Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

8 minutes ago, steady75 said:

and if any spot on the setlist is taken up by the woefully average and forgettable Hold Tight she int right for that.

It is not part of her story.

I think some people also take the terms "story" and "biography" far too literally. 
This is Madonna's 40th anniversary tour, for the rest, let's just say she's in charge of the story she's telling... what I mean by that, and even if I'm the first to love guessing games, is that we can't rely on such slim elements to know whether a track will or won't be in the setlist, simply because we're not inside her head, and despite everything we know about her, we won't know until Saturday what "story" she's going to tell us. Perhaps the best thing to do is not to have any particular expectations (even if we do have our preferences, that's undeniable) and to live this experience with as open a mind as possible :):angel:

2 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Please for the love of god, there MUST be somebody in this forum who lives in Manchester. Please go to the arena today to listen in in rehearsals and reveal the setlist to us. I will suck your dick for it, I'm desperate. :Madonna023:

I can help you sucking dicks if you want :cute:

7 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Please for the love of god, there MUST be somebody in this forum who lives in Manchester. Please go to the arena today to listen in in rehearsals and reveal the setlist to us. I will suck your dick for it, I'm desperate. :Madonna023:

send pic

1 minute ago, Redha DBL said:

I don't get why she would perform a totally unknown song from the grand public and a very average song like Hold tight. Would make more sense to perform "Back that up" which is from the Rebel Heart sessions and had a viral success not long ago. 

Maybe it was more successful, but it's crap compared to Hold tight. 

I'd still prefer her to sing Ain't no big deal :)

Just now, Redha DBL said:

Not performing Hung Up in its original form and performing that horrible Tikosha version would be absolutely silly. Not artistic, silly. About 90% of the crowd who will attend the show want to hear her last real huge solo worldide hit. 

But that's Madonna. She'd rather reinvent the title 1,000 times over than rehash the 2005 version over and over again. It's not as if she hasn't always done it this way. 

5 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

I think Hold Tight is boring as hell while Back that up is funky groovy ! 

Groovy but shitty :lol:

Okay, it's groovy, but this track has zero emotion next to Hold Tight, and it's not for nothing that it doesn't feature on the Rebel Heart album, which is a rich, quality album. 

In any case, Madonna doesn't give a damn about the general public, she does as she pleases and in that respect I find her more honest and more interesting than certain singers who have spent their time bringing us the same soup for 20 years. 

2 minutes ago, Sheridan1980 said:

But that's Madonna. She'd rather reinvent the title 1,000 times over than rehash the 2005 version over and over again. It's not as if she hasn't always done it this way. 

It’s stupid, reinventions are fine, that tokischa remix is shit. 

But again we still don’t know anything about HU yet 

I'm waiting for the setlist before I get a ticket. If she sticks it to us with some bullshit setlist I won't go. I want the hits at this point! I've already seen her multiple times and enjoyed her experimental artistic vision. NOW I WANT THE HITS. BRING IT M!

I BEEN TO EVERY LIVE SHOW EXCEPT WHOS THAT GIRL (TO YOUNG TO TRAVEL AND SHE DIDN'T COME TO MY TOWN) AND DROWNED WORLD ( I DIDN'T LIKE THE SETLIST OR LOOK AND FEEL).

4 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

It’s stupid, reinventions are fine, that tokischa remix is shit. 

But again we still don’t know anything about HU yet 

Some people think it's crap, but she just thinks it's great and decides to do it.

Having said that, there's no guarantee that it will really be this version. Maybe she'll come up with a totally new reinvention on Saturday night, or maybe she won't even sing Hung up - who knows? Anything is possible with her 

2 minutes ago, Lucky90210 said:

I'm waiting for the setlist before I get a ticket. If she sticks it to us with some bullshit setlist I won't go. I want the hits at this point! I've already seen her multiple times and enjoyed her experimental artistic vision. NOW I WANT THE HITS. BRING IT M!

Personally, I wouldn't mind hearing neither Material Girl nor like a virgin :angel: