Bacterial Infection Thread

deathproof

9 hours ago, Honey Little said:

I am only flying first class or other fully refundable fares in the future as well as with hotels. Fully refundable or nothing. Tired of falling for cheap fares and cheap hotel rates that are non-refundable or only partially. Say “yes” to living a better life.

Just getting home from work. I learned this lesson after MX, so for this one I am able to be a bit more level headed about the whole situation. I live where not a lot of artists tour, and have had a number of concerts cancelled before, and this is my main recommendation for anyone travelling to see any artist. 

You know this whole thing is kind of mental. Just finished writing the script on her autobiographical film. Just curated anniversary editions of her catalogue for the first time. Just had her first top 20 in years. Just broke her streaming numbers. Just about to go on her first greatest hits tour with no current album. 

Maybe there’s a reason she isn’t a greatest hits type of girl. She’s superstitious. I wonder if she feels some kind of way about all of this timings wise. 

It’s too timely. Thank god she’s ok. 

9 minutes ago, steady75 said:

You know this whole thing is kind of mental. Just finished writing the script on her autobiographical film. Just curated anniversary editions of her catalogue for the first time. Just had her first top 20 in years. Just broke her streaming numbers. Just about to go on her first greatest hits tour with no current album. 

Maybe there’s a reason she isn’t a greatest hits type of girl. She’s superstitious. I wonder if she feels some kind of way about all of this timings wise. 

It’s too timely. Thank god she’s ok. 

She's never been good at "living in the past", as she says.

Somehow her power and strength have been in always moving forward and looking back only for a second. It's like she was always detached from old versions of herself as soon as they were "over". When she started looking back properly (self referencing herself a lot in her work, like in the "Rebel Heart" album) is when things started to go wrong for her.

Cancel the reissues, the tour, the biopic and do a whole new album, mama! :smile:

Joking, of course. :heart: Hope we can have good news soon. She doesn't owe us anything, but a simple Instagram post from her would be very soothing.

1 hour ago, EgoRod said:

a bacterial infection kicks you hard and can get into your blood stream quickly. Making you feverish and weak. But it can be treated and clear fast, just needing some days to rest.

She has been exercising and rehearsing I'm sure she will get back in form easily.

For those talking rubbish about dancers from the streets bringing disease, shame on you. Being ignorant and  bigots

Somebody said that ???? (i did not read all the posts)

Wow.

Brings back terrifying memories of the aids peak.

2 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

I wonder if we will get an update today or is it too soon? Just be nice to know she is ok

I think maybe tomorrow, or Monday... today is a day for spreading the news and preparing people for the announcement of the reschedule, or any other update about her health. 

Just now, nito84bcn said:

I think maybe tomorrow, or Monday... today is a day for spreading the news and preparing people for the announcement of the reschedule... 

I would Imagine rescheduling will take a lot of time all depends on whether venues are available and whether it corresponds to the tour itinerary 

11 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

I would Imagine rescheduling will take a lot of time all depends on whether venues are available and whether it corresponds to the tour itinerary 

Probably they will reschedule the first 16 dates and make the debut with NY dates for America. For the cancelled dates they could reschedule after Mexico in February 2024

33 minutes ago, Mden said:

Was afraid to post this earlier. Thank you. We need some laughs. 

Any positive post that shouts M on to fight and kick it's ass is good with me. 

We're all worried but hand ringing will only get you so far. You gotta put good vibes out into the ether.

If I was watching encouraging memes of myself from my hospital bed I'd be liking and sharing. You gotta live in the up!

3 minutes ago, Matte88 said:

Probably they will reschedule the first 16 dates and make the debut with NY dates for America. For the cancelled dates they could reschedule after Mexico in February 2024

We don't know how seriously ill she is even the NY dates seem too soon I think there is a strong possibility the US leg will be put back to next year and Europe becomes the opener, that's 4 months for healing and rehearsals to continue 

1 minute ago, MattyMads said:

We don't know how seriously ill she is even the NY dates seem too soon I think there is a strong possibility the US leg will be put back to next year and Europe becomes the opener, that's 4 months for healing and rehearsals to continue 

Yeah I think so too. This is opening in London in October14th. I just don't understand why at her age they are not doing one night at Wembley stadium rather than five nights at the 02. I know arenas are better for a standard show but for a greatest hits show Stadiums would be such a flex. 

2 hours ago, Honey Little said:

Remember she often hires dancers that live in the streets and are homeless or squatting like she did in the first few years in New York. So who knows what kind of bacteria they bring into the rehearsal studio.

2 hours ago, Ayham said:

Dancers coming from different places and her immunity is a bit weak. She better revise the whole situation after she gets better! 🙏🏼

I don't know if you realise what you have written, and i believe you cannot mean it seriously, or i hope so. This is really, really mean on all levels. 

25 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

Well yes, i supposed about Guy Oseary’s message about “first dates”, but probably Europe will be the debut for the tour and february 2024 the new America and Canada dates.

13 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

I don't know if you realise what you have written, and i believe you cannot mean it seriously, or i hope so. This is really, really mean on all levels. 

I actually didn’t read their full statement… I strongly disagree with the first phase!

However I do agree it can be caught during the rehearsals from food or dirty stuff. It’s a fact! 

• RUADJAI changed the title to Bacterial Infection Thread
  • Jackie locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic