Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

Honestly, from what i heard on the supposed snippet from the Burning up mashup, if this clip is real, it's gonna sound incredible. Ok there's no live band, at least not on most of the show, but they've used the original multitracks and this is just to die for. If it goes this way, strong chance i will change my mind and decide to buy a ticket.

21 minutes ago, xavier said:

221-F15-EA-A7-FC-4-EF0-8-B6-B-720-B4-C55

A guitarist no longer with us? Prince? Is she gonna turn it up heavy for Like A Prayer? I’ve been longing for her to do the album version of that song. 

It’s been a lot of fun speculating these last couple of days, and it’s hard to believe we will know everything is just over 48 hours! So jealous of those of you seeing it in London! Can’t wait to hear everything! As for the lack of a live band, I don’t think Stuart would reveal this without it having a significance in terms of the type of show we are getting! It sounds like pure theater…like a Broadway show hitting arenas around the world. I think that while it sounds a little jarring to hear about original stems being used for the soundtrack when we can’t imagine the scope of it all, this is going to be another truly revolutionary innovation of stagecraft and performance. I also think David and Mercy are accompanying her musically in the show.

1 hour ago, Redha DBL said:

The thing is i've searched and all i could see was vague info like the show is gonna be amazing, the lightening are gonna be great, expect the unexpected, some band members but not totally, "Music" has rehearsed but it could have been discared so not sure it's still on the show... All of that could be said by anyone. No real info. The only "Info" i could find was the "What am i gonna do" clue about the 70's song, wich means it's Barry White. We'll see on saturady then if she covers Barry White. Once again i'm not doubting you have some insiders info it's just that i don't find them on the forum. I see people begging you "give us more clues, gives us more clues" but i just don't find any post where you give real precise info that's why i'm asking. 

I don't have to prove anything to anybody, I'm not looking for validation so if you want to believe in any of my clues and hints, be my guest! :) 

p.s. it's not Barry White

Guys i really think the show will blow everyone's mind. I think it's gonna be a mix of a theatrical and musical biopic in a huge nightclub dancefloor as well as a fashion show of her legendary costumes with her hits mixed and mashed on a giant sound system. The show is gonna be a totally new experience, just like the Blond Ambition re-defined the codes of live pop concerts 33 years ago. 

3 hours ago, adirondak said:

Let's not forget he played guitar for her at a literal event to raise support for Hilary in 2016. He is clearly willing to put his personal beliefs aside for her, and I'm sure she's willing to work with him whether she agrees with all his beliefs. If most people could do that we'd have a lot better world right now. 

Come join the party, its a celebration...

6 hours ago, stefo said:

I've got one question and one huge request for you :cute:

The question is about the most important thing for me when it comes to her live shows (and I have to admit I'm sooo disappointed about the lack of live musicians presence on stage, for what it seems from the first article posted): does this mean that there won't be neither two or three "pure live sounding" tracks, like Rain, Why's it so hard, La isla in the Girlie Show or Burning up, Like a Prayer, Mother and father in the ReInvention tour? I mean just live instruments and live vocals.

EDIT: sorry you answered already to this question, while I was writing :lol:

The request is: please, when the tour will be started, will you tell us what you know about the songs considered, rehearsed and excluded from the main setlist? It's always so interesting to have infos about the creative process. Hope you will!

Pure live sounding tracks on this tour is a bit of a stretch unfortunately, as almost everything has been pre-recorded months ago (even the backing vocalists had their own studio session for the tour), but as I said it's a family affair so you can expect a 'special someone' to play the piano when it's needed, or... 'someone else' having their own DJ set, and that's not it.. but that's all I am going to say ! :rainbow:

About the tour exclusions, of course! I'll give into more details once the tour has kicked off. One Act (the one with Music) has been dropped completely before, during those final weeks before Manchester, so I'm curious to see if any of the tracks on it made it back to the setlist in some form, even though I doubt it.

8 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

Guys i really think the show will blow everyone's mind. I think it's gonna be a mix of a theatrical and musical biopic in a huge nightclub dancefloor as well as a fashion show of her legendary costumes with her hits mixed and mashed on a giant sound system. The show is gonna be a totally new experience, just like the Blond Ambition re-defined the codes the codes of the live pop concert 33 years ago. 

I think your right, Stuart has really upped the vibe

45 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

A guitarist no longer with us? Prince? Is she gonna turn it up heavy for Like A Prayer? I’ve been longing for her to do the album version of that song. 

It’s been a lot of fun speculating these last couple of days, and it’s hard to believe we will know everything is just over 48 hours! So jealous of those of you seeing it in London! Can’t wait to hear everything! As for the lack of a live band, I don’t think Stuart would reveal this without it having a significance in terms of the type of show we are getting! It sounds like pure theater…like a Broadway show hitting arenas around the world. I think that while it sounds a little jarring to hear about original stems being used for the soundtrack when we can’t imagine the scope of it all, this is going to be another truly revolutionary innovation of stagecraft and performance. I also think David and Mercy are accompanying her musically in the show.

Yes she did post a few months ago clips of David, mercy and the twins rehearsing with her so I figured they’d all be in the show in some capacity.

IMG-7179.jpg

6 hours ago, McDonna said:

Doesn't change the fact that he was a great guitar player and played a role in Madonna adding to her own show, as performer, by playing guitar herself.  There are some other artists who I am not favorable to their ideologies  or politics, but I still enjoy them as an artist.

