VULGAR

deathproof

4 hours ago, imakisoda said:

I don’t know why people are making it sound like it would be easy to do a video with these new songs. I would LOVE a video but Madonna, Sam Smith, and The Weeknd are all on tour right now (or pretty much at least). 

There are countless ways to create a video without the feat. artists having to perform in it. Some examples are Prince "Alphabeth St.", Michael Jackson "Leave Me Alone", George Michael "Freedom", Gaga "Til it Happens to You" or many videos by Moby, Avicii and Sia.

9 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

Am I the only one who think it doesn't sounds ballroom ?! It doesn't even sounds 90's. Sounds more like something mid 2000. The only thing that can sounds ballroom is the way they rap but the music isn't ballroom at all in my opinion. Or maybe a modern type of ballroom but def not the 90's one.

Agree. Very "Sexyback" by JT.

The Ballroom vibe is the last part with the thumping bass, cause it's very vogue-y and danceable I guess.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
2 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

This sounds nothing like "Vulgar" for anyone who has "a musical hear". That track you have posted sounds 100% early 90's, all the elements. Vulgar, like me and some other have mentionned sounds like a production of mid 2000. 

Babe, Vulgar sounds NOTHING like Sexy Back for anyone with a musical hear 😂

Music House, the european company providing dee-jays with a promotional service of commercial pop dance music, has just announced new remixes by Berlin-based producer Marlon Hoffstadt aka DJ Daddy Trance for the Sam Smith and Madonna collaboration, Vulgar.

Vulgar – Marlon Hoffstadt Edit (Explicit) 2:56

Vulgar – Marlon Hoffstadt Edit (Clean) 2:56

Vulgar – Marlon Hoffstadt Extended (Exlicit) 5:19

Vulgar – Marlon Hoffstadt Extended (Clean) 5:19

Vulgar – Marlon Hoffstadt Instrumental 5:19

Look out for the new remixes in all good clubs and bars now!

1 hour ago, xavier said:

Music House, the european company providing dee-jays with a promotional service of commercial pop dance music, has just announced new remixes by Berlin-based producer Marlon Hoffstadt aka DJ Daddy Trance for the Sam Smith and Madonna collaboration, Vulgar.

Vulgar – Marlon Hoffstadt Edit (Explicit) 2:56

Vulgar – Marlon Hoffstadt Edit (Clean) 2:56

Vulgar – Marlon Hoffstadt Extended (Exlicit) 5:19

Vulgar – Marlon Hoffstadt Extended (Clean) 5:19

Vulgar – Marlon Hoffstadt Instrumental 5:19

Look out for the new remixes in all good clubs and bars now!

I was just thinking that Vulgar needs some remixes.  Getting Honey Dijon to remix this seems like a no brainer. 

On 6/25/2023 at 2:21 AM, Redha DBL said:

Am I the only one who think it doesn't sounds ballroom ?! It doesn't even sounds 90's. Sounds more like something mid 2000. The only thing that can sounds ballroom is the way they rap but the music isn't ballroom at all in my opinion. Or maybe a modern type of ballroom but def not the 90's one.

It's not 90s House Ballroom but more contemporary like this:

And this

On 6/24/2023 at 8:21 PM, Redha DBL said:

It's not a literal paint-by-number ballroom throwback. It has ballroom ELEMENTS. The "Ha Dance" snare hit sample specifically. But also the rhythmic, staccatto synth stabs. Both elements are trademarks of the ballroom sound.

But the rolling tech-house bassline during the drop and the middle eastern strings make it unique and separate it from being another stale ballroom track clone (of which there are a lot).