Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

On 12/9/2020 at 7:12 PM, felipe929 said:

Lets just hopes it's not a Reinvention Tour situation where they really missed the time window to release it before she ventures into another project. The uploading of the doc on YT is a good sign that Madame X is very much alive <3

Cof Cof her biopic Cof Cof :Madonna021:

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Ariana took a whole year to release that so I don’t think Madonna is taking that long to be honest.

The Madame X Tour ended in March so it’s probably not coming before March 2021.

It really feels like these days concert specials take forever to come out in case they even get taped, which also is a rare thing today, thanks God M keeps doing this...

Ari has taken a year to release her show, same with Shakira last year; Britney, Gaga and Rihanna haven't released a tour DVD in almost 10 years, just some examples. I feel like concert specials, for some reason, were easier to tape and release a decade ago and now things seem more complicated, it's really sad because these should be a key part in every popstar's career.

I'm just happy Madonna still finds a way to do it even if we have to wait for a year, other fanbases have it WAY worse, and I can speak as a Britney fan too.

Edited by Adriabs (see edit history)

Concerts take forever nowadays. I remember JT's 20/20 Tour didn't come out on Netflix until 1.5 years after it ended, Pink's Beautiful Trauma Tour is supposedly still gonna be released and it's been over a year since it ended, Stevie Nicks just released her show on Blu-ray after the tour ended 3 years ago. 

So yeah...I'm guessing Q2 2021 for Madame X. 

1 hour ago, musicinferno said:

Concerts take forever nowadays. I remember JT's 20/20 Tour didn't come out on Netflix until 1.5 years after it ended, Pink's Beautiful Trauma Tour is supposedly still gonna be released and it's been over a year since it ended, Stevie Nicks just released her show on Blu-ray after the tour ended 3 years ago. 

So yeah...I'm guessing Q2 2021 for Madame X. 

On Pink's Beautiful Trauma shows in London which were taped for release I signed document that I agree being on DVD. And still waiting for release :D 

I read an article some time ago saying most artists with the means still film and document their most important live performances, including their concert tours, but I think with physical media sales dropping, most don't bother releasing them at all, I'm glad to see this resurrection happening on streaming services.

But yeah, I think we're lucky we have all but one tour fully released commercially at one point or the other. We saw her supervising the MX Tour editing, I don't think it's going the way of the RIT, it will just come #soon.

After all what remains when an artist is gone, is the legacy on DVD / streaming whatever. I can't understand artists like Lady Gaga that have only 1 or 2 tours officially released. The Spice Girls did their most huge stage show on 2019 and it's not well documented. Having platforms like Netflix, Youtube, that will be perfect for the releases and legacy of the artist, for me it seems lazy and not smart, not releasing that material. 

We can't complain about Madonna... every show is documented, even Blond and Re-Invention as a documentary. I just think that the timming with her is boring, with really long gaps between every little project, that make us waiting forever and when the product is released, we lost the interest or we are tired and we moved on. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 minutes ago, Monsieur Hugo X said:

I feel like the Madame X Tour Film have been scrapped too :Madonna004:

I know you do and I personally don’t think it has. She takes ages to release concert films and it’s literally part of her contract to release this.

It’s unlikely that it’s going to be another Re-Invention Tour case because that was scrapped due to the mess witn Caresse Henry and Hamish Hamilton. Both her and Ricardo Gomes have teased the Madame X Tour frequently.

3 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I know you do and I personally don’t think it has. She takes ages to release concert films and it’s literally part of her contract to release this.

It’s unlikely that it’s going to be another Re-Invention Tour case because that was scrapped due to the mess witn Caresse Henry and Hamish Hamilton. Both her and Ricardo Gomes have teased the Madame X Tour frequently.

I'm sorry can you spill some tea on that Caresse Henry and Hamish Hamilton thing? I don't know anything about that :Madonna038:

Guest Nobody Knows Me
28 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

I'm sorry can you spill some tea on that Caresse Henry and Hamish Hamilton thing? I don't know anything about that :Madonna038:

Basically Hamish Hamilton was hired to direct a live CBS broadcast of one of the European shows. The broadcast ultimately never materialised because Madonna wanted the broadcast to run without commercials and they refused. I'm pretty sure he later filed a lawsuit against her stating that she owed him more money for directing and production fees.

