The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

This tour is the definitive proove of her stature, no dout about it. It's amazing. Proove that maybe also some of her fans needed to experience after so many difficult moments, wich still had some parts of what she is able to do (the RHT was amazing as part of the MDNA one, Madame X and Rebel Heart contain a lot of very good tracks, the Batuka video is one of her best ever for me and the Mat Gala performance was magical). Most of the time for me the problem, the missing point was the execution: good ideas, interesting sounds, strong melodies but not completely expressed in their potential, cause she seemed too often preoccupied to be trandy than to go deeper in her creation (the chaos of such a good material as the Rebel Heart session or some aspects of the Madame X project). What makes this show so interesting on many levels is actually its complexity and coherence. This is just my feeling of course, I don't give it as something real :cute:

Said that, I have a question: looking at how incredibly beautiful she is in this tour, why do you think she had such uncomprehensible treatments to her face and body in the recent years? Were they mistakes sometimes or she just wanted to try things?

EDIT: I would also like to signal the amazing work this guy is doing editing the show, it's one of the best I watched at he moment, I really suggest it.

https://www.youtube.com/@superaleeff9123/videos

6 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Just so beautiful. I think her crown will end up being an iconic look.

It is.  It's interesting that most google searches of her Celebration Tour, the visual mostly relates to this first look in the tour.  Maybe it's just easier for a lot of sources, but I know for a lot of fans, NRMs is a huge highlight on the tour.  It may not be the most popular song from Madonna, but it's very Madonna. What's great that among a show that is celebrating a lot of her iconic moves aas an entertainer, she sill is able to unveil a new iconic look.  :party:

2 hours ago, McDonna said:

It is.  It's interesting that most google searches of her Celebration Tour, the visual mostly relates to this first look in the tour.  Maybe it's just easier for a lot of sources, but I know for a lot of fans, NRMs is a huge highlight on the tour.  It may not be the most popular song from Madonna, but it's very Madonna. What's great that among a show that is celebrating a lot of her iconic moves aas an entertainer, she sill is able to unveil a new iconic look.  :party:

Its a perfect opener. The second she started singing it, my body started shivering. The whole atmosphere in the arena was something else. It felt like a heavenly arrival. And i love how she was all alone on the stage so the focus was on her only. I will never forget this.

5 hours ago, McDonna said:

When you say she was "an hour late" was that any later than she's actually been?  What time did she actually appear on stage because we all know that 10 pm is her typical time for arrival. 

10 pm... to late, she should start at 9pm, i don't give a shit if it's her thing or not, it was freezing outside and once inside it was melting from the heat, it was so hot at Ziggo Dome... 

But after alle the concert made up for being late, it was amazing..

29 minutes ago, scion said:

Cool? She's completely off key. Crap more like.

Well, for me it's cool to add a little wink to ILNY at the end of BU, that's it, i'm not even thinking if she's on or off key, it's my opinion :-) Just like adding those little verses of Causing A Commotion. I think we fans love those things and think they're cool.

1 hour ago, Frank said:

So cool!.

Why do you think she sang a little bit of ILNY at this show?   I can see her doing it at the New York shows. 

I agree; it's cool she did it.  And the last thing I was thinking was if she was "on" or "off" key. She was just messing around singing that part.  What was that  three seconds out of a 2 plus hour show? I'm sure there were many other "off key" moments, but I prefer to hear the imperfections than miming to a backing track. :)

For months I've been counting the days. Yesterday I finally got to see Madonna perform at the Ziggo Dome.

And I loved every second of it.

I met so many cool, fabulous, beautiful people, everyone was just having the time of their lives.The Madonna fanbase is just the best.

Prior to attending the show I watched a lot of YouTube videos of the Celebration Tour, but they don't hold a candle to the real deal. Being there and experiencing the sense of community was really special.

I was surprised by the quality Madonna was bringing, especially considering what she has been through just a couple of months ago.

Personal highlights: Nothing Really Matters, Live to Tell, Like a Prayer, Vogue, and especially Bad Girl.

Erotica and Justify My Love I really enjoyed as well, but it felt they were from a whole different show. A bit darker in tone, but that suits my taste just fine.

Minor personal points of criticism: The Beast Within, Don't Cry For Me Argentina and the Like a Virgin & Billie Jean mashup were unnecessary, although I understand how important DCFMA has been for Madonna herself. I really missed Frozen and Express Yourself. But hey, with almost 100 single releases to choose from you can't have everything.

I'm really glad and thankful I got to see Madonna perform again. She looked great, she sounded just fine and she still knows how to put on a fantastic show.

1 hour ago, scion said:

Cool? She's completely off key. Crap more like.

And when she is in playback it’s a crap and if she sing off key it’s a crap. Are you sure we follow the same artist through those years? Last time I checked the way she sings or not it was not a big deal. With Madonna what counts it’s the whole package. There are artist that sings off key or not sings at all and simple stay in played without doing not even a 10% of what she did. 

I still don’t know the full setlist. Having only peaked just to fulfill my anticipation, I cannot wait for this show. I will be in the pit area with my husband on day 1 in Toronto and the seats the following night with my friend. 

I did watch the full video of NRM and Bad Girl. I have not allowed myself to watch or know anything else of this show until showtime!!

1 minute ago, Robertthenurse said:

I still don’t know the full setlist. Having only peaked just to fulfill my anticipation, I cannot wait for this show. I will be in the pit area with my husband on day 1 in Toronto and the seats the following night with my friend. 

I did watch the full video of NRM and Bad Girl. I have not allowed myself to watch or know anything else of this show until showtime!!

I am rooting for M doing a Celebration Tour night in Toronto close to THAT Blond Ambition concert. I will be forever angry Pioneer didn't have the balls and choose release THAT night instead of Barcelona, Nice, etc., etc. (Given Yokohama was a sine qua non condition to go ahead after Chiba's rainstorms hindered the most enthusiastic Japanese crowd by then to be present at a Blond taped concert).

1 hour ago, ron92 said:

And when she is in playback it’s a crap and if she sing off key it’s a crap. Are you sure we follow the same artist through those years? Last time I checked the way she sings or not it was not a big deal. With Madonna what counts it’s the whole package. There are artist that sings off key or not sings at all and simple stay in played without doing not even a 10% of what she did. 

Well yeah I'd just prefer she sings well, like the majority of the show. She's a singer it's perfectly fair to judge her on poor singing when it happens, the same it fair to call out a footballer for playing poorly, or a boxer for having a bad match etc.

Like it or lump it 🤷‍♀️

2 hours ago, Anapausis said:

@Fontainebleauwell, let me dare to say The Beast Within is very necessary in the context of nowadays when the Middle East has returned to their usual state of conflict and the Christian conservatives have never been so fucking frenzily about the Apocalypse of John profecies as of now.

It definitely is and it's also essential to present one of the main themes of M's artistic imaginary. From American Life to Madame X, with some references during the Rebel Heart/Revolution of love era too, she invested a lot of her work questioning about the political scenario. Never in an effective way imo (the best product was autocensored in 2003 for me, such a pity), but she tried and cared intensely. 

3 hours ago, Fontainebleau said:

For months I've been counting the days. Yesterday I finally got to see Madonna perform at the Ziggo Dome.

And I loved every second of it.

I met so many cool, fabulous, beautiful people, everyone was just having the time of their lives.The Madonna fanbase is just the best.

Prior to attending the show I watched a lot of YouTube videos of the Celebration Tour, but they don't hold a candle to the real deal. Being there and experiencing the sense of community was really special.

I was surprised by the quality Madonna was bringing, especially considering what she has been through just a couple of months ago.

Personal highlights: Nothing Really Matters, Live to Tell, Like a Prayer, Vogue, and especially Bad Girl.

Erotica and Justify My Love I really enjoyed as well, but it felt they were from a whole different show. A bit darker in tone, but that suits my taste just fine.

Minor personal points of criticism: The Beast Within, Don't Cry For Me Argentina and the Like a Virgin & Billie Jean mashup were unnecessary, although I understand how important DCFMA has been for Madonna herself. I really missed Frozen and Express Yourself. But hey, with almost 100 single releases to choose from you can't have everything.

I'm really glad and thankful I got to see Madonna perform again. She looked great, she sounded just fine and she still knows how to put on a fantastic show.

Wonderful review!! Thank you!!! 

Holiday & Everybody are my favorite Performances on this Tour. She dances a lot during Holiday and the I want Your Love part is so good. And i love her confidence when performing Everybody. Don't Tell Me was also really nice. At least thats what I think after seeing these performances in Berlin

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic