The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

37 minutes ago, konfideinmenow said:

I'm not sure that's it. She's an old lady who was mostly dead a few months ago and on a breathing tube!  You don’t have to love it!!!!  Her neck is missing three or four inches of its former length. Her shoulders are up, back hunched, it happens. She’s an elderly lady, let’s all cut her some slack. Let's also give each other some grace especially those who are just being honest about their concerns and what they are seeing. It doesn’t make them not fans. To me she seems about 40% of her all time best and like 80% of her recent best. From here on out, this is the best it will get; the next tour will show even more slow down. It's natural. Why don’t we all try to enjoy the art she’s given us and share those soundboards and pro shots, after all M would want it that way. 

But for an "old lady " ( your words) she sounded good to me. Even with the backing tracks on some songs you can clearly hear her sounding fine...

31 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

What are you talking about? She sounds pretty good to me, and yes there are backing tracks on songs and backing vocals ( wich is completly normal) but she is singing live over them and i think she sounds good. 

To me she was quite nice and looking Great !

1 hour ago, DiegoLCL said:

I'm not saying this to anyone specific here but I just saw another comment about how the little skit with Bob before Holiday brings down the show and takes too long and I went to check and it doesn't take more than 3 minutes!

I think what they mean by "long" is that it drags. It's a bit confusing with the talking over each other and it's just not funny.

58 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

WHAT? She easily performed better than Madame X and potentially even Rebel Heart. 

You can't seriously believe that :Madonna034:

I have to say I love how every show has had a full recording so far! I've noticed Open Your Heart and Hung Up are probably the biggest crowd pleasers of the show, everyone goes insane when they start and throughout the performances! Maybe Into the Groove would have that same effect, I don't know why she would do the Gap version that puts everyone off in the chorus.

3 hours ago, clkelley39 said:

I often question if the people in this forum are actually Madonna fans. Then I remember the reason they criticize her so much is because they don't like themselves. Then I get sad because a lot of us gay men are like that. Then I usually will get a snack. (That last part's pretty unrelated, I guess.)

You summed it up perfectly. I think it's true for women as well that criticise her, they seem something in themselves the either dont like or are afraid of. I remember an old interview on the radio with Madonna back in 1994 where she said she's the whipping boy and it's really true. There's so much projected on her by people who are afraid and don't like what they see in themselves.

29 minutes ago, Winn said:

People in the nosebleed sections have no idea what's going on in that part. It instantly makes the show messy imo

I couldn't make out much of what was being said but it quickly became obvious she was trying to gain access to the club and some of her friends from the era were there, it's not that confusing.

6 minutes ago, Debord said:

I couldn't make out much of what was being said but it quickly became obvious she was trying to gain access to the club and some of her friends from the era were there, it's not that confusing.

Watching my nosebleed live feed on opening night I didn't know what was going on. Watching  it live and up  front I'd be mesmerized though lol.

3 hours ago, konfideinmenow said:

I'm not sure that's it. She's an old lady who was mostly dead a few months ago and on a breathing tube!  You don’t have to love it!!!!  Her neck is missing three or four inches of its former length. Her shoulders are up, back hunched, it happens. She’s an elderly lady, let’s all cut her some slack. Let's also give each other some grace especially those who are just being honest about their concerns and what they are seeing. It doesn’t make them not fans. To me she seems about 40% of her all time best and like 80% of her recent best. From here on out, this is the best it will get; the next tour will show even more slow down. It's natural. Why don’t we all try to enjoy the art she’s given us and share those soundboards and pro shots, after all M would want it that way. 

@Honey LittleI guess this answers why I am being the most silent about commenting on Celebration Tour, I could give some answer to him in the vein of what Roland Barthes did (ofc trying a different approach since I stan Kylie and as much as I respect M, I respect her too), I guess the level of talking we are taking here doesn't allow me to express myself, as I told you, I left socials for a reason. There's a way to express, the choice of words, and, most of all, the compromise with being direct and elegant. Calling M an "elderly woman," despite not being a complete lie, is something a M stan would never use as an argument for anything. There's something called RESPECT. Sometimes it's better to keep the motherfvcker shut up than say something only to worsen the debate. There was a time I was engaged to savagery, but time has only proven me how wrong I was. Sorry confideinmenow, but everyone can do better, I know you weren't insultating M in your heart but there are better ways to say something to current M is flawed. Especially because her stamina and willpower are still intact, no matter how much she ages. You all can call me pedantist or illuded, but I don't see any "elderly woman" doing what M's doing on this tour. This situation only emphasizes M's own quote displayed on I Don't Search I Find, "to age is a sin."

Btw, to answer DiegoLCL's words as they follow,

3 hours ago, DiegoLCL said:

I'm not saying this to anyone specific here but I just saw another comment about how the little skit with Bob before Holiday brings down the show and takes too long and I went to check and it doesn't take more than 3 minutes!

We are living in a world where people suffer from attention span and if things are not clear, direct and quick they are quickly seen as bad. There's no way a show can be built like this. I sometimes wonder how people would react to the long banter of Blond Ambition and Girlie Show today... This technological world, and here I also include myself as guilty, where everyone is able to edit, modify and reimagine things as they are happening makes us fail to appreciate the artist's vision and appreciate things for what they are.

The show has 7 hits from the 80s in a row in versions extremely close to the originals, not counting those from the 90s and 00s that come later during the show and even so, there are people saying that she didn't think about the general public when doing the show. It's not her fault that the people who decided to leave the house and go to the show expect her to act like an artist that she never was and never will be. It's been 40 years, if people still don't know what Madonna has to offer, again, that's not her problem or her fault.

I saw a lot of people wanting Frozen instead of Rain and like, the songs are literal opposites in their meaning. Everything that Madonna puts on her shows has a reason, no matter how much we like or dislike a song choice, let's take some time to at least understand the reason for her choices and respect her as an artist with a vision, especially in a day and age where there are very few of these in the mainstream pop music.

If in the past Blond Ambition managed to be iconic and reinvent what is expected of a show with a Dick Tracy segment, and the Girlie Show is still revered in the fandom today, having that version of Like a Virgin and I'm Going Bananas, I think we are capable of overcoming something that we personally don't love in this great show without making it the end of the world and the end of Madonna's redemption as a touring force.

This is a woman who has done it all and is still giving it all at 65 years of age and 40 years of career, we probably won't be seeing anybody doing like her again. Let's be nice and grateful, it doesn't cost anything.

My only personal complaint about anything on this tour was to her choosing doing a cover, rather than using her selfpenned song, "You'll See," to express her driven desire to keep being alive for her children. But I also understand "I Will Survive" is a natural motto to this mindset as "Imagine" or "La vie en rose" to M's purposes for the tours these covers appeared. No matter if Shirley Bassey or Susan Boyle covered You'll See, I Will Survive will remain forever the anthem that it is. Actually now I praise M for recognizing once again the crucial importance of disco music in her input. Gloria Gaynor always deserves her flowers here and there, she's a sweetheart in many levels.

Other than that, no complaining from me. Even have applauded her choice of using The Beast Within the way it features on tour, while I was sort of crucified here for defending such an important song (more than a mere remix, a song in its full right to be one) to M herself and such a politic testament that since 96 CE has come to make people think about the danger of idolizing evil things, more than simply putting fear to naive Christians, these words from a time where the governant was dictating who should keep living and who should not based in his own tastes and ideas find echo to this date and forever will do while there's exploitation of the humanity by a small group of people.

Again, to me to be a M stan is not merely to love looks or anything external, but essentially the message she has always delivered. Angels = messengers, by ethymology, so the Good comes with the communication.

5 hours ago, clkelley39 said:

I often question if the people in this forum are actually Madonna fans. Then I remember the reason they criticize her so much is because they don't like themselves. Then I get sad because a lot of us gay men are like that. Then I usually will get a snack. (That last part's pretty unrelated, I guess.)

Hmm, yes, indeed. What snack tho?

1 hour ago, missberic said:

She looks so cute, I can't even :om:

1163664333_Semttulo.thumb.jpg.a0bd60f2a22e88a8fd99d980b86afde8.jpg

Only 4 shows were already done and this is by far the best M tour ever (much probably the best tour of any performer ever). I wasn't giving any cents to it until @Dazedmadonnaand Giampiero came and day by day they'd made me give a huge smile like this one by the Queen herself. So lucky to be a Gnostic soul right now, having such a testament like this developped to the masses who unfortunately can react to it as they feel like. Long life to the Queen, long life to the Celebration Tour!!! And please, Warner Home Video, a Blu-ray/4K of this NEEDS TO BE DONE!!!!

6 hours ago, clkelley39 said:

I used to be very critical to M even here in my previous incarnations (hence I earned a fame as M hater and internet troll to some), but, let's say something in my defense, the M's timeframe I was criticizing by then was arguably her worst (MDNA era), and honestly I believe she agrees with me about such thing. I don't hate myself while being a critical to M (well I admit a little selfhate but this is natural to the rebel hearts who are never satisfied, trying to fit in but never been, anyway), but I know how M's getting a very harsh feedback from her remanescent fambase. And I love this hate. Why? Because it's a hate based in their unability to understand her. And nothing's so good to our minds than being hated for being misunderstood. That implies we are in the right road - the less traveled by. No wonder Rebel Heart fully redeemed M to me. I felt her self again, not anymore a silly contender to some singer labelled as "M wannabe." Rebel Heart was her being the REAL unapologetic bitch instead of the poor "lady" who got trapped in the web of media, GP, critics and fellow artists that decided that she was finally surpassed so. To me, this album will have always a special place in my heart. It even prepared me for the fadista saudosista called Madame X (btw honestly Faz Gostoso will remain forever my favourite MX track, with Extreme Occident coming right after.)

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic