Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

4 minutes ago, Inco said:

Madonna will tell her history through songs and videos, a lot of them obviously. She has a tale to tell us. We can expect a lot of surprises and tears :)

But remember, the story won’t be chronologically played out. I think she will open with over and over as the ultimate bacteria song and weave the past, present and future into the show.

12 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Notice how these two latest articles which sources BBC that do call this a "Greatest Hits" tour.  But I get what Stuart is saying, as it will not only just include songs that were her greatest hits, but the iconic looks, visuals, and performances over the past 4 decades. Just wow!  This is truly exciting! :party:

We kind of knew that old looks will be used again considering Madonna teased costumes from previous eras. And probably choreography too.

5 minutes ago, Alex the rebel heart said:

Also Stuart said this:

"A lot of the powerful moments [in this show] are to do with where the music intersects with something that society was going through, especially something emotional, like the Aids crisis. Those moments are incredibly powerful."

"There are live musicians that perform at different parts of the show," said Price. "But what we realised is that the original recordings are our stars. Those things can't be replicated and can't be recreated, so we decided just to embrace that."

"With Madonna, everything is always about recontextualising stuff, finding ways to take strong original messages and see how they resonate in the era that we're in now," said Price.

---

"When she announced the greatest hits tour I called her just to say, 'Congratulations, I think this is a great idea'. And she said, 'I was just thinking about you, and I thought you'd be the perfect person to work with on this'.

"So two weeks later, I went to New York."

By that point, "Madonna had a really already highly evolved storyline" for the show that "reflected on her career, from being a young woman in New York and learning the scene, all the way through to motherhood, spiritual awakenings, and all the ups and downs. The storyline was just really, really compelling".

Thank you so much for posting the text here instead of links to social media. It’s much appreciated.

By that point, "Madonna had a really already highly evolved storyline" for the show that "reflected on her career, from being a young woman in New York and learning the scene, all the way through to motherhood, spiritual awakenings, and all the ups and downs. The storyline was just really, really compelling".

They’ve just used multitracks of album versions for the music? 
ok now I believe that ILNy x  Burning Up x Material Girl x GMAYL x Over & Over X Gambler mash up is real 

Or is this a way to tell us she’s miming :/ 

17 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

But remember, the story won’t be chronologically played out. I think she will open with over and over as the ultimate bacteria song and weave the past, present and future into the show.

Bacteria song?  I'm assuming this was a typo, but I can't begin to imagine what the real word should be, lol.

I agree it sounds like she took elements of the movie and merged them with the show. Would make sense if she used the songs she had in mind in order of her story and just transformed the setlist based on her previous ideas. 

I'm kinda shook there's no band though. I trust Stuart and all but it sounds like we're just getting music played through a speaker? Hmmmm

1 minute ago, litemakr said:

It sounds like after her biographical movie was shelved, she decided to just do it herself as a stage show. Which is a much better idea than a movie IMO.

I don't believe it really had much to do with the Biopic, other than she decided to tour instead.  The tour was always billed as a tour to celebrate her career, so yeah she now is able to perform her music in a way that may tell a story of that journey.  I'm sure she's still interested in doing a proper biopic which will dive more deeper into how she became who she is, and other personal encounters you can't necessarily share in a musical concert of this degree.

It's all exciting and I'm happy to see Stuart has been brought back as a key person in this tour.  I love what he did with Confessions tour, so no doubt he has done great things for this current tour.

5 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

I agree it sounds like she took elements of the movie and merged them with the show. Would make sense if she used the songs she had in mind in order of her story and just transformed the setlist based on her previous ideas. 

I'm kinda shook there's no band though. I trust Stuart and all but it sounds like we're just getting music played through a speaker? Hmmmm

It’s common these days for pop acts to have no band. And that’s how Madonna started live shows back in the day, with deconstructed multi-tracks. This is not the first time she performed live to deconstructed multi-tracks. First time in a world tour yes.

6 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Yeah, my concern she might be doing a lot of lip syncing. I hope that's not the case.  But I also have to remember what Stuart did for Confessions which he tool many of the older songs and updated them, where Madonna was able to at least sing live over backing tracks that were perfectly blended in.

With no live band, it doesn't mean she won't come out herself with a live acoustic or electric guitar or other performers throughout the show, playing instruments.

This sounds so exciting!!! The stage looks great and that circle stage looks to be enveloped in LED screens - could you imagine!?!?

Stuart's description matches Drowned Madonna - a very long show. He did mention there will be a live band as well - so I expect it'll be a mix of the original sounds that can't be reproduced and a band. I really love that idea of deconstructing the original song - taking the elements that made it special and blending it to the now. 

I am also PUMPED about the archival footage - so exciting to think what this could be and how this is displayed - and I agree, a greatest hit, is not only a song, but a look, a video an award show performance (think sooner or later) - wow just wow!

12 minutes ago, Jackie said:

This sounds so exciting!!! The stage looks great and that circle stage looks to be enveloped in LED screens - could you imagine!?!?

Stuart's description matches Drowned Madonna - a very long show. He did mention there will be a live band as well - so I expect it'll be a mix of the original sounds that can't be reproduced and a band. I really love that idea of deconstructing the original song - taking the elements that made it special and blending it to the now. 

I am also PUMPED about the archival footage - so exciting to think what this could be and how this is displayed - and I agree, a greatest hit, is not only a song, but a look, a video an aware show performance (think sooner or later) - wow just wow!

No, he said there will be NO live band on stage.