left after Confessions probably for the same reason. 

I was going to say this as well. For personal reasons both left/decided not to go on at different points and M. simply moved on without them.

I would love to see the three of them together again, and sound wise Donna does WONDERS for Madonna live, but I understand why it's probably not gonna happen again.

Plus Niki has talked about her in some non-official documentaries, which I don't think it felt good for M if she knew/saw it, especially one called "Men Of Madonna" or something like that, where she talked about Guy, Ingrid, etc.

Oct 23 '04
The new issue of Toronto gay magazine Fab features an interview with Madonna's long-time backing singer Niki Haris. 
Niki, who is performing in Toronto this month, is asked a couple of questions about Madonna, and as she showed in the Madonna's Men UK TV interview earlier this year she isn't shy in her opinions and she also says why she did not tour as backing singer with Madonna this summer. 

When asked if she has a favourite Madonna movie, Niki answers Is that possible?! 

When asked why she did not go on the Re-Invention tour this summer and if she would tour with Madonna again, Niki said that she would do it when it's 'reinvention not regurgitation.' She also said she might tour again but there would have to be discussions and she alluded to money matters....
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/madonnadotrefugees/niki-haris-reinvention-regurgitation-t9320.html

edit: Do you know how to spell Niki’s name? It’s...

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

I was going to say this as well. For personal reasons both left/decided not to go on at different points and M. simply moved on without them.

I would love to see the three of them together again, and sound wise Donna does WONDERS for Madonna live, but I understand why it's probably not gonna happen again.

Plus Niki has talked about her in some non-official documentaries, which I don't think it felt good for M if she knew/saw it, especially one called "Men Of Madonna" or something like that, where she talked about Guy, Ingrid, etc.

Yes, Niki called also the Re-Invention Tour the Regurgitation Tour, probably after the documentary she wasn’t asked to come back and she was bitter about it. Of course she later changed her tune when she went on tour with Donna. As much as they were a great trio I really can’t see them on a Madonna’s show. 

29 minutes ago, Mden said:

Oct 23 '04
The new issue of Toronto gay magazine Fab features an interview with Madonna's long-time backing singer Niki Haris. 
Niki, who is performing in Toronto this month, is asked a couple of questions about Madonna, and as she showed in the Madonna's Men UK TV interview earlier this year she isn't shy in her opinions and she also says why she did not tour as backing singer with Madonna this summer. 

When asked if she has a favourite Madonna movie, Niki answers Is that possible?! 

When asked why she did not go on the Re-Invention tour this summer and if she would tour with Madonna again, Niki said that she would do it when it's 'reinvention not regurgitation.' She also said she might tour again but there would have to be discussions and she alluded to money matters....
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/madonnadotrefugees/niki-haris-reinvention-regurgitation-t9320.html

edit: Do you know how to spell Niki’s name? It’s...

Funny, on the Drowned World Tour story on Entertainment Weekly she complained for the lack of hits on that tour. She wanted probably to say no at Madonna’s request to do RIT, but after the Men of Madonna documentary she was probably not asked back in the first place so she lost her opportunity. 

I can see Donna and Niki becoming quite expensive if kept on tour after tour.  I'm sure Niki's bitterness comes down to the finances.  She really put her foot in her mouth a few times, even though she may have said some honest things.  But that's the way the world works.  Consequences. 

I do think both Donna and Niki seem more lately to have a nostalgic fondness for Madonna.  They also know without Madonna they wouldn't have the notoriety and fans they have now.

34 minutes ago, Prayer said:

She was. That's why I NEVER bought this BS story:

No wonder this B never came back with M after that tour.

I always thought Siedah was referring to Niki or whomever was telling her about the other singer "never having a step out" was referring to Niki.

Siedah has been respectively been in the business for years and sang with lots of big entertainers.  Even worked as back up for True Blue and Who's That Girl albums.  I can see why Madonna purposely allowed Siedah to stand out when she became her back up singer.  I can see Niki being jealous about it.

I'd expect the reason why she didn't come back is because she may have not been available or cost too much as a backing singer for Madonna. 

12 minutes ago, tscott said:

I don't know Siedah has been respectively been in the business for years and sang with lots of big entertainers.  Even worked as back up for True Blue and Who's That Girl albums.  I can see Madonna purposely allowing Siedah to stand out when she became her back up singer.  I can see Niki being jealous about it.  Are you thinking she was talking about Donna?

I'd expect the reason why she didn't come back is because she may have not been available or cost too much as a backing singer for Madonna. 

She was talking about Donna in that clip. So of course it's BS. She was given the "Like A Prayer" solo cause that was Niki's part and she was "replacing" Niki in a way. End of story.

I know Siedah has decades of experience in the business and I have enjoyed her stories about Michael, etc. but I think she's also very ego driven and loves all the attention and the drama. Hence this particular story.

47 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I know Siedah has decades of experience in the business and I have enjoyed her stories about Michael, etc. but I think she's also very ego driven and loves all the attention and the drama. Hence this particular story.

Agree, I respect her but never had a good feelin' about her personality.

We also have to consider that Donna and Niki were huge talents and were helped to be acknowledged by two more elements: they were BS in the most acclaimed period of M's career and she really built a mithology about her and her entourage in that period, by going out with them in multiple occasions, giving them big spaces in her shows and most of all making them main characters in Truth or dare. After the 2000s the people she cared the most were her producers and dancers. After the 2010s mostly just her dancers. I mean I don't have any kind of idea of who Nicki Richards is in private and Seidah never appears in IGTTYAS.

Said that, even just one performance, a 5, 6 tracks reunion showcase show with Donna and Niki would be such an event to celebrate these 40 years ... almost a must be experience imo.

20 minutes ago, Prayer said:

She was talking about Donna in that clip. So of course it's BS. She was given the "Like A Prayer" solo cause that was Niki's part and she was "replacing" Niki in a way. End of story.

Hmm?  I always thought this story was about Nicki, not Donna.  But yeah, if it was claiming, Donna felt that way, I can see it being "BS".  But let's remember, Sediah claimed someone else told her that about the other singer.  So to me, it's "hear say" and yeah, could be more telling of that third person telling Sediah such and probably a lie, either way. 

3 minutes ago, Crazy For M said:

"Madonna has ‘no trouble walking,’ spotted out in NYC amid health scare"

https://pagesix.com/2023/07/09/madonna-has-no-trouble-walking-amid-health-scare/

If so, I'm so relieved!

This is great! So good she is feeling well enough to walk! Sounds like she is still weak - but this is great news and she’s in the road to recovery yay 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic