Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

So…what's next?

MARCH

Crazy For You - March 2, 1985
One More Chance - March 7, 1996 (maybe with the remaining LDLHA remixes?)
Another Suitcase In Another Hall - March 18, 1997 (maybe with the Buenos Aires remixes?)
Live To Tell - March 26, 1986

APRIL

Angel - April 10, 1985

JUNE

Papa Don't Preach - June 11, 1986 (possibly pushed back to June 30th to coincide with the True Blue anniversary)
This Used To Be My Playground - June 16, 1992
Who's That Girl - June 23, 1987

JULY

Into The Groove - July 15, 1985
Dress You Up - July 24, 1985 (US)

12 hours ago, BoyToyMark said:

Slightly off topic, I have to say, I'm really grateful to have Has To Be, Cyber-Raga, History, Ring My Bell and It's So Cool on streaming.

It's great to have casual fans have the chance to experience the b-sides too. Fighting Spirit could be in there but I think History is stronger anyway.

Hi! Forgive the stupid question, but are Ring My Bell and It’s So Cool on streaming? I have all the other songs that you mentioned, but this is the first I’m hearing of those two. I searched Spotify and don’t see anything.

Are they only up in certain regions (I’m in the US) or am I being dumb and searching incorrectly 😂 Hoping it’s the latter haha

12 minutes ago, zephyr in the sky at night said:

Hi! Forgive the stupid question, but are Ring My Bell and It’s So Cool on streaming? I have all the other songs that you mentioned, but this is the first I’m hearing of those two. I searched Spotify and don’t see anything.

Are they only up in certain regions (I’m in the US) or am I being dumb and searching incorrectly 😂 Hoping it’s the latter haha

49 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

By the way, @Prayer, I hope they finally take this opportunity and actually fix the section for Keep It Together EP, it will forever hurt me being placed at albums section rather than at singles one.

You know eventually they will... eventually. Usually the fix more than one in one go.

Out already on Apple Music NZ:

600x600cc-60.jpg

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/ill-remember/1734497560

On the Albums section xddd Previews sound good and original sound, not boosted. The vinyl promo remixes sound a little worse, though, but nothing dramatic.

56 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

These are not available in the US.

desperately seeking susan madonna GIF

Interesting to note that It's so Cool without US streaming has about 630,000 streams while the lowest streaming song on the Celebration compilation is Everybody at 5,540,053 the highest is Material Girl at a whopping 416,503,661. Sure ISC isn't some brilliant pop song but I Imagine those numbers would be much higher if the US had access to these songs. 

To me, these old fashioned "overseas exclusives" don't do justice to the actual music in 2024. It was a neat little strategy to sell in 2009, I suppose. 

It was acceptable in the 90s. It was acceptable at the time. 

2 hours ago, luckypierre78 said:

This YouTube video for Live To Tell has the copyright saying it's on a Live To Tell album.  Maybe LTT is next ?

Yup. I was expecting it to come next.

2 hours ago, lennyleonard said:

Ok, credit must be given where it's due, that's an amazing release!

2 vinyl only remixes + the live track from TGS! AND they went with the most beautiful cover (imo) for the single, even if it's not the US one, the one they usually go with.

That's the reissue campaign we were once happy about!

+ Full size artwork (4000x4000):

603497824816.jpg

Now all she's gotta do is sing this with Nikki and Donna instead of Take A Bow and this song has finally gotten justice!

4 hours ago, MPowered said:

So…what's next?

MARCH

Another Suitcase In Another Hall - March 18, 1997 (maybe with the Buenos Aires remixes?)

APRIL

Angel - April 10, 1985

JUNE

Papa Don't Preach - June 11, 1986 (possibly pushed back to June 30th to coincide with the True Blue anniversary)

JULY

The YouTube copyright system is recognizing Live To Tell and Angel 🤫 with both being attributed to the respective singles as albums!

Just now, DickTracy said:

Fun Yes GIF by Lilly Singh

After Material Girl, these are totally expected. I‘m guessing they are having licensing issues with Crazy For You. But then again, the 40th anniversary next year is probably a more fitting occasion for that single, especially if they plan to include an unreleased song.

4 hours ago, MPowered said:

So…what's next?

MARCH

APRIL

Angel - April 10, 1985

JUNE

JULY

I‘m really looking forward to ANGEL ( Dance Mix) 

WHO‘S THAT GIRL (Extended and Dub Mix)

and CAUSING A COMMOTION (all Mixes, Dub & Edit) 

3 hours ago, DickTracy said:

These are not available in the US.

desperately seeking susan madonna GIF

Interesting to note that It's so Cool without US streaming has about 630,000 streams while the lowest streaming song on the Celebration compilation is Everybody at 5,540,053 the highest is Material Girl at a whopping 416,503,661. Sure ISC isn't some brilliant pop song but I Imagine those numbers would be much higher if the US had access to these songs. 

To me, these old fashioned "overseas exclusives" don't do justice to the actual music in 2024. It was a neat little strategy to sell in 2009, I suppose. 

It was acceptable in the 90s. It was acceptable at the time. 

It’s So Cool is on US Apple Music. It’s on the 68 track deluxe video version of Celebration.

RMB is currently missing from HC though. I still have it in my itunes from when I bought it years ago though.

6 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

It’s So Cool is on US Apple Music. It’s on the 68 track deluxe video version of Celebration.

RMB is currently missing from HC though. I still have it in my itunes from when I bought it years ago though.

So interesting - curious what else may be on iTunes but not Spotify.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW