The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

Just now, DiegoLCL said:

I noticed that depending on where the person was recording the show you can hear the backing vocals louder than her mic and in others places you hear more of her live vocal. These recordings never capture the real thing, I'm sure it sounds 100% better when you're there.

Always the case.

1 minute ago, DiegoLCL said:

I noticed that depending on where the person was recording the show you can hear the backing vocals louder than her mic and in others places you hear more of her live vocal. These recordings never capture the real thing, I'm sure it sounds 100% better when you're there.

This! Thats why I watch video's on tiktok, lots of up close video's with clear loud live vocals. And she looks great 

12 minutes ago, scion said:

AllAboutMadonna have a video on Facebook of Rain last night and she's actually quite flat in a few places, and additionally a slight mess up on the lyrics. Again proving that Madge is singing live!!!

Like this one 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGJT5F8GL/

Love it

5 minutes ago, DiegoLCL said:

Yes that’s right. The microphone of every smartphone is different and use a different algorithm for cut some frequencies. 

48 minutes ago, Leandro Gomes said:

After watching many videos of the show, I can definitely say that I loved it. However, it’s not perfect and could be much better with some tweaks, in my opinion.

Main issues: the narrative is not always clear, there are some very anticlimactic moments (Papa Don’t Preach, Human Nature, Crazy For You, La Isla Bonita), The Beast Within interlude (again???!!!) and the closure.

I agree, this is a clunky part of the show when The Beast Within pops out of nowhere between the 90s sex era and the tex/mex motherhood section. I think she should've done maybe a heavily reinvented version of Secret instead of The Beast Within, keeping the same weird religious stuff.

10 hours ago, Lorx said:

Same. I love Rain, but on this tour I would have preferred she didn't sing it. It's a flat version. Without the bridge, the song loses meaning.

Maybe Nikki and Donna will join her on a US gig and redeem it :smile:, it needs harmonies. POG would work better live if its just her lost in the NY stage. We don't need another frozen at this stage

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but did we get an official reason why she ended with Rain last night (2nd show?).  I know many speculated it was due to curfew or some camera issue, but has anything been officially stated??

And thank you to all the wonderful members posting all the footage from the concerts.  It's so great to see so many different perspectives, different angles, etc.  Over all, the show is really great.

1 hour ago, DiegoLCL said:

At this point, I'd like to know an opinion from somebody who was there

6 hours ago, MPowered said:

Human Nature was absolutely pointless in that segment to be honest. I find it so strange to hear her sing Crazy For You to her Dominatrix self.

Maybe she wants to talk about how obsessed she is with Human Nature. 💀😂

I liked that angle, loving the younger self who copped a lot of shit at that time for SEX.

Better than the boxing section which l think was trying to show Madonna fighting against the world at that time but feels like an idea backfilled with meaning, someone wanted boxing in there :smile: . Love getting the song live but the theme does not work there.

Madonna must be cursing herself for opening at a curfew venue. Be very interesting to see how it flows without that restriction.

1 hour ago, cyberrage said:

Maybe Nikki and Donna will join her on a US gig and redeem it :smile:, it needs harmonies. POG would work better live if its just her lost in the NY stage. We don't need another frozen at this stage

That would be a dream.

I don't think it's going to happen.

Frozen RIT version would be AMAZING. I don't like Rain here: no harmonies and no bridge, it's boring. It makes me sad.

I-D Magazine did a very good article about The Girlie Show:

As her Celebration Tour launches in London, we look back at Madonna's 1993 dark and inventive concoction of interwar burlesque.

https://i-d.vice.com/en/article/n7eqgq/madonna-girlie-show-queer-utopia

I loved the last paragraph:

‘Queerbaiting’, a term thrown around increasingly in the 2020s to describe LGBTQ-adjacent but apparently straight celebrities, makes sense in the context of faceless executives selling TV shows. The accusation loses its potency when applied to personalities who know the bends and brooks of gay culture of their own accord, and intimately enough to frolic around in them. This knowledge becomes more impressive the further we move from the public health crisis of the 80s and early 90s, leaving the canon behind in a brave new world of queer politics that does not always acknowledge its precursor. With the Girlie Tour, Madonna wasn’t so much using these drips of subtext to sell albums and concert tickets as she was to make a profound and prescient statement about gay culture itself — its all-encroaching existence, and its slow decline during a period of political neglect and tragedy. It was her extraordinary visual and historical literacy — the greatest of any popstar - that allowed her to do so.

2 hours ago, Phil Corcoran said:

Do we know if there will be a tour program. The woman at the counter of the pop up shop told me they didn’t do one. Can anyone confirm this? 

I was told the same,  that they haven't made one,  and that it's not a common thing anymore for any artist..  :(

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)