The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

30 minutes ago, Lorx said:

I don't think she will. In the tours where she made changes (RHT), she started making them after at least 5-6 stops. Maybe she needs to get a bit bored before deciding to change

Do you know what the original places in the setlist for Oh Father and Sorry were?

Honestly, Open Your Heart should come after Vogue instead of Human Nature and Crazy For You after that. It makes more sense to have the "peep show" song in that segment.

Burning Up would have been more exciting if it was a medley with Lucky Star or Material Girl.

5 minutes ago, RebelMe said:

Stuart Price do wonders mixing M songs. I think  his new tour version of Into the Groove became my favorite mix of the song. The synths are amaaaaaazing 

I was never too big on the song and this version really didn’t help. It sounded extremely flat but maybe I haven’t heard a good audio so far.

I still cannot believe she finally performed Nothing Really Matters and Everybody on tour after all these years of me begging for these. And now they are opening the tour back to back. 😂 That alone keeps me from complaining about other aspects of the show.

Still, I think this show really could have benefited from more shortened versions and medleys. Just to keep everyone somewhat satisfied.

9 hours ago, Immaculate said:

Great videos 😍

Not to beat a dead horse, but seeing this video of Open Your Heart still makes me paranoid about those screens 😶

I’ll be sitting in the second row of the lower bowl in between the middle and end stage, but it still seems like the view could be blocked for certain parts of the show when the screens are all the way down. It’s such a bizarre choice

3 hours ago, jesus said:

the Huff Post made a compilation of the opening night reviews' highlights

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/madonna-celebration-tour-reviews_uk_652d0579e4b03b213b068980

So basically almost every review criticized the flow and narrative of the show. And I think down the line this is what will stand out negatively about this tour: people may like and dislike the performances, outfits and setlist, but the awkward continuity of the concert will be its indisputable issue.

Tbh it's better than having the reviews focus on a lack of dancing, heavy autotune and embarrassing jokes like we had on previous tours. At least she's being celebrated and I guess that's what the show is about.

1 hour ago, sethrox101 said:

Not to beat a dead horse, but seeing this video of Open Your Heart still makes me paranoid about those screens 😶

I’ll be sitting in the second row of the lower bowl in between the middle and end stage, but it still seems like the view could be blocked for certain parts of the show when the screens are all the way down. It’s such a bizarre choice

Was she wearing butt pads in B* I'm Madonna?

https://www.vogue.com/slideshow/madonna-celebration-tour-costume-designer-interview

For the most part, Yohannes and Melssen created and designed all of Madonna’s costumes themselves, though they also enlisted designers such as Donatella Versace, Jean Paul Gaultier, and Dilara Findikoglu to create special one-off looks for her, too. “We wanted to reference everything that she’s done, and make something new out of that,” says Melssen. “We created a whole new world.”

Screenshot_20231017_140914_Chrome.thumb.jpg.de169e1cfe8f317e1e3ed4d0da807468.jpg0-1.thumb.jpeg.3a6b78d918ecb9195b4ceae44b192c2b.jpegyfiYs1OQ.thumb.jpeg.6227c2956343b3f43244244b3c9c54ef.jpeg40091053_MSilver.thumb.jpg.b7ffe07ce6585677887e1ef8a1396b8f.jpgAvQv1XrB.thumb.jpeg.6d41b2e0387e604ff0187db6ca663074.jpeg

kP8v7adi.jpeg

5 minutes ago, PlasticLimbo said:

https://www.vogue.com/slideshow/madonna-celebration-tour-costume-designer-interview

For the most part, Yohannes and Melssen created and designed all of Madonna’s costumes themselves, though they also enlisted designers such as Donatella Versace, Jean Paul Gaultier, and Dilara Findikoglu to create special one-off looks for her, too. “We wanted to reference everything that she’s done, and make something new out of that,” says Melssen. “We created a whole new world.”

Screenshot_20231017_140914_Chrome.thumb.jpg.de169e1cfe8f317e1e3ed4d0da807468.jpg0-1.thumb.jpeg.3a6b78d918ecb9195b4ceae44b192c2b.jpegyfiYs1OQ.thumb.jpeg.6227c2956343b3f43244244b3c9c54ef.jpeg40091053_MSilver.thumb.jpg.b7ffe07ce6585677887e1ef8a1396b8f.jpgAvQv1XrB.thumb.jpeg.6d41b2e0387e604ff0187db6ca663074.jpeg

kP8v7adi.jpeg

This artist named Justin Teodoro that I follow on insta just posted that he was the illustrator for the costume dept, and did the sketches above. He’s been a near-lifelong M fan so he’s super excited about having been involved.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cygan2wu_Ky/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

He also did the Erotica anniversary lithographs.

1 minute ago, sara94 said:

I know her cataloge is huge and its almost impossible to perform all the hits / fan faves but i can't believe there's no Express Yourself in the Setlist. Also Frozen. My hope is that she will rotate. 

I think a chorus of frozen would have worked well at the end of rain. When rain ends and it’s the drums crashing frozen would have been excellent kicking in with her exiting the stage then saying if I could melt your heart. 

21 minutes ago, sara94 said:

I know her cataloge is huge and its almost impossible to perform all the hits / fan faves but i can't believe there's no Express Yourself in the Setlist. Also Frozen. My hope is that she will rotate. 

I think that Frozen was so well made in the Madame X that I really don’t feel the miss. Too bad for EY, not even mentioned in an interlude.

48 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

This artist named Justin Teodoro that I follow on insta just posted that he was the illustrator for the costume dept, and did the sketches above. He’s been a near-lifelong M fan so he’s super excited about having been involved.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cygan2wu_Ky/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

He also did the Erotica anniversary lithographs.

@justinteodoro on IG

Screenshot_20231017_151120_Instagram.thumb.jpg.74ce797d7ef2bc3afd780e008c3a50f2.jpg

1 hour ago, PlasticLimbo said:

yfiYs1OQ.thumb.jpeg.6227c2956343b3f43244244b3c9c54ef.jpeg

I'm very excited about this tour. The overall concept, the music, the positivity and celebration.... 

The fashion tho... the fashion is very questionable IMHO. It looks like a Madonna/Halloween dress up party and Nancy just puts on some lingerie cuz that's soooo Madonna. Even the Gaultier corset and the beginning corset... it just seems Party City knock off.... not the real deal. 

Oh well rant over. 

4 hours ago, MattyMads said:

Random thought what would happen say Bob became ill and couldn’t perform? I wonder if they have contingency plans as he big part of show isn’t he, his dialogues either weren’t pre recorded 

I wondered this after I heard an interview recently where he said he loses his voice very easily... big ang mob wives trust no one GIF

And I was on the fence at first but think he fits in just fine. 

Who are we kidding? Estere is probably waiting backstage with a handful of pearls for him to walk by and fully take over that segment.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)