Caresse Henry was in charge of the scrapped 20th anniversary box set in 2003 and Madonna later mentioned a box set of all of the tours in 2005 which also would have been handled by Caresse. Liz Rosenberg confirmed that the Re-Invention Tour would be part of the box set in a Q&A but plans (again) fell through and the box set was scrapped.
Madonna later fired Caresse Henry because she was having an affair with a bodyguard. I think Caresse was executive producer of the show so Madonna probably didn't want her making any money off her. After Caresse was fired everything she was involved in was just forgotten, including the scrapped box set plans and the tour collection that Madonna talked about in 2005.

I'm not sure if this is all 100% correct but that's what I've gathered from reading sources over the years.

:Madonna033:

5 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Basically Hamish Hamilton was hired to direct a live CBS broadcast of one of the European shows. The broadcast ultimately never materialised because Madonna wanted the broadcast to run without commercials and they refused. I'm pretty sure he later filed a lawsuit against her stating that she owed him more money for directing and production fees.

Caresse Henry was in charge of the scrapped 20th anniversary box set in 2003 and Madonna later mentioned a box set of all of the tours in 2005 which also would have been handled by Caresse. Liz Rosenberg confirmed that the Re-Invention Tour would be part of the box set in a Q&A but plans (again) fell through and the box set was scrapped.
Madonna later fired Caresse Henry because she was having an affair with a bodyguard. I think Caresse was executive producer of the show so Madonna probably didn't want her making any money off her. After Caresse was fired everything she was involved in was just forgotten, including the scrapped box set plans and the tour collection that Madonna talked about in 2005.

I'm not sure if this is all 100% correct but that's what I've gathered from reading sources over the years.

Wow I didn't even knew about the tour collection! That would've been great for sure. What a shame!

Thank you!!

6 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Thanks - do you have any idea the footage that leaked from Lisbon who was in charge of filming that? I have a feeling I remember reading that the deal with Hamish Hamilton fell through before the Lisbon shows were recorded and the filming ended up getting orchestrated/directed by her tour production manager Chris Lamb  - the guy who is known as the hat guy?? Have heard people say Jonas was involved with the filming in Lisbon but can't see that being true comparing the quality and style of the footage in the documentary to the quality and style of the footage from Lisbon?  I know Hamish Hamilton was saying really close to the filming of Lisbon how it was going to be the best show of the tour and so onto maybe he did direct what got filmed there and then it never got edited properly as the deal fell through and remember reading she did not pay him so he filed a lawsuit etc?

Guest Nobody Knows Me
15 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

Thanks - do you have any idea the footage that leaked from Lisbon who was in charge of filming that? I have a feeling I remember reading that the deal with Hamish Hamilton fell through before the Lisbon shows were recorded and the filming ended up getting orchestrated/directed by her tour production manager Chris Lamb  - the guy who is known as the hat guy?? Have heard people say Jonas was involved with the filming in Lisbon but can't see that being true comparing the quality and style of the footage in the documentary to the quality and style of the footage from Lisbon?  I know Hamish Hamilton was saying really close to the filming of Lisbon how it was going to be the best show of the tour and so onto maybe he did direct what got filmed there and then it never got edited properly as the deal fell through and remember reading she did not pay him so he filed a lawsuit etc?

Christopher Lamb was in charge of the Lisbon footage and you’re right, the CBS deal was scrapped before the concerts were even filmed. The only thing I know about Jonas being involved with the Lisbon footage is that he used some of it for the concert footage in I’m Going to Tell You a Secret. The corset was even colour corrected in some shots to match the lilac one she wore in the Paris concerts. I wish they shot the full Paris show though. That footage was gorgeous. I’m pretty sure the concert exists fully edited though. It was just never released unfortunately. 

Thanks - I never noticed in the I'm Going To Tell You a Secret footage that there was footage from Lisbon I thought it was all from Paris  -  but not surprised Jonas would have done a great edit job so you would not notice unlike the last couple of DVD's where it's obvious one shot to the next the footage is from different stops on the tour  

• RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic