Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

4 hours ago, scion said:

the MDNA vocals were recorded before the tour even started. 

Is this true? I never heard this before. 

I do know that the crowd cheers (especially the MDNA chants) were fixed. I was there in Miami when her musical director came on stage to get us to cheer so Madonna could hear us backstage and chant MDNA for several minutes. They obviously did that for the DVD. 

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

I was gonna say they might have been about 80% done before lockdown but that is unrealistic really. I doubt they’d got much done before the brakes went on. 

I wouldn't say that's too far off. From what I remember, they started editing days after the filming and at least the work print was finished during the lockdown last spring. That's why I think the recent edits are for colors/filters/vocals and Madonna demanded seizure edits. 

4 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I don’t know why she stopped recruiting Jonas Akerlund for her tours. It’s not as if she had a falling out with him since they still work together from time to time.

I wish Jonas was fully in charge of God Control too... it’s like I love the video but it could’ve been a lot better if he was completely in charge. There was too much “filler” in between and a limited scope... I also wish he’s doing the tour. His work was always special, and her recent collaborators didn’t really add anything special to her tour releases.

2 hours ago, Andymad said:

I’m honestly not familiar with this show at all. So she did wear a wig with the eye patch for rehearsals and not the live show? Or are there not really many differences between rehearsal and live?

No Andy, I'm talking about the audio of the 08 and 12 tours LOL

I don't think the editing will be a cause of seizures this time. Her other tours were an assault of the senses and she wanted to trigger people the same way through the visual. This one is a theater show and it must tell a story and I believe she has realized that. Either way, it will be a good last promotion for Madame X that's disappeared from the charts. 

17 hours ago, Husam Elzien said:

I'm hoping she doesn't do "arena" editing for a theatre show. It would be hard to get into the intimate feel of the show with multiple cuts, high levels of audience noise and overly produced flashing imagery. 

I agree. Though the Rebel Heart Tour was cool, the editing really took away from the experience with constant filters and slow motion edits. I definitely think Confessions was a much better blend of edits and not so over-the-top. MDNA was decent too but sometimes the editing could kill a moment.

Edited by hzmajesty (see edit history)

I know I'm going to get killed for saying this but i actually luv how the last tours were edited.  Each song actually felt almost like a music video. I never get bored watching a Madonna Concert.  There is so much happening all the time with the way its edited.  It has a real cinematic feel to me.  I watched Ariana's concert last night on Netflix.  It was a more traditional film.  I luv her but I got bored

12 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

It seems she put this on hold to start the biopic which was probably a good decision to get the ball rolling on that as it will have a lot more mainstream appeal than a concert release. Even if the Madame X DVD came out straight away I don't think there's much interest in this type of release. You only have to look at the sales of other concert dvd's/BD's to know they are really only for the die hard fans.

I was thinking she put it off so that she could finalize a new deal with WB so that distribution would be better than Rebel Heart Tour, which had so many delays or MDNA which had so many production (sound) issues. Maybe, maybe not.

1 hour ago, blondebenji said:

I know I'm going to get killed for saying this but i actually luv how the last tours were edited.  Each song actually felt almost like a music video. I never get bored watching a Madonna Concert.  There is so much happening all the time with the way its edited.  It has a real cinematic feel to me.  I watched Ariana's concert last night on Netflix.  It was a more traditional film.  I luv her but I got bored

I can see that.

Here's my thought - the super bright exposure makes it obvious that she's trying to obliterate her face so that no one can tell she's aging. And that bothers me because from Day 1 - her message was about be who you are, age gracefully -- and then she flipped on that and jacked up her face and conceals it like on the MDNA album cover or RB cover.. MDNA Tour cover .. or she does some whack black and white tricks that take me out of the concert, because in real life it's not black and white, so why do that? 

And then when she tinkers with the audio -- then it doesn't feel like a concert and I want a live concert, wrinkles and bad vocals and all - I want it to be real. Because she was always real to me until she wasn't.

Last note: a lot of those FX, like when the dancers disappear into the stage during Jump in Confessions Tour, those tricks get old quick and date the concert. Confessions actually feels dated now in some segments. 

3 minutes ago, captainjay said:

I was thinking she put it off so that she could finalize a new deal with WB so that distribution would be better than Rebel Heart Tour, which had so many delays or MDNA which had so many production (sound) issues. Maybe, maybe not.

I don’t know what editing has to be distribution tho.

One things for sure is that there’s no deadline for this, which is why it’s taking long.

1 minute ago, deathproof said:

I don’t know what editing has to be distribution tho.

One things for sure is that there’s no deadline for this, which is why it’s taking long.

Right. Two different things. 

I just mean, maybe she just put the whole thing off, knowing that a new deal would be arranged with WB and maybe they want a hand in it. So they said -- hold off -- let's regroup when it's safe or the time is right for you, and now she's in LA working in an editing suite or wherever, but maybe WB has a person involved now to make sure it's to their level of quality -- and then when it's done, they'll distribute it instead of Eagle Rock. 

2 minutes ago, captainjay said:

I can see that.

Here's my thought - the super bright exposure makes it obvious that she's trying to obliterate her face so that no one can tell she's aging. And that bothers me because from Day 1 - her message was about be who you are, age gracefully -- and then she flipped on that and jacked up her face and conceals it like on the MDNA album cover or RB cover.. MDNA Tour cover .. or she does some whack black and white tricks that take me out of the concert, because in real life it's not black and white, so why do that? 

And then when she tinkers with the audio -- then it doesn't feel like a concert and I want a live concert, wrinkles and bad vocals and all - I want it to be real. Because she was always real to me until she wasn't.

Last note: a lot of those FX, like when the dancers disappear into the stage during Jump in Confessions Tour, those tricks get old quick and date the concert. Confessions actually feels dated now in some segments. 

That's why i always loved the bootleg videos i would buy from Camden Market in London and they took about 48 hours to edit and be ready for sale that next Saturday !! 

2 minutes ago, Semtex1 said:

That's why i always loved the bootleg videos i would buy from Camden Market in London and they took about 48 hours to edit and be ready for sale that next Saturday !! 

RIGHT? My very first bootleg was of Who's That Girl Tour in Leeds. And I couldn't go to that show, I was just a little kid -- so it was EVERYTHING to me.

I learned every song and how she sang them (just like in Leeds) and the rawness of her voice reached me in a way the album versions couldn't. And then Blond Ambition was the same -- she sounded like MADONNA to me -- raw raw raw real vocals. Good and bad. I loved it.

Cut to .. Borderline during Sticky & Sweet and I'm like, um .. that's just the album version vocals? Or re-sung? WHY? 

If I'm not watching the show, her vocals are what I want -- and I want them real. I already own the studio albums. Fuck! I want you to sound real even if you sound like shit one day!!

1 hour ago, captainjay said:

Yeah, I don't know what you are trying to say with that .. but that's fine. 

I think you have high hopes with someone swooping in to save this project, but it's still at the same pace as before, and still the same people working on it.

Nuno is a cool guy, but he doesn't have a lot under his belt, other than some MDNAskin adverts, tour Teasers, World of Madame X, and the Crave music video.....

1 hour ago, captainjay said:

RIGHT? My very first bootleg was of Who's That Girl Tour in Leeds. And I couldn't go to that show, I was just a little kid -- so it was EVERYTHING to me.

I learned every song and how she sang them (just like in Leeds) and the rawness of her voice reached me in a way the album versions couldn't. And then Blond Ambition was the same -- she sounded like MADONNA to me -- raw raw raw real vocals. Good and bad. I loved it.

Cut to .. Borderline during Sticky & Sweet and I'm like, um .. that's just the album version vocals? Or re-sung? WHY? 

If I'm not watching the show, her vocals are what I want -- and I want them real. I already own the studio albums. Fuck! I want you to sound real even if you sound like shit one day!!

Absofuckinglutely. I'll take rawness, horseness, strained vocals any day. I love the forgetting lyrics above perfection 

43 minutes ago, deathproof said:

I think you have high hopes with someone swooping in to save this project, but it's still at the same pace as before, and still the same people working on it.

Nuno is a cool guy, but he doesn't have a lot under his belt, other than some MDNAskin adverts, tour Teasers, World of Madame X, and the Crave music video.....

I never said that or anything like that. I have no invested interest in this tour released on video formats at all.  Just offering a possible reason for the delay from a business point of view. But if you know for certain it's the same group of people and no real changes, then .. it is what it is. It's likely to be a video release with Madonna's hands all over it, which means it won't look real. It'll be cut to make her look fantastic, which is hard to do when she's not perfect, so it's poorly shot with no close-ups and feels poorly edited. Amateur. Or less than what she deserves.

The MX tour was the first time I was ever truly pissed at Madonna. I've seen every tour since '93, multiple times sometimes - but I skipped it after the stop-start fiasco and then with the lateness and ignorant behaviour towards her fans, I didn't bother rescheduling tickets/airfare/hotel (I was planning to see her in NY and then said fuck it and then considered Chicago and then I was in Las Vegas and thought of going back to see her there, but by then she was not even reliable with shows moving and being cancelled ... not good).

Nuno sounds like her go-to guy then, that's great. Did he do any of the Fat Jewish videos? Some of those were really fun to watch, like the spa-day one where she shows him how to Vogue and the one when they're watching dance rehearsals. Her hair looks incredible in that one. I wonder if it was a wig?

• RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic