Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

36 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

To be fair - “ live “ hasn’t been her thing since DWT - I mean most of her tours all I hear are backing tracks anyway - the musicians are just props if you ask me - when was the last time we heard real live drums on her shows ? It’s disappointing I think too but I just think she uses backing tracks as it’s easier and so do a lot of other artists who don’t have strong live vocals - the fact that Stuart is doing all the mixes Is the most exciting thing about this tour though - still love his bass line in the beast within from RIT - maybe they will work on a new album together 👍

I can't contain my excitement for Stuart Price's musical direction either, but I tend to agree with @steady75. It's a real shame.

As for what you're saying, I've always heard the live drums. During the Confessions Tour, they were prominent, especially in the rockier songs, and the same goes for DWT and RIT. The drummer really shone during the Sticky & Sweet Tour. I remember how incredible he was in the outro of Pantera's "Hung Up." Impressive, to say the least. The same goes for other songs. Even during MDNA and RHT, I could hear the drums in many songs, especially in the surprise songs during the RHT. It's the element that was missed the most during the Madame X Tour.

31 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

She had just posted this... I hope this is not one of the costume and hairdo cause it looks boring as hell...

Screenshot_20231012_142405.jpg

It almost looks like an outtake from the backdrop of Justify My Love from the MDNA Tour.
But it also looks like she has an electric guitar in her hand.

Just now, musicinferno said:

Isn't this from the Justify My Love backdrop from MDNA? 

I don't think so but the fact that people think it comes from this or that proves that this look has already been done and is nothing new or fresh. Looks boring as hell. If this the pic she has chosen to tease the tour and build excitement than it's the opposite for me.

I've been out of the loop for the last day or 2 and this news from Stuart is what my dream was for this tour. She can do an intimate show with a live band as her next adventure. I feel like she's about to blow my mind and put on the show I've dreamed of for 15 years. Shaking and crying tbh.

What's this business about a 70's cover/mashup? I went back several pages but couldn't find it. There are so many mashups that have been done over the years. "Vogue" with Chic "I Want Your Love". "Express Yourself" with Sister Sledge "We Are Family" immediately come to mind. And "Holiday" goes along with the whole "Get Together"/ Stardust "Music Sounds Better With You"/Chaka Khan "Fate"/ The Whispers "The Beat Goes On". 

Animated GIF

Just now, MPowered said:

The I Love New York snippet is so damn clever. It references her early career beginnings in NYC as part of a rock band.

I can also hear the clapping from GMAYL rather clearly. That would also make so much sense and work SO SO WELL.

"In another place at a different time, you could be my lucky star"

"Don't play that stupid game cause I'm a different kind of girl"

I’m expecting a rock medley with lots of snippets from other songs, similar to the Flamenco medley from RHT with Burning Up being the base:

Burning Up / GMAYL (with snippets from I Love New York, Over and Over & Gambler)

something like that

That Flamenco medley sucks, a rock medley would be perfect 

angry die another day GIF

2 minutes ago, pawn_shop_blues said:

20231012_145618.jpg

20231012_145616.jpg

Omg. Omg omg. PLEASE let all of this be true. If it is, this is shaping up to be Madonna’s best tour.

Admittedly, I was wondering if the slower songs would be turned into upbeat versions…wondering if the show is all club mixes.

5 minutes ago, MPowered said:

The I Love New York snippet is so damn clever. It references her early career beginnings in NYC as part of a rock band.

I can also hear the clapping from GMAYL rather clearly. That would also make so much sense and work SO SO WELL.

"In another place at a different time, you could be my lucky star"

"Don't play that stupid game cause I'm a different kind of girl"

I’m expecting a rock medley with lots of snippets from other songs, similar to the Flamenco medley from RHT with Burning Up being the base:

Burning Up / GMAYL (with snippets from I Love New York, Over and Over & Gambler)

something like that

Why are you getting excited ? DazeMadonna, which you said is a reliable insider said this medley is fake. 

1 minute ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Omg. Omg omg. PLEASE let all of this be true. If it is, this is shaping up to be Madonna’s best tour.

Admittedly, I was wondering if the slower songs would be turned into upbeat versions…wondering if the show is all club mixes.

Time to dust off that freestyle mix of "Promise To Try". We won.big ang television GIF by RealityTVGIFs

52 minutes ago, scion said:

I think I was correct.

I Want Your Love by Chic.

Excellent choice! I can see this mixed with several of her songs and it wouldn’t feel out of place. It's a very nice nod to Nile Rodgers too!

I also have a feeling that Bedtime Story may appear as a medley with either Erotica or Justify My Love. She doesn’t like performing the talking portions of the songs which is why she used them either as interludes as part of other songs (Candy Shop) or decided to incorporate more melodic portions of earlier versions into them (You Thrill Me).

6 hours ago, MPowered said:

He posted gifs from music videos of certain songs that would later be confirmed (so far without exceptions) by DrownedMadonna in their setlist hints.

It's really that easy.

Anyway, regarding the setlist: 

What Stuart says, is that there are 25 performance slots (the regular number for most tours by major artists). Included in these 25 slots are about 45 songs (in different forms such as medleys, mashups, snippets, interludes & transitions).

So, it’s exactly what I’ve been saying from the very beginning: There are going to be A LOT of medleys or shortened versions of songs.

I think it’s gonna be more like Where’s the Party in Music Inferno than medleys. 

7 minutes ago, Lorx said:

I had seen a list of songs she rehearsed at the end of May, and Get Together wasn't on it (other two COADF songs were present). If she performs Get Together, I can die happy.

Girl, you’ve seen the setlist and haven’t spilled about the remaining songs fans are asking about? 

Jesus Christ, can someone just confirm Like a Prayer and Express Yourself? :rip:

4 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

Why are you getting excited ? DazeMadonna, which you said is a reliable insider said this medley is fake. 

:Madonna007:
My god, why are you so pressed at them? He is literally just sharing things that are being confirmed by DrownedMadonna (usually a few hours later)?

EVEN IF that medley was fake, I have previously stated that I can see Burning Up as a medley with GMAYL along with snippets from other "rock songs". This snippet just reignited that idea and my initial guess.

10 minutes ago, Lorx said:

I had seen a list of songs she rehearsed at the end of May, and Get Together wasn't on it (other two COADF songs were present). If she performs Get Together, I can die happy.

Please just share the list of songs with us, so we can stop this madness. It’s two days before the tour and I can't with this vague shit anymore. 😭

4 minutes ago, adirondak said:

Ok stay home based on a blurry black and white pic then. 

Perfect cause for the moment i still haven't bought a ticket and i don't plan to do so, exept if the show blows my mind and my ears. So if plans don't change, i will stay home during the shows and i will have plenty of time to post about what i like and what i don't on this discussion board, and you will have the occasion to be pissed and post about it. See, eveyone's happy 😉😘

21 minutes ago, Lorx said:

I can't contain my excitement for Stuart Price's musical direction either, but I tend to agree with @steady75. It's a real shame.

As for what you're saying, I've always heard the live drums. During the Confessions Tour, they were prominent, especially in the rockier songs, and the same goes for DWT and RIT. The drummer really shone during the Sticky & Sweet Tour. I remember how incredible he was in the outro of Pantera's "Hung Up." Impressive, to say the least. The same goes for other songs. Even during MDNA and RHT, I could hear the drums in many songs, especially in the surprise songs during the RHT. It's the element that was missed the most during the Madame X Tour.

It almost looks like an outtake from the backdrop of Justify My Love from the MDNA Tour.
But it also looks like she has an electric guitar in her hand.

It's her leg :lol: And yes I think it's from Justify my love interlude

6 minutes ago, MPowered said:

:Madonna007:
He is literally just sharing things that are being confirmed by DrownedMadonna (usually a few hours later)?

I would have said it's the other way around... Oh well, we'll see on saturday if the Burning up medley is not part of the show, if she performs "I want your love" from Chic, if Hung Up is half the Tokischa version and with elements from the originsl version. At least there's always the "plans have changed at last minute" option 😂

As i said, if i was wrong and DazedMadonna has real insders info i will excuse myself to him publicly, i'm not of bad faith.