Are you telling me that Monte Pittman no longer works with her? And that he is a COVID and vaccine denier? I had no idea. I've always ADORED Pittman. He made her play "A New Level" by Pantera, made her do fantastic things with the guitar. And he's a great guitarist; I like how he plays. What a shame.

Rosalía had no band on her last year's tout and it was one of the best concerts that I ever experienced. It was minimal, raw and effective, and her voice was 100% live.

There's a whole world of younger artists that experiment with new things and evolve, let's not pretend that this is what Madonna created, because she went to several different tours to see what's new and what she likes.

People pay a lot to see drag queens that lipsync songs that are not their own creations but still can deliver a good show, but can't stand that tecnology advanced and artists decide to have everything controlled by a laptop. It's still art and it had work behind.

I'm sure that I will prefer what Madonna and Stuart have created than the 'live' band that Kevin No-Tunes had since 2008 and getting worst every tour.

1 hour ago, Honey Little said:

Price is correct.

Also, the Madonna fan forums have been discussing cat 🐈 noises on Cherish and Who’s That Girl… I wonder if these were cats driving by or a cat in the room during a vocal take etc.

Pussy rules the world 😼

I doesn’t surprise me at all that she chose to bring back Stuart for this tour, considering that he has actually worked on the scrapped remastered career boxset for Madonna in 2003/4 as well as the Re-Invention Tour for which they tried out a SHIT TON of her catalogue before settling with the final setlist.

He was the best, most qualified and experienced man for this job. He has done an excellent job for everything he collabed on with M. His tour renditions, in particular are great. They keep the essence and elements of the original track while at the same time presenting them in a new light.

Nothing Really Matters being the opening song  or introduction ala The Beast Within also doesn’t surprise me. That song was heavily considered for the Re-Invention Tour's opening segment before being ultimately discarded. I also believe (NOTE: this is a speculation) they heavily considered Bad Girl on the RIT where Deeper And Deeper ended up being performed.

1. The Beast Within (video intro)

2. Vogue

3. Nothing Really Matters -> Swim -> Frozen

4. Nobody Knows Me (choreography inspired by scrapped NRM performance)

5. Express Yourself

6. American Life (Headcleanr Rock Mix)

7. Burning Up

8. Love Profusion (Headcleanr Rock Mix)

9. I’m So Stupid -> Dress You Up -> Material Girl

10. Hollywood (VMAs mix)

11. The Devil Wouldn't Recognise You -> Bad Girl was likely considered as well before finally settling with the ballad version of Deeper And Deeper.

12. Hanky Panky

13. Dress You Up -> Die Another Day

14. Take a Bow -> Lament

15. Bedtime Story (video interlude)

16. Like a Prayer

17. Don't Tell Me (promo tour version)

18. Mother and Father (promo tour version)

19. Live to Tell

20. Into the Groove (GAP version) OR Holiday

21. Music

22. Crazy for You

23. Die Another Day

Devil was later performed with Madonna signing on top of a piano. That concept/performance was likely lifted from its original idea for RIT which in turn would fit PERFECTLY for Bad Girl and/or Live To Tell which I could see as a medley like HBC/LDLHA.

We know the stage will include a black piano, so I think Madonna will reference the BAT/S&S performance of Sooner Or Later and Devil by performing Live To Tell / Bad Girl on that piano.

20 minutes ago, MPowered said:

I doesn’t surprise me at all that she chose to bring back Stuart for this tour, considering that he has actually worked on the scrapped remastered career boxset for Madonna in 2003/4 as well as the Re-Invention Tour for which they tried out a SHIT TON of her catalogue before settling with the final setlist.

He was the best, most qualified and experienced man for this job. He has done an excellent job for everything he collabed on with M. His tour renditions, in particular are great. They keep the essence and elements of the original track while at the same time presenting them in a new light.

Nothing Really Matters being the opening song  or introduction ala The Beast Within also doesn’t surprise me. That song was heavily considered for the Re-Invention Tour's opening segment before being ultimately discarded. I also believe (NOTE: this is a speculation) they heavily considered Bad Girl on the RIT where Deeper And Deeper ended up being performed.

1. The Beast Within (video intro)

2. Vogue

3. Nothing Really Matters -> Swim -> Frozen

4. Nobody Knows Me (choreography inspired by scrapped NRM performance)

5. Express Yourself

6. American Life (Headcleanr Rock Mix)

7. Burning Up

8. Love Profusion (Headcleanr Rock Mix)

9. I’m So Stupid -> Dress You Up -> Material Girl

10. Hollywood (VMAs mix)

11. The Devil Wouldn't Recognise You -> Bad Girl was likely considered as well before finally settling with the ballad version of Deeper And Deeper.

12. Hanky Panky

13. Dress You Up -> Die Another Day

14. Take a Bow -> Lament

15. Bedtime Story (video interlude)

16. Like a Prayer

17. Don't Tell Me (promo tour version)

18. Mother and Father (promo tour version)

19. Live to Tell

20. Into the Groove (GAP version) OR Holiday

21. Music

22. Crazy for You

23. Die Another Day

Devil was later performed with Madonna signing on top of a piano. That concept/performance was likely lifted from its original idea for RIT which in turn would fit PERFECTLY for Bad Girl and/or Live To Tell which I could see as a medley like HBC/LDLHA.

We know the stage will include a black piano, so I think Madonna will reference the BAT/S&S performance of Sooner Or Later and Devil by performing Live To Tell / Bad Girl on that piano.

Amazing into. Thank you.