Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

6 hours ago, Prayer said:

It's not even the 2001 remaster, it's the 2021 "True Blue 35th" remaster. So now we have three "True Blue" digital editions:

- "True Blue 35th"

- "True Blue" Reissue/2001 Remaster

- "True Blue"

But the first 9 regular album tracks are the same 2021 "remasters" (or whatever they did then to boost the volume). It would be great to have the 2001 remaster with the 2001 versions and the original album with the 1986 version, so everyone can listen to their faves instead of being forced to listen to the 2021 remaster (I hate it).

"True Blue" Reissue/2001 Remaster was uploaded prior to "True Blue 35th". If I understand correctly, "True Blue 35th" is the 2021 remaster, "True Blue" Reissue/2001 Remaster is the 2001 remaster and "True Blue" is the 2021 remaster. Is this correct? Good thing to still have the CD and/or vinyl editions!

17 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

"True Blue" Reissue/2001 Remaster was uploaded prior to "True Blue 35th". If I understand correctly, "True Blue 35th" is the 2021 remaster, "True Blue" Reissue/2001 Remaster is the 2001 remaster and "True Blue" is the 2021 remaster. Is this correct? Good thing to still have the CD and/or vinyl editions!

krule-john-c-reilly.gif

2 hours ago, Arckangel said:

It's not correct :cute: Sadly, all three of them are the 2021 remaster now on digital.

The Reissue/2001 Remaster was available before 2021, of course, and it was indeed the correct 2001 Remaster. But when "True Blue 35th" was released in 2021, the 9 regular album tracks and the 2 bonus tracks on the Reissue/2001 Version were updated with the "True Blue 35th" remasters.

This week they've updated "Madonna", as we know, with the correct 2001 remasters (except "Holiday"). Well, previously "Lucky Star", "I Know It", "Physical Attraction", "Everybody" and "Burning Up (12'' Version)" there were all the original masters. Now all those versions are lost forever on streaming and it's a shame.

I don't mind remasters but I think they should keep the old versions too, definitely.

On 1/12/2023 at 4:01 PM, thegoldencalf said:

I think a lot of the production sounds pretty current and it’s nothing that would have been done 25 years ago. 
And regardless, can we say something’s dated because it references a style that’s been out for 20-30 years? 
Personally I consider dated something that can’t transcend the time of its release (Turn Up The Radio cough) or that was released relatively close to a trend that passed

The mdna demos sounds very dated i can't believe there were plans for bang bang boom to be released even as a plan demo,i mean it sounds good but even Isla Bonita sounds more modern

2 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

The mdna demos sounds very dated i can't believe there were plans for bang bang boom to be released even as a plan demo,i mean it sounds good but even Isla Bonita sounds more modern

You’ve heard Girl Gone Wild right?

Mastered on a Maris Piper

54 minutes ago, Openyourheart said:

It would be so good to one day have every official mix of every song on Spotify but I know it's unlikely and probably difficult for some songs (like Borderline) due to how many there are 

I don't buy that. There are 16 remixes on the Give It 2 Me digital single, not to mention the other handful floating around that weren't included. They could do it if they cared enough. They need the mindset of a librarian or a museum historian, that's all. But they're blinded by $$.

2 hours ago, Openyourheart said:

It would be so good to one day have every official mix of every song on Spotify but I know it's unlikely and probably difficult for some songs (like Borderline) due to how many there are 

There are not that many. One extended remix, one 7” edit and a dub. And an extra remix edit that once appeared on a cassette but really we can all live without it.  
All the other versions were included on albums. It’s not difficult to upload albums on streaming with the correct tracks.

1 hour ago, Bjonkers said:

I don't buy that. There are 16 remixes on the Give It 2 Me digital single, not to mention the other handful floating around that weren't included. They could do it if they cared enough. They need the mindset of a librarian or a museum historian, that's all. But they're blinded by $$.

Narrate it how you like, but releasing multiple remixes of an older song isn't going generate a lot of interest and yes money. With the streaming age, it's probably easier and cheaper to slap something together and make available, but a physical copy of things cost much more to produce. 

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

There are not that many. One extended remix, one 7” edit and a dub. And an extra remix edit that once appeared on a cassette but really we can all live without it.  
All the other versions were included on albums. It’s not difficult to upload albums on streaming with the correct tracks.

I guess it just seemed like more because of the confusing tags. I do think if they're going to upload them then they should do it correctly 

I really appreciate all of you in here who know the differences, by heart might I add, between the 7” edit, 7” remix, album version, album version - fade, U.S. Remix, U.S. Edit, 12” extended mix, 12” club mix, and radio versions of all of her 80’s singles. I’m toasting my beer to y’all :Madonna036: 

To whom it may concern, the audio issues may still be present but at least there’s the aesthetic of the original artworks (plus Virgin has Into The Groove in the tracklisting, something the 2001 reissue lacks) 

Tbqh I don’t know how you all found out about this True Blue upload. I find these hidden Spotify uploads by googling “x artist y album/single Spotify” 

4 hours ago, Sillynate said:

To whom it may concern, the audio issues may still be present but at least there’s the aesthetic of the original artworks (plus Virgin has Into The Groove in the tracklisting, something the 2001 reissue lacks) 

Tbqh I don’t know how you all found out about this True Blue upload. I find these hidden Spotify uploads by googling “x artist y album/single Spotify” 

But original artworks without the original sound is coitus interruptus!

truth-or-dare-outtake.jpg

Where does that "Like A Virgin" version come from? I think it's and old one matching whatever is available now. I played it and the regular album tracks played the "Like A Virgin (Reissue)" versions and "Into The Groove" the "Celebration" version.

4 hours ago, Sillynate said:

Wait!? Where on earth is this version of a Like A Virgin with Into The Groove added like the UK release? It’s always been the 9 track US version available here. 

I remember going to my friends house and we put on like a Virgin and her copy didn’t have Into The Groove and mine did. We were ten and we were like.

I remember being shocked that Holiday wasn’t on Like A Virgin as they were both a number one and two in the singles charts in the same week here. 

Into The Groove was THE song in the UK. 
It was the song that captured the nation and cemented her from pop fluff to serious contender. It’s still her biggest selling song here. 

Those rereleases were really fuckin with my ten year old brain. 

I also loathed that she wasn’t on the cover of the Holiday 12”

It was such an odd move from Warner when her image was key to her visibility here at that time. 

3 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I remember going to my friends house and we put on like a Virgin and her copy didn’t have Into The Groove and mine did. We were ten and we were like.

I remember being shocked that Holiday wasn’t on Like A Virgin as they were both a number one and two in the singles charts in the same week here. 

Into The Groove was THE song in the UK. 
It was the song that captured the nation and cemented her from pop fluff to serious contender. It’s still her biggest selling song here. 

Those rereleases were really fuckin with my ten year old brain. 

I remember buying The Complete Studio Albums (1983–2008) box set from HMV on release day in 2012 thinking it would have the 1985 LAV reissue and finding out they used the 2001 remaster versions of the first three albums instead. 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW