The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

Love the Kylie appearance!!! So amazing and cute. I wonder who else she might bring out for her last two LA shows.

I know lots of folks are hoping for Britney. Hopefully she can handle it.

I’d love it if she brought out Courtney Love. They could do an acoustic duet of Doll Parts. And Courtney could throw compacts on her way out. 🙃

What. A. Night!!!

First off, the show is visually stunning. You really have to see it in person with your own eyes as videos don’t capture the screens, backdrops, dancers and lights all working together. The sound was amazing - synths and basses were booming making it extra special to hear the original arrangements.

M started strong vocally but struggled with Mother and Father and Crazy For You (which is always crazy to me since the high notes in Crazy For You are the same as that of DCFMA and she nails the latter every night). She laughed it off each time and the audience didn’t care either. Her vocals blend really well with the backing track and that’s all that matters to me. Take A Bow sounded pleasant as well though I am bummed that I most likely won’t be able to experience her live performance of Rain. She had an extra pep to her step all night and was full of energy. She was in a great mood too - I’ve never seen her smile this much during a show. The LA crowd really loved her and Bob. 

In terms of the actual performances: the opening is so simple but so iconic at the same time - I think it wouldn’t have the same effect if it wasn’t for Bob’s intro. NY act was fantastic. Transition to LAP is too long. Sex era act also drags a little (Erotica was amazing but JML slowed the show down a bit too much). Hung Up On Tokisha / Hung Up was amazing - everybody was singing along. 2000s act was great as well. I have never been the biggest fan of Ray of Light (sorry) but seeing it live is a transformative experience. Audience reacted the loudest to Live To Tell, Like A Prayer, Don’t Tell Me, La Isla Bonita, Billie Jean/Like A Virgin and of course when M brought out Kylie. You could tell it was a sweet, genuine, special moment for them both. 

This is my 4th time seeing M (S&S part 2,  MDNA, RH) and honestly this might be my favorite tour. I do agree that it’s a little thin on “hits” but as a die hard it’s a treat seeing Open Your Heart in its mostly original glory, Erotica/You Thrill Me, Bad Girl, and Take A Bow. I went with a casual and she was really impressed by the production and M’s sassy personality! 

I see that this moment meant so much for so many, and I am thrilled. It was cute....

I am also glad this happened so we don't have another 30 pages of meltdown for years to come wishing the two to be together! Now bring on Britney

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

Professional footage official video (full performance) ripped from M's IG:

WOWSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is an epic moment in music history.  I can't imagine how this shouldn't be a huge buzz moment in entertainment history and world news!  Such a great moment in music history!  Who is with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m glad we got pro footage too!

It’s so great that Madonna really understands the significance of this and Kylie’s status as a fellow gay icon. I also saw it’s being reported on Good Morning America and things like that which is pretty amazing considering Kylie isn’t exactly a household name in the US.

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

Professional footage official video (full performance) ripped from M's IG:

I can't stop watching this. An epic Madonna moment that even she understands the relevance of Kylie!  I hope that U.S. media will report on this, because I do think it's an important ENTERTAINMENT piece to share. :luv:

1 minute ago, dankpepe said:

Madonna seems to really be enjoying herself on this tour. She's smiling a lot and interacting with the crowd a lot more. Her past tours she always looked mad or depressed with a few occasional smiles.

What tours are you watching to see such?  Every tour I've seen her always smiling and engaged with the audience. If anything, she's far more engaged with her audience in her last several tours than she's ever been.

Why are people still obsessed with Britney? They had already lots of moments together and an iconic one, and sorry but Britney doesn’t look so well. I can only imagine her panic on a stage now. Let her rest. 
Kylie was perfect, the fact she wasn’t just a random judge says it all how Madonna knew it was a big deal. 
Now my next wish is Beyonce, they could do Vogue together and then the judge thing. 
But since Beyoncé is in her cowgirl era, they could do Don’t Tell Me 😂

7 minutes ago, McDonna said:

What tours are you watching to see such?  Every tour I've seen her always smiling and engaged with the audience. If anything, she's far more engaged with her audience in her last several tours than she's ever been.

Not like this one. She’s really on another level this time, she’s really having fun. 

My heart is so full seeing Kylie and M together. I had an insane two days at work and completely forgot about the tour... popped in and saw this. What an iconic duo. Such different performers yet I'm INSANELY pleased with how well their mature live voices fit together. They both complimented each other so well and I'm just... I have no words. The vocals were giving me Nikki and Donna vibes with HOW WELL it sounded as a whole. M and Kylie really knocked this out of the park so organically. What a great moment.