Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

1 hour ago, McDonna said:

The narrative is strong in this one!  LOL!   To answer your question... The trailer in announcing the tour, where Madonna agrees to go on tour, singing all her "greatest hits".  That was Amy's dare and she said she would do it.  So yeah, that's why most of us assume it's a tour that is going to feature her biggest hits.  Here's a reminder for those who have forgotten!

And yeah, she may have sang Holiday at Live Aid, but by that point that song became one of her signature hits.  It was a song that grew to be an iconic hit for her over the years. 

There is no way she's going to perform a lot of unknown songs or low charting singles.  She's singing the hits on this tour.  Will she throw in a few smaller hits or possibly lesser known songs, I won't doubt it, but over all we should be expecting majority of the setlist full of her iconic and signature hits.

But nobody is saying she's not singing the hits. Like I said, every tour she's done she perfomed "the hits from the 80's" . Even DWT had hits. We're just saying that, other than the 10, 15 monster hits it's more likely she'll use other singles she likes rather than the bigger songs we know she doesn't.

I mean, I would love to be wrong but This Used to Be My Playground, I'll Remember, Cherish, Causing a Commotion, Angel, American Pie, Sorry have less of a chance to appear on the tour even though they are bigger hits than Human Nature, Bedtime Story, Oh Father, Rain and Candy Shop.

I can’t believe the fans somehow trying to now justify the potential she won’t be doing the greatest hits :rip:

That would be asinine after promoting this as a greatest hits tour. No question, that’s how this was sold. Sure, the lesser known singles will be a nice treat, but at least 15 of the songs better be major hits or this will be the ultimate bait and switch.

Hardly anyone in the arena is going to know Nothing Really Matters if that’s how the show starts, and there will be lots of people who don’t know songs like Bedtime Story and Bad Girl too. I’m personally extremely excited to hear those, but she absolutely needs to balance the show appropriately this time around.

2 hours ago, Ekans said:

So the consensus regarding the 3 never performed on tour singles are Nothing Really Matters, Bedtime Story and Bad Girl, right? I was hoping we’d get Rescue Me too but apparently it’s out. I can live without it tho as long as we have such obscure tracks to appreciate live.

I wonder if anything has been hinted regarding non-singles that have never been performed live being present on TCT2 setlist?

Ohhhhh my goddd if we get Bad Girl I WILL DIEEEEE

14 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Let’s be honest with ourselves - Madonna was never gonna do a greatest hits tour - I’m really excited to see how she interprets and celebrates her four decades - 

Yes, by Alllll means , let’s get “Drowned World\ Substitute for love for a THIRD time over something like “I’ll Remember” for a first time , OR  “Mer Girl” a SECOND time over something like “This Used To be my Playground “ for a first time,,, let’s be honest with ourselves though,,,,  

25 minutes ago, DiegoLCL said:

But nobody is saying she's not singing the hits. Like I said, every tour she's done she perfomed "the hits from the 80's" . Even DWT had hits. We're just saying that, other than the 10, 15 monster hits it's more likely she'll use other singles she likes rather than the bigger songs we know she doesn't.

I mean, I would love to be wrong but This Used to Be My Playground, I'll Remember, Cherish, Causing a Commotion, Angel, American Pie, Sorry have less of a chance to appear on the tour even though they are bigger hits than Human Nature, Bedtime Story, Oh Father, Rain and Candy Shop.

Nothing you've said, I disagree with.  I actually just believe this tour will be very hits heavy and I think some people are going to be disappointed when the setlist is revealed and all these "deep cuts" or less known hits aren't going to appear.  The songs you listed, I agree probably won't be part of the tour list, but the classic well known hits will (and there are many that can fit a two hour show). 

As said in an early post, I do think she'll be doing a couple songs for the fans.  But I don't believe it's going to be the songs some are hoping for.  But as said, we'll know in a few days.  Over all, this tour is going to go down as her "Greatest Hits tour". 

1 minute ago, Lilalo said:

Yes, by Alllll means , let’s get “Drowned World\ Substitute for love for a THIRD time over something like “I’ll Remember” for a first time , OR  “Mer Girl” a SECOND time over something like “This Used To be my Playground “ for a first time,,, let’s be honest with ourselves though,,,,  

and maybe that's what we'll get - it's her show, her career, her four decades - BUT I am SURE there's gonna be something for everyone in this show - no one will leave disappointed that she didn't do a few songs.

20 minutes ago, Jackie said:

and maybe that's what we'll get - it's her show, her career, her four decades - BUT I am SURE there's gonna be something for everyone in this show - no one will leave disappointed that she didn't do a few songs.

I agree that there will be something for everyone, but who are we kidding? There will always be fans who will complain and will throw a fit that their favorite hit or non-hit didn't appear.  LOL! :)

7 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Anyhow, it was confirmed that Bob the drag queen will be performing during the actual concert with Madonna. So I can only imagine he will be lip syncing many of the old hits that Madonna doesn’t care for while she has a breather. This is how the pride show was.

Please tell me?  Who "confirmed" such or are you just making up things again?  No one has "confirmed" anything as of yet, so let's not get carried away with what some so called "reliable sources" have said so far.  :OML:

1 minute ago, McDonna said:

Please tell me?  Who "confirmed this" or are you just making up things again.  No one has confirmed anything yet, so let's not get carried away with what some so called "reliable sources" have said so far. 

Drowned Madonna. It’s been discussed at length from their posting a few days ago. 

2 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Drowned Madonna. It’s been discussed at length from their posting a few days ago. 

Drowned Madonna is not an OFFICIAL source, nor did they confirm that Bob would be so involved in the show that he would resort to lip-syncing her songs. You're over-exaggerating what has been vaguely reported!

6 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Drowned Madonna is not an OFFICIAL source, nor did they confirm that Bob would be so involved in the show that he would resort to lip-syncing her songs. You're over-exaggerating what has been vaguely reported!

If you look at my post, it says “I imagine…”. I am not exaggerating Drowned Madonna’s report. 

5 hours ago, MPowered said:

Mhhh this is a bit of an odd clue. 🤔

I hope it’s NOT Bye Bye Baby. 😰

Doubt it. It appears the songs we're getting from Erotica are Erotica, Rain, and Bad Girl. I don't see her doing 4 tracks from this album.

It will be interesting though what songs she chooses. I will say I'm surprised that she's doing the rumored songs we've heard about so far: Bedtime Story, Rain, Oh Father, Nothing Really Matters, etc.

I've been reading a lot of comments about what you "want" and what you "don't want" to hear on the show, guys, you need to calm down! Madonna will do what she wants the way she wants, and she will sing the songs that SHE wants to sing, I ask you now: When she has done something that she doesn't want to do? Relax and WAIT a few more days, it won't be that long. ...Stop fighting...