MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

It seems no other artist is reissuing the albums with demos that's also assuming they have a hq version

The Warner press release did mention that the re-issues would be "Deluxe" versions, so while there is no promise of "demos", one could assume there will be extras on these re-issues.   That being said, it could simply be re-mixes which may or may not have already been released. :)

I just wanted to chip in that I think most of you who are happy with all the releases from the last year are probably from the US and Europe, where everything has been released and you have a tour coming up

RSD is not a worldwide event (even though if you check their website and they say they are), at least here some select stores bring them later as imports, meaning for example the everybody vinyl retails at 50 dollars. So virtually no RSD releases here + no tour

South america has only gotten FEL from the deal, that’s why I keep saying there’s nothing released. 

im very glad you guys get these but we don’t. So it’s been largely boring and that’s why I am waiting for a large release that I can buy - since I already bought FEL)

that is all ;)

25 minutes ago, Diieeego said:

I just wanted to chip in that I think most of you who are happy with all the releases from the last year are probably from the US and Europe, where everything has been released and you have a tour coming up

RSD is not a worldwide event (even though if you check their website and they say they are), at least here some select stores bring them later as imports, meaning for example the everybody vinyl retails at 50 dollars. So virtually no RSD releases here + no tour

South america has only gotten FEL from the deal, that’s why I keep saying there’s nothing released. 

im very glad you guys get these but we don’t. So it’s been largely boring and that’s why I am waiting for a large release that I can buy - since I already bought FEL)

that is all ;)

That's definitely interesting point of view, thanks for sharing. I haven't thought of that. We in US and EU always keep forgetting how it is not to have everything instantly. 

Even if I am from very small middle-eastern european country. We have everything available here almost on the day of release (even RSD limited stuff) for some reason, lucky me I guess, but only when you posted this I realized the fans around the world might not be that lucky. 

58 minutes ago, Diieeego said:

that is all ;)

What country are you living in?

1 hour ago, Diieeego said:

that is all ;)

I agree with you... And you can live in Europe and have the same problem. I live in a small town in Spain. Now we only have one record store in the town. If we want music we have to go to fnac (and I have to say that the last time I went the music section was as big as my bedroom because "People don't buy music anymore, so better videogames, books and things like that". Even in the movies section was difficult to find the Disney movies, they have two or three tittles and the rest "You can buy them online".

I've been lucky and the record store in my town was part of the record store day but... he told me that "They send me just what the big ones don't want". I found "True blue" and "La isla bonita" there, and "You can dance" "The first album" picture disc but when "Everybody", "Who's that girl" and "American life" were released he asked for copies and the day they were released he had a mail saying "We don't have enough copies". So I had to buy the first two on Internet and I paid more for the shipping costs than for the vinyls themselves.

I can understand that they can be considered as part of the announce, but those are releases that are not there for everyone. And when you trie to buy then and you can't and see the next day you have to pay much more for them because a no fan had access to more than one copy and wins money and in your town you didn't had one is frustrating. I want to give my money to Madonna, not to someone that don't appreciate her art.

23 minutes ago, scamper said:

I agree with you... And you can live in Europe and have the same problem. I live in a small town in Spain. Now we only have one record store in the town. If we want music we have to go to fnac (and I have to say that the last time I went the music section was as big as my bedroom because "People don't buy music anymore, so better videogames, books and things like that". Even in the movies section was difficult to find the Disney movies, they have two or three tittles and the rest "You can buy them online".

I've been lucky and the record store in my town was part of the record store day but... he told me that "They send me just what the big ones don't want". I found "True blue" and "La isla bonita" there, and "You can dance" "The first album" picture disc but when "Everybody", "Who's that girl" and "American life" were released he asked for copies and the day they were released he had a mail saying "We don't have enough copies". So I had to buy the first two on Internet and I paid more for the shipping costs than for the vinyls themselves.

I can understand that they can be considered as part of the announce, but those are releases that are not there for everyone. And when you trie to buy then and you can't and see the next day you have to pay much more for them because a no fan had access to more than one copy and wins money and in your town you didn't had one is frustrating. I want to give my money to Madonna, not to someone that don't appreciate her art.

Same issue in the U.S.  The nearest record shop to me is like 50 miles away and it doesn't even participate in RSD.  I've always had to scour the internet the next day for RSD Vinyls I wanted, hoping copies will still be available.   At the same time, RSD has become a traditional holiday for collectors/fans.  The whole point of the day is to get people into the actual stores and buy something exclusive for that day. It isn't supposed to be easy.  It isn't supposed to be for the majority. Many people wait for hours to get in, hoping to purchase that exclusive record.  Most stores are limited to so many copies.  It allows fans and collectors to own something that not everyone else has, that may retain value if not more value within time. 

As for the people who actually make it to the stores on RSD, I would say 99% are fans of what they are buying.  In many cases, these stores put a limit on how many copies one can buy.  Unfortunately, there are always going to be those who will get copies only to sell later for a hefty price.  Just the same as those who scalp concert tickets, etc.  There are always going to be those who will take advantage and ruin a good thing.

9 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Unreleased demos suck. Colored vinyl doesn't. Simple.

There's a reason they were cut from the album babes...

Coloured vinyl means zero to me, personally.

I wonder about collector fans who are more attached to the material rather than the love and curiosity of the music itself.

