Favorite Song from First Album: MADONNA?

Donna

Favorite Debut 'MADONNA' Album Song?   

114 members voted

1. 1. What is your Favorite song from the First Album?

Ugh this was so hard lol. I stared at Physical Attraction and Lucky Star for a solid minute. Went w/the former bc it’s the extended mix of the latter that I love a little more than the av. Everybody too. And Burning Up. All of it really! Even my least fav I Know It isn’t completely insufferable.

I really do hope they have *something* planned for this anniversary. Even if it gets delayed slightly. I feel like the mythology so to speak around this album has only grown over the years. Generally speaking it seems to be the most beloved or highly regarded of her first three. The retrospective reviews and analyses have only got more positive over the years. Digitally it appears to be the highest seller of her pre-digital studio albums according to itunes.

Guy had already changed his insta profile pic to this cover before the news broke so hopefully that means something!

Edited by MikeyK (see edit history)

2 hours ago, MikeyK said:

Ugh this was so hard lol. I stared at Physical Attraction and Lucky Star for a solid minute. Went w/the former bc it’s the extended mix of the latter that I love a little more than the av. Everybody too. And Burning Up. All of it really! Even my least fav I Know It isn’t completely insufferable.

I really do hope they have *something* planned for this anniversary. Even if it gets delayed slightly. I feel like the mythology so to speak around this album has only grown over the years. Generally speaking it seems to be the most beloved or highly regarded of her first three. The retrospective reviews and analyses have only got more positive over the years. Digitally it appears to be the highest seller of her pre-digital studio albums according to itunes.

Guy had already changed his insta profile pic to this cover before the news broke so hopefully that means something!

I totally get you because while I picked "Burning Up", there is so many other great songs.  Though for some reason I've always gravitated to "Burning Up" on this album.  I totally love for her to do a rock oriented albums with more guitars.  I love the few songs she's done that have some element of rock.  Though she has expressed no interest.

While I expected something sooner (and bigger) regarding the celebration of this album, it's possible they may be waiting for the actual anniversary date before announcing anything.  If not, they are foolish!  I'd think re-issuing this album and offering an expansive deluxe version by this time would be greatly timing.  Especially with the sort of tour, she's soon to embark on.  I can't see why the postponements of the tour should keep a re-issue expansive set from happening.  And I'd think with her unfortunate health scare, it might be more welcoming to release such.  I guess we'll see though.  I'm still holding on to some hope that this anniversary and album is the best way to kick off the deluxe re-issues of landmark albums.

6 hours ago, michel.kettermann said:

Borderline, but the video version. The album version I personally dislike the "keep on pushing me baby, don't you know you drive me crazy" and "look what your love has done to me, come on baby set me free" parts. 

It took years for me to appreciate Borderline for the classic it is. In the early days, I always skipped it and thought it was boring.  Back then, I waa surprised how it even became her first top 10 when I thought there were far better tracks on the album. I love it now!!