The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

It's such a pitty because tonight's show was going so well. I wish she'd just start earlier, other artists do this; start at 8 and give people the intended vision. It's an evening show, if there's technical things to work out, that's what the many hours leading up to it are for.

I feel if she needs to have a Madame X-esque truncated version of the show; she should at least replace Rain with Power of Goodbye or Take a Bow, so people get a little bit of closure ;p

So I guess we'll only know the true ending of the concert once she leaves the UK. Yesterday the show ended about the same time and that could explain why it was so abrupt... Perhaps we can get a proper Celebration/Music mashup on the next venues...

I seem to remember Rebel Heart finishing with Material Girl there.

3 minutes ago, ron92 said:

This curfew thing is really s**t. Ok she could start the show earlier but she was only a little late, and people have pay a lot of money too se the show. A live concert is always unpredictable, in other countries they add more runs for the bus or other public transport not shut everything off.

They know the rules in each venue, its worse when there is none she comes on as late as she wants. The final RHT l attended was an absolute shocker and despite the apologists its totally unprofessional and rude.

2 minutes ago, stefo said:

Apparently she could switch to Frozen in the future nights. Nobody knows of course, but she rehearsed both and originally Frozen was the track after Ray of light. That's why we still have the Frozen video background. It's still a way to mention the track and I think it is not a bad association (but Rain is one of my favourite tracks). Anyway, she could still use Frozen sooner or later (hope not :lol:)

Also, the concept of the show is to feature her hits beyond her just singing them.  So showing visuals to Frozen pays homage to the song.  But I agree, it definitely sets that section up for an easy switch of songs if she chooses to do so.  She may do that in future shows.  Honestly though, I like that it's Rain.  She's performed Frozen so many times, it's nice to hear Rain.

1 minute ago, ScottyX said:

all in all my Madonna was amazing tonight. It really gave me a feeling of she will get more and more into it as she goes.  You could see she was tired by Ray of Light, the headbanging was more like headbumping just to make the wig move. I love her so much

I agree.  The only complaint is the lackuster ended and that would have happened if it ended at Rain or Bitch, I'm Madonna/Celebration.  It's not a huge deal or loss.  The only people who really will be complaining are those who just like to complain about everything.  It's not like she didn't put on a two hour show.  No set list was promised.  And there are plenty of artists who alter setlists alot throughout their tours.  Rain was still an epic song to hear and may not been an high energy ending that she deserves, but it's a pretty epic performance to end on.

3 minutes ago, cyberrage said:

They know the rules in each venue, its worse when there is none she comes on as late as she wants. The final RHT l attended was an absolute shocker and despite the apologists its totally unprofessional and rude.

Yea nothing was worse than her coming on at like midnight on a weekday for the Madame X Tour. Like ma’am I have to get up at 6am for work

6 minutes ago, felipe929 said:

So I guess we'll only know the true ending of the concert once she leaves the UK. Yesterday the show ended about the same time and that could explain why it was so abrupt... Perhaps we can get a proper Celebration/Music mashup on the next venues...

I seem to remember Rebel Heart finishing with Material Girl there.

yes, that would be true!

I was hoping for at least the first hand of shows to be performed on time but here we are... gonna give her the benefit of the doubt because maybe it was really technicals issues that made her start a little late, but, Jesus.... Is it that hard to start the show 30min earlier?

Let's pray this time she won't pull out another MDNA Chile disaster starting the show with Erotica, or ending it with Argentina... 
awkward queen of pop GIF

4 minutes ago, cyberrage said:

Attended RH in Manchester and there they had technical difficulties which led to a late start of the show and the finale being cut out as well…I was super sad at the time and will never ever go to a Madonna concert in the UK again… I don’t think it’ll be any different for the remaining nights in the UK…

I doubt that she chooses to go on late. There’s another problem. The idea that anyone thinks she’s just sitting around deciding whether or not to finish her Perrier before hitting the stage is just ridiculous! It’s a giant production that moves from venue to venue regularly. The more technology used, the more likely it is that things will go wrong. That’s not on Madonna. She isn’t responsible for the entire evolution of culture (I know…how dare I? 😂 In some ways she is!)

It is unfortunate that there are these curfews in place in that country, but you’re not allowed to demonstrate either. This is an issue for your MPs! 😉

This is so unfortunate. I feel for the poor fans that paid a fortune for this and didn't even get the full show.

I think if it came down to her needing to pay a fine to run late, then she should have just done that. I know it was allegedly out of her hands with the camera issues, but still. Pay up so that your fans can have the whole experience.

25 minutes ago, milotjuh said:

I checked the O2 website, and there is a 11pm curfew. I think that also explains all the publics transport messages during Bedtime Story. Well.. aside from her fixing the encore by....not doing it at all:kiss2: ..the show went great!!

11pm!?  How early!  I remember how during the Madame X Tour the London Palladium would lower their iron curtain on her, too.  Curfews on indoor venues are kind of an odd concept.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)