Different strokes for different folks.

15 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Even if the unreleased demos sucked, they're still a decent look into the album process. And who knows, maybe a song Madonna didn't like will be loved by people who aren't her. Remember, different strokes are for different folks, and if people can find, say, "Warning Signs" to be more interesting than "Shoo-Be-Do," then so be it.

Also colored vinyls are really gimmicky to me. The people who like it only care about the style of the packaging, not the substance of what the packaging holds.

17 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

EXcuuuse me? 🤣 It baffles me honestly some poeple here are willing to buy another copy of THE SAME DAMN VINYL instead of having additional cut material. Downright ridiculous...

Don't tell me Liquid Love sucks. It was cut from Music because it gave Madonna weird tingles, whatever that stupid excuse means. And I don't care we have access to unreleased songs on YT, as most of them are in shitty quality and I wish they were offical and clean. 

4 hours ago, xpressyourself said:

Remember, different strokes are for different folks, and if people can find, say, "Warning Signs" to be more interesting than "Shoo-Be-Do," then so be it.

Nothing unrealised can be more interesting than shoo-bee-doo. I love it and jimmy, jimmy more than songs like Take a bow or live to tell.

#justiceforshoo-bee-doo

#justiceforjimmyjimmy

#andjusticefordon'tstopandGMAYL

🙃

12 hours ago, Starchild said:

I wonder about collector fans who are more attached to the material rather than the love and curiosity of the music itself.

Your logic is not right. Because we love her music, we want her songs published in the best collectible format. I don't buy coloured vinyl of Taylor Swift  because I don't like her music. 

4 hours ago, Cyberraga said:

EXcuuuse me? 🤣 It baffles me honestly some poeple here are willing to buy another copy of THE SAME DAMN VINYL instead of having additional cut material. Downright ridiculous...

Don't tell me Liquid Love sucks. It was cut from Music because it gave Madonna weird tingles, whatever that stupid excuse means. And I don't care we have access to unreleased songs on YT, as most of them are in shitty quality and I wish they were offical and clean. 

In all honestly though Liquid Love is one of the few outtakes that has leaked that was truly good. Imo that should have been the new song on GHV2.

15 hours ago, Starchild said:

This is such a nasty comment for no reason. Meanwhile, you're the one disrespecting Madonna by wanting songs that she didn't want you to have. I wonder about "fans" like that...

How's THAT for a hot take :cute:

17 hours ago, Starchild said:

Different strokes for different folks.

It's definitely not only about the material, it's actually both. For us, we are pleased with nice packaging, colored vinyls (or other format) etc. simply because it usually looks beautiful, but it doesn't mean we would say no to any music, it's part of that as well.

I guess we are the lucky ones here, since we are going to be pleased either Madonna re-releases for example Like a Prayer album reissue on purple vinyl (option 1) and we will buy it instantly, but we will be similarly pleased with Like a Prayer album reissue including 4 demos and previously unreleased songs (option 2).

So it's both, the music and the presentation of music itself, I am not sure why you are trying to push the narrative in your post like we are ONLY pleased with option 1 and we repel anything else. It's not true at all and kind of narrow-minded view. 

Actually, we might as well say you are the unlucky one here, since you cannot enjoy reissues such as FEL rainbow edition. But we can while waiting for another Madonna's project. 

15 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

It's definitely not only about the material, it's actually both. For us, we are pleased with nice packaging, colored vinyls (or other format) etc. simply because it usually looks beautiful, but it doesn't mean we would say no to any music, it's part of that as well.

I guess we are the lucky ones here, since we are going to be pleased either Madonna re-releases for example Like a Prayer album reissue on purple vinyl (option 1) and we will buy it instantly, but we will be similarly pleased with Like a Prayer album reissue including 4 demos and previously unreleased songs (option 2).

So it's both, the music and the presentation of music itself, I am not sure why you are trying to push the narrative in your post like we are ONLY pleased with option 1 and we repel anything else. It's not true at all and kind of narrow-minded view. 

Actually, we might as well say you are the unlucky one here, since you cannot enjoy reissues such as FEL rainbow edition. But we can while waiting for another Madonna's project. 

Yeah, I think many of us would love to have the 'bells and whistles' , but just because we champion one thing, doesn't mean we wouldn't want the other.  :)

4 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

In all honestly though Liquid Love is one of the few outtakes that has leaked that was truly good. Imo that should have been the new song on GHV2.

Revenge, Gone Gone, Gone, Like a Flower, Be Careful, Like an Angel Passing Through my Room, Each Time You Break My Heart, Angels with Dirty Faces, Across the Sky, Latte, Your Honesty, Broken, It's so cool 2003 are bad songs?

IMO, all of them are better than some fillers in the albuns like Jimmy Jimmy, Act of Contrition, Spanish Lesson, Incredible, Candy Perfume Girl, Don't Stop, Revolver, I'm so stupid, etc

If Warner releases those songs as extras in the expanded albuns, we'll get them in HQ and also in the streams.

If vinyl collector thinks a 300th edition release with a different color is cool, ok, go ahead and purchase your item, good for you all.

But other fans are begging for some unreleased stuff like every artist is doing for years, except Madonna. If she doesn't want to release b-sides, it's her choice, but no way releasing the same product with a different package is better than extras.