The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

On 2/25/2024 at 2:42 AM, GregVsMatt said:

I liked the blue corset. It's nice she was wearing colors for a change instead of all black on black. Confessions tour 1st section: all black, Sticky & Sweet 1st section: all black, MDNA 1st section: all black, Rebel Heart 1st section: all black.

Would be cool if the 1st section corset changed to colors reminiscent of her Virgin tour costume like a soft purple or lime green, not black

It seems pretty strange that he was randomly added this late in the tour considering that whole performance is linked to the aids memorial. Who would have decided to do that apart from Madonna?

If it is true I think it makes sense his estate are respecting his wishes and don’t want that info to be public.

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

That did not take them long at all. Are they on this forum?

I thought the same thing!

Apparently the detail was first noticed by Encyclopedia Madonnica.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13129361/Madonna-removes-image-Luther-Vandross-AIDS-tribute-request-singers-estate-passed-stroke.html

4 hours ago, dankpepe said:

Wikipedia says he died from a heart attack. I mean, I don't know but that's what it says...

Plus what's a watermelon diet?

One of my best friends died of a heart attack but it was AIDS, he went from HIV to AIDS the year before and lost so much weight got grumpy ect (hes not my only friend that has we probably all have a few :sad:) same pattern. They dont die of AIDS, its brings them down to die from something else.  Its tragic and even though their families know they also said heart attack. I was there when the policeman took his hat off writing down 'HAD HIV FOR A LONG TIME - AIDS' when they found the body) - they told my neighbour it was cancer! Its so strange but the stigma is so real I guess it helps them. 

I didnt know Luther so cant say the same. 

The family wanted to keep him straight too. 

16 hours ago, scallywally said:

One of my best friends died of a heart attack but it was AIDS, he went from HIV to AIDS the year before and lost so much weight got grumpy ect (hes not my only friend that has we probably all have a few :sad:) same pattern. They dont die of AIDS, its brings them down to die from something else.  Its tragic and even though their families know they also said heart attack. I was there when the policeman took his hat off writing down 'HAD HIV FOR A LONG TIME - AIDS' when they found the body) - they told my neighbour it was cancer! Its so strange but the stigma is so real I guess it helps them. 

I didnt know Luther so cant say the same. 

The family wanted to keep him straight too. 

Luthor died in 2005, so it very well could have just be the family didn't want the pubic to know the truth if he really did with AIDS.  But you're right, people who die with AIDS, die of something else usually because the AIDS virus impacts your body, making it harder and harder to fight off other ailments. 2005 was still a time people were hiding such things.  But then again, I'm sure some still would hide it today.  I don't expect Madonna's team was wrong here, but the family just didn't want it out there, even though most suspected anyway.

5 hours ago, McDonna said:

Luthor died in 2005, so it very well could have just be the family didn't want the pubic to know the truth if he really did with AIDS.  But you're right, people who die with AIDS, die of something else usually because the AIDS virus impacts your body, making it harder and harder to fight off other ailments. 2005 was still a time people were hiding such things.  But then again, I'm sure some still would hide it today.  I don't expect Madonna's team was wrong here, but the family just didn't want it out there, even though most suspected anyway.

Madonna is always involved in the decision making, especially when it comes to something like this. I doubt she just randomly decided to add Luther Vandross' image without knowing if he had AIDS. She has been in the music industry for a long time and probably knows a ton of secrets, so I assume she knows whether or not he had AIDS.

I just wonder what spurred the inclusion of him in the video wall. I doubt she woke up one day and said we need a picture of Luther Vandross.

I also seen some people in the black community are mad at her for this interpreting it as her maligning Vandross' name.