POPULAR

It’s the video we didn’t think we needed (at least several months after the song’s release) but wow, nice surprise. I’ll take her couch choreography anyday. I was surprised the song didn’t do as well initially in the US but I’m guessing the negative reviews of “The Idol” (wasn’t that bad IMO) and M getting sick didn’t help, momentum wise. I’m glad it’s getting attention bc anytime since last spring when I put it on a playlist friends would perk up and ask what it was. The sound really suits her; I don’t know if she needs to do an album around  it (a la Timbaland Timberlake) but the song sounds fresh to me nearly a year later.

37 minutes ago, sara94 said:

Manifesting that M15 will have the same vibe at least in terms of style / look. 

VideoCapture_20240216-155656.jpg

VideoCapture_20240216-155949.jpg

VideoCapture_20240216-155919.jpg

Also musically for me. I would be superhappy even just of a summer R'nB EP :heart: I love especially how she moves when it comes to black music, funk, soul, hip hop: Candy Shop, Express Yourself, Human Nature, Music, Holiday ... and now Popular! 

Unfortunately @Roland Barthes assured already no new music had been recorded in the recent years so it's just me dreaming  :Madonna041:

2 minutes ago, stefo said:

Unfortunately @Roland Barthes assured already no new music had been recorded in the recent years so it's just us dreaming

and what was she doing in the studio with Max Martin then ?

she just proved that she can surprise everyone with this video so... dreaming is good :kissy:

14 minutes ago, mouse said:

and what was she doing in the studio with Max Martin then ?

Not only with him. There were many posts about working in the studio. And in a Q&A on Instagram, she said she's 'dying' to make music. And there's some back and forward with the woman who was also in the video, and M said that she's been doing a bit of remixes and a bit of new things, but she wants to do more. I think that video was in January 2022.

4 hours ago, Andreo said:

YouTube died 5 years ago, artists make no profits from it and views dont even help the popularity of their songs anymore. 

This couldn't be more far from the truth. (Except from the profit part, that's s**t then and now, yes).

A YouTube video release will help the song on the charts. A Fortnite exclusive is just helping their wallets. Both important, I guess.

1 hour ago, Salida said:

Not only with him. There were many posts about working in the studio. And in a Q&A on Instagram, she said she's 'dying' to make music. And there's some back and forward with the woman who was also in the video, and M said that she's been doing a bit of remixes and a bit of new things, but she wants to do more. I think that video was in January 2022.

we hope .......

we are "dying" for new music too......

5 hours ago, stefo said:

Also musically for me. I would be superhappy even just of a summer R'nB EP :heart: I love especially how she moves when it comes to black music, funk, soul, hip hop: Candy Shop, Express Yourself, Human Nature, Music, Holiday ... and now Popular! 

Unfortunately @Roland Barthes assured already no new music had been recorded in the recent years so it's just me dreaming  :Madonna041:

You quoted the wrong person, i've never said that.

I believe at least she has recorded some stuff with Honey Dijon because Honey Dijon mentionned it while promoting her last album. 

This is the ride I wish Madonna would take musicwise. This song has a GREAT beat, lyrics and she looks extremely hot in the video, still provocative, and yet she doesn't seem desperate as she did with Tokischa and that Gworllll remixes. She's absolutely great and in my opinion she could learn a little from The Weeknd.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic