The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

22 hours ago, Anonna said:

Can you consider catching one of her forthcoming North American shows? It is much closer from you in Brazil than Lisbon (or Europe for that matter). She will also play Mexico City — even closer and no jet lag whatsoever.

I hope you will be able to make it, amigo!

I was thinking about this, just gotta be sure that tickets will still be available by January/febraury, since I won’t be able to buy them by now

For me it’s not a problem if she rely on playback for most parts. She do this since the beginning, many songs on the BA weren’t live at all, not even with her voice in the background. I except this now that is not young anymore, even if her dancing steps are much simpler. I think this is obvious for her, I don’t understand why someone complain about it. I understand the pleasure to see a live singer, but after 40 years this is not a news at all. I prefer a good quality show with playback in some parts that a live show with bad voice like the sticky and sweet. 

P.s. yesterday some part were live while in the first night weren’t. So I think it depends also if her voice is in shape that night.

42 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

Do we know who designed all of the tour outfits yet? I know Versace did the mirrored body suit because I saw it on their Instagram page, but who did the rest?

Versace , Vetement and JPG

Gaultier is the Kimono gown and the Black corset. And Vetement I think the rest

3 hours ago, missberic said:

But the actual live show is a trainwreck, I'm sorry.

People weren't dancing not because they weren't fans but because songs would just end abruptly.

If you watch Holiday clips with no sound it actually looks like a funeral.

Anyway, I know a lot of members here like to think this is great "for her age" or that we should embrace it because she almost died but I'm not impressed by it. 

Trainwreck is such an unfair and harsh way to call this current show. The 2022 Colombia performance was one of her all time worst, but we kinda know she really didn't want to do it so rehearsals were rushed; hence the result.

When have middle aged Londoners shown they're having fun at a pop concert? It's not about who's performing, it's in their genes  :rainbow: Same for other Northern European countries.

I think Holiday is cute in the first section... considering what's coming next it makes total sense.

It's ok to not feel impressed by her today's standards. But I don't think it's a matter of embracing her age... it really feels like a Madonna show. There is a clear reason she opted for changing the formula with Madame X as Rebel Heart was the last tour that followed the same template created by her more than 30 years ago. So it was natural for her to grow tired of it. It's ok to let her experiment with new things onstage.

With Madonna you can't have it all. It's always been like this.

47 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

Do we know who designed all of the tour outfits yet? I know Versace did the mirrored body suit because I saw it on their Instagram page, but who did the rest?

https://wwd.com/pop-culture/celebrity-news/madonnas-celebration-tour-looks-versace-vetements-jean-paul-gaultier-1235877228/?utm_campaign=Facebook-WWD&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR0WXRrsGyJdwzdguQja80p0-8odDzWArFAQnHaOukal10oTnRQvrv29enw

7 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

Omg thank you. There is so much I really enjoy about this show I don't want to nitpick, BUT yeah...please do ANYTHING else.

A solo Like a Virgin performance like the one from Rebel Heart Tour would work wonders before Bitch I'm Madonna to warm up the audience with a sing a long. She doesn't need to dance like a maniac, it would work with her just walking and interecting with people.

58 minutes ago, ron92 said:

For me it’s not a problem if she rely on playback for most parts. She do this since the beginning, many songs on the BA weren’t live at all, not even with her voice in the background. I except this now that is not young anymore, even if her dancing steps are much simpler. I think this is obvious for her, I don’t understand why someone complain about it. I understand the pleasure to see a live singer, but after 40 years this is not a news at all. I prefer a good quality show with playback in some parts that a live show with bad voice like the sticky and sweet. 

P.s. yesterday some part were live while in the first night weren’t. So I think it depends also if her voice is in shape that night.

So wrong,  Blonde Ambition was definiteley live most  part of the show, only Vogue , Express yourself ( some shows) and maybe Where is the party were lipped. Sure some songs had a backing track in some parts but still live.

And celebration tour is definiteley not a playback show, you can clearly hear her singing on alot of the songs. Singing live to a backing track is still singing live. People act like she can't sing, i mean have you heard I will survive , and the Little Star accapella (1st night) she sounded amazing. 

And that video posted above were she cough, you can clearly hear her voice getting louder when she starts singing again over the backing track. 

4 hours ago, EgoRod said:

About singing live (with backing vocals)

You can hear she cough here at some point:

Perfect example of singing to a backing track. You can clearly hear when she starts singing again, if you can't hear it i suggest you go check your ears.  I have no idea why people say its  a playback show, while it's not, some songs are live ( la isla bonita, mother and father, i will survive) i think... And most of them are live with a backing track... 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)