The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

I get so emotional seeing the show 😥

She was, is and will be the most inspiring artist in my eyes.

I’ve come to terms with her growing older, as one does with their parents, it’s is a difficult process but we go through together with love

The show is fantastic, I agree that the flow will come together as the show progresses, I wasn't going to see anything but I caved in and I’m very happy and excited about following this until my shows six months down the road  

QUEEN MOTHER MADONNA, I love you always and forever 🤍🤍🤍🤍

5 hours ago, Lucas B. said:

I really hope she adds a few more dates and bring the tour to Brazil, I need to see her live (as I was underage by the time of Sticky and MDNA I wasn't able to go to the shows since my parents thought it was a waste of money).

I was thinking of seeing her in Lisbon or some other place, but that's seems very unlikely due to work and I'm almost sure they wouldn't give me 3 days off (especially due to the fact i'm the only one on the night shift)

Can you consider catching one of her forthcoming North American shows? It is much closer from you in Brazil than Lisbon (or Europe for that matter). She will also play Mexico City — even closer and no jet lag whatsoever.

I hope you will be able to make it, amigo!

Whoever is the musical director did a bad job. So many hits to choose yet they couldn't figure out how to create seques that make sense. Performing halfs of songs. Interpolating 5 songs into 1. I may have gotten my standards too high with Mylene Farmer on how to do a cohesive show. The Bob is pointless too. The show entry could have been massive, but looks watered down and cut short.

At least she looks good and sounds ok.

4 minutes ago, natalis said:

Whoever is the musical director did a bad job. So many hits to choose yet they couldn't figure out how to create seques that make sense. Performing halfs of songs. Interpolating 5 songs into 1. I may have gotten my standards too high with Mylene Farmer on how to do a cohesive show. The Bob is pointless too. The show entry could have been massive, but looks watered down and cut short.

At least she looks good and sounds ok.

Where you there?  Or is this your opinion from the low quality streams?  I am honestly asking.  

Just now, bedtimestory said:

If I could change anything from the show it will be deleting Bob drag queen, and better costumes, some are ok, but there are some thatr are waaay to simple.

I would also delete him, but I'm very happy with the simpler costumes. I was a bit tired of seeing Madonna wearing those extremely layered costumes in shows, like the opening ones for the Rebel Heart and Madame X Tours

Yeah I keep getting emotional watching the streams.

I think Stuart did miss on a couple of things. When songs missed the bridge they loose the climax of the song. Like...always cut a verse and never the bridge. I have no issue truncating songs really but a song without a bridge feels a little monotonous..you need the break. Rain especially needs that big moment and the speaky bit is iconic and could have been a moment for her to  breathe as it plays on the bog screen behind her. 

Minor gripe but were picking hairs here it was brilliant and will only get better*

When she adds Music & Express Yourself to the end section

1 hour ago, Pedro Beltran said:

I get so emotional seeing the show 😥

She was, is and will be the most inspiring artist in my eyes.

I’ve come to terms with her growing older, as one does with their parents, it’s is a difficult process but we go through together with love

The show is fantastic, I agree that the flow will come together as the show progresses, I wasn't going to see anything but I caved in and I’m very happy and excited about following this until my shows six months down the road  

QUEEN MOTHER MADONNA, I love you always and forever 🤍🤍🤍🤍

You said it so well. Whole heart agree with you.

The Grams podcast morning show does a great recap of the show.   For me, who only saw it through a poor stream, these two really put it in perspective visually for me.  There seems to been so much going on that I didn't get to see, so it isn't fair of me to critique the show in anyway.  I think part of me felt a bit underwhelmed, but the frustration for me was the guy streaming the show. The first part of the show he kept filming the ceiling.  Then again, if that was me trying to stream the show, my camera would be all over the place as well.  Having time to now reflect on it, for what I saw, heard and experienced, it definitely was a great show representing her career.  Sure, there probably are a few other songs I rather have seen represented in the show, but I also enjoyed what I saw and heard as well.  I do think vocally, she relied heavily on backing tracks, but what I could hear of her voice she sounded great.  Bad Girl definitely was nice to hear and she sounded so wonderful on it. So sweet to see Mercy playing the piano. Mother and Father seemed out of place for such a show, but it was still awesome to see her and David pay respects to their own mums.  After all Madonna's mom does play a huge role in who Madonna became and the path she chosen.

The technical issue turned out to be a treat for those attending and watching because it gave Madonna a chance to talk about her career more than she probably was anticipating. I thought she and Bob filled that time quite nicely.  It's almost as if it was all planned that way.  Because we know how she loves to tell her stories and anecdotes on the last few tours.  LOL!

I can't wait to see it properly.  I also can't wait to see how she puts this together as a concert film, which I'm sure she will.  It'll be a year or two before that comes to light, but meanwhile I'll be curious as the tour continues if any or what changes will take place.  I give her props for getting on stage at a respectable time.  So far, most reviews from people and fans who went, they really enjoyed the show. 

Will she have hiccups along the way?  Probably.  I don't expect her to be as agile and physical as she's been on past tours. Cancellations could happen due to health or technical issues. Though, I'm betting she and her team will be doing their darnedest to keep the tour going with very few cancellations and lateness.  Over all, the first show seemed to be very well accepted and that's great.  She needs this win regarding touring since her last one just ended up being a huge cluster fuck of lateness and cancellations.

This is already on her top 5 tour segments. Just brilliant.
Her laying down on the bed with "herself" and the performance of Justify My Love is so moving. It really captures how she must have felt during the early 90s when she kept going while everybody was trying to shame and discard her and how sex for her is a weapon of healing and defiance.

5 minutes ago, ErickInTheZone said:

Wasn't there a rumor she was going to performance a non-single from Rebel Heart?

Yes, there were claims she was going to do Hold Tight.  Some insist, she rehearsed it and along with a few other songs would be part of the show.  Whatever the case, those songs didn't come to life in this first show, so we'll have to see if they will in later shows.  Otherwise, somewhere along the rehearsals, she decided against in performing them.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)