Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

4 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Further - he did say live musicians. So might not be on stage, but they'll be there.

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 11.32.52.png

Right, and the moment I posted what I did, I wondered if that was what you were meaning because I also stated that she herself will probably come on stage, playing at least the acoustic and electric guitar on stage. So I imagine she will feature particular musicians who will be playing instruments on certain songs as she's done in the past for songs like La Isla Bonita on Sticky and Sweet tour and Open Your Heart on MDNA Tour.  Featured Drums on RIT tour and during GMAYL on MDNA Tour. :)

1 minute ago, McDonna said:

Right, and the moment I posted what I did, I wondered if that was what you were meaning because I also stated that she herself will probably come on stage, playing at least the acoustic and electric guitar on stage. So I imagine she will feature particular musicians who will be playing instruments on certain songs as she's done in the past for songs like La Isla Bonita on Stickey and Sweet tour and Open  Your Heart on MDNA Tour.  Featured Drums on RIT tour and during GMAYL on MDNA Tour. :)

It's all very exciting!

8 minutes ago, McDonna said:

No, he said there will be NO live band on stage.

So sad this is, if the setlist is as subpar as recent reports have been? Don’t expect ANY of the MANY tickets that remain to sell on “word of mouth. Expect sudden “circumstances” to be announced for the inevitable numerous cancellations coming. :(

2 minutes ago, Lilalo said:

So sad this is, if the setlist is as subpar as recent reports have been? Don’t expect ANY of the MANY tickets that remain to sell on “word of mouth. Expect sudden “circumstances” to be announced for the inevitable numerous cancellations coming. :(

:OML:

47 minutes ago, Alex the rebel heart said:

Also Stuart said this:

"A lot of the powerful moments [in this show] are to do with where the music intersects with something that society was going through, especially something emotional, like the Aids crisis. Those moments are incredibly powerful."

"There are live musicians that perform at different parts of the show," said Price. "But what we realised is that the original recordings are our stars. Those things can't be replicated and can't be recreated, so we decided just to embrace that."

"With Madonna, everything is always about recontextualising stuff, finding ways to take strong original messages and see how they resonate in the era that we're in now," said Price.

---

"When she announced the greatest hits tour I called her just to say, 'Congratulations, I think this is a great idea'. And she said, 'I was just thinking about you, and I thought you'd be the perfect person to work with on this'.

"So two weeks later, I went to New York."

By that point, "Madonna had a really already highly evolved storyline" for the show that "reflected on her career, from being a young woman in New York and learning the scene, all the way through to motherhood, spiritual awakenings, and all the ups and downs. The storyline was just really, really compelling".

Fuck it l love what Stuart & Madonna create, now l want to jump on a plane and fly half way around the world!!

2 minutes ago, Dazedmadonna said:

The show will have some "band members", but let's say that in this case... it's pretty much more intimate, personal.. a family affair. :kiss2:

So her kids will make appearances maybe? I.e. the twins playing piano?

(Imagine them playing when (if) she does PTT 😭)

6 minutes ago, Dazedmadonna said:

The show will have some "band members", but let's say that in this case... it's pretty much more intimate, personal.. a family affair. :kiss2:

Honestly I'm hopping for Mercy to play the piano at Oh Father (if the song it's on the final setlist)

1 hour ago, Dazedmadonna said:

As I said before, expect the unexpected. :kiss2:

The stage looks great, can't wait to see it in full action, with backdrops, on-stage projections that will complete the story!

I've got one question and one huge request for you :cute:

The question is about the most important thing for me when it comes to her live shows (and I have to admit I'm sooo disappointed about the lack of live musicians presence on stage, for what it seems from the first article posted): does this mean that there won't be neither two or three "pure live sounding" tracks, like Rain, Why's it so hard, La isla in the Girlie Show or Burning up, Like a Prayer, Mother and father in the ReInvention tour? I mean just live instruments and live vocals.

EDIT: sorry you answered already to this question, while I was writing :lol:

The request is: please, when the tour will be started, will you tell us what you know about the songs considered, rehearsed and excluded from the main setlist? It's always so interesting to have infos about the creative process. Hope you will!

21 minutes ago, Lilalo said:

yikes-rachel-dratch.gif

3 minutes ago, McDonna said:

yikes-rachel-dratch.gif

LoL,  I took a screen grab of what I wrote,,, I’ll save it for later when we compare how many cancellations of Taylor’s Eras tour and Beyoncé renaissance tour had as to comparison to Madonnas “celebration” tour had. Now, besides the setlist? How many here are gonna defend her INEVITABLE late start times to the previous 2 mentioned ? 
“I’m waiting “ ;)

19 minutes ago, Gutten said:

No live band is such a downer! Sounds like Madame X part 2!

You guys are being overly dramatic.  There were live musicians on Madame X.  And for the last many tours, the live bands before MADAME X Tour were taking a back seat more and more.  While I would be lying if I wish we'd get a live band like on The Girlie Show,  but I don't think the lack of a live band is really going diminish anything.  Live musicians will still appear, but like on many of her tours for the past 20 years, it's going to be reliant on backing track.  With Stuart on board, I am not worried. :)

1 minute ago, McDonna said:

You guys are being overly dramatic.  There were live musicians on Madame X.  And for the last many tours, the live bands before MADAME X Tour were taking a back seat more and more.  While I would be lying if I wish we'd get a live band like on The Girlie Show, I don't think the lack of a live band completely going to really diminish anything.  Live musicians will still appear, but like on many of her tours for the past 20 years, it's going to be reliant on backing track.  With Stuart on board, I am not worried. :)

Exactly 👍 

9 minutes ago, Lilalo said:

LoL,  I took a screen grab of what I wrote,,, I’ll save it for later when we compare how many cancellations of Taylor’s Eras tour and Beyoncé renaissance tour had as to comparison to Madonnas “celebration” tour had. Now, besides the setlist? How many here are gonna defend her INEVITABLE late start times to the previous 2 mentioned ? 
“I’m waiting “ ;)

1193bf6e83cf88c15f91083d4178400e.jpg

Screen grab and make all your comparisons.  I don't care!  The rest of us are going to just enjoy the tour and not assume doom and gloom. :suffer:

I'm very sad about the lack of live music 

BUT

I trust her, this is concieved as a huge biographical show, in wich she presents her version of the story and the social involvment and impact of her work, from the causes she supported to the tabu subjects she dealt with and fought against, to the fashion and the image contributions she gave.

Music here seems to have a specific kind of role, staying at the words of Stuart: evoking those moments, mood and sound, like a philologic work to be in those times again. It's an artistic choice and I'm positive about the result.

SAID THAT, it already gives me a new idea to start being noisey with her and asking an unplugged future show :lol: (when she probably will not dance anymore), aaaaall about MUSIC, with Donna and Niky and the best drums, percussions and bass in the world for a great live acoustic experience. Even just 3, 5 shows in New York with tickets at 1000 dollars each (this argument will help to convince her imo :lol:).

12 minutes ago, McDonna said:

You guys are being overly dramatic.  There were live musicians on Madame X.  And for the last many tours, the live bands before MADAME X Tour were taking a back seat more and more.  While I would be lying if I wish we'd get a live band like on The Girlie Show, I don't think the lack of a live band completely going to really diminish anything.  Live musicians will still appear, but like on many of her tours for the past 20 years, it's going to be reliant on backing track.  With Stuart on board, I am not worried. :)

Same here! For the past tours we had Kevin Antunes as musical director and now we got Stuart. That’s a huge improvement! Even without a full band I trust his work here.