Thoughts about Madonna starring in a horror story?

Madge's Fan

First off, I just remembered about this website again and have a lot to discuss with fellow fans. The last time madonna was in a movie or acting role was decades ago. I always enjoyed the queen in any movie she starred in. I always wondered how she would do in a horror fling? Probably in a movie where she's probably the villainess. Thoughts? 

Just now, Unruhe said:

I'd love her to be in a horror movie. Not as a villain though, maybe in a psychological horror film, some of the A24 movies. Could you see her in Hereditary, or Midsommar??

Same i love both, Madonna and horror movies so that'll be such a treat. In my perspective she'll pull off the role of a 1950s charming vamp really well. Also love the idea of a psychological horror movie. Haven't seen any of these yet. 

Cat People

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0034587/?ref_=tt_sims_tt_t_1

But keeping it Noir cinema and not like the 80s remake.

"Serbian national Irena Dubrovna, a fashion sketch artist, has recently arrived in New York for work. The first person who she makes a personal connection with there is marine engineer Oliver Reed. The two fall in love and get married despite Irena's reservations, not about Oliver but about herself. She has always felt different than other people, but has never been sure why. She lives close to the zoo, and unlike many of her neighbors is comforted by the sounds of the big cats emanating from the zoo. And although many see it purely as an old wives' tale, she believes the story from her village of ancient residents being driven into witchcraft and evil doing, those who managed to survive by escaping into the mountains. After seeing her emotional pain, Oliver arranges for her to see a psychiatrist to understand why she believes what she does. In therapy, Dr. Judd, the psychiatrist, learns that she also believes, out of that villagers' tale, that she has descended from this evil - women who change into great cats like panthers in passion, anger or jealousy - and that she will turn into a such a dangerous big cat upon being kissed in turn killing her lover and others who have betrayed her."

I miss Madonna the actress, especially because when she was acting in a movie, as a main role, it was inspiring her in all aspects of her art for the current/next musical era ; look wise, musically wise, personna wise etc... This is something i rarely see bein discussed but it often crosses my mind. Since she gave up acting, something is missing in my opinion. I'm still surprised she gave it up, she's not one to do so, especially since she's always been clear that she loves acting and that she's always dreamt of being a big Hollywood actress. I hope one day there's a film director who succeeds to make her change her mind.

10 hours ago, Madge's Fan said:

First off, I just remembered about this website again and have a lot to discuss with fellow fans. The last time madonna was in a movie or acting role was decades ago. I always enjoyed the queen in any movie she starred in. I always wondered how she would do in a horror fling? Probably in a movie where she's probably the villainess. Thoughts? 

I think it would only work out if it's a Rob Zombie movie. 

I miss Madonna the actress as well. She was never a great actress, but with the right scripts and the right director, she managed to give decent performances (A League of Their Own, Dangerous Game/Sneaky Eyes, Evita).

She was criticized too harshly. It's true that sometimes her acting was mediocre, but it's also true that she chose the wrong films. I'm sorry she decided to leave acting for this reason.

Today, it's hard to imagine her acting again. If she were to do it, I hope she doesn't choose a horror film because unfortunately, the horror genre is made up of 95% low-quality films. She would end up making a bad impression once again and being remembered as a poor actress. So I hope she'd choose a good film, perhaps not a big Hollywood production, not a Marvel film.

It's also worth noting that her face is now much less expressive, which would make acting even more challenging for her, except in certain specific roles. So many great directors would not want her, I guess.

Alternatively, if she continues on the path of directing, I would like to see her take on a small acting role while directing at the same time.

7 hours ago, DickTracy said:

I want her to do a dramatic series as someone totally not glamorous. idk why but I do. 

I'd like to see this as well.  Drop the glamour and perfection. Do something so unlike herself.  I think Dangerous Game/Snake Eyes was heading that direction. It's just such an awful film.