"Back That Up" demo going viral on TikTok / official single release 2022/12/30 !

Askeroff

2 hours ago, Karma said:

Out this Friday according to a reliable insider from ATRL.

1. Back That Up To The Beat (demo version) 3:31

2. Back That Up To The Beat (sped up version) 3:12

℗ 2022 Boy Toy, Inc.

2022/12/30

YES!!! "DEMO" VERSION HOPEFULLY MEANS IT AND NOT REWORKED

The MX remix still missing tho, they are dropping a sped up version but not an officially released track sh... 🙄 But a victory anyways! 

3 hours ago, Karma said:

℗ 2022 Boy Toy, Inc.

2022/12/30

This kind of makes sense actually and would suggest that previous contracts with Interscope are still in place for the Madame X Version. As it was already released physically, they obviously have certain release rights for it for a certain period of time. However, if she is releasing the demo version which was never submitted to Interscope, she can just release it herself under the Boy Toy banner as it is a different recording.

For those whining about her releasing a demo which you've already had (illegally) for 8 years, it's not about you, it's about new listeners and raising her online profile which will benefit us all in the long run. Sped-up versions are very popular at the moment, they're not really about listening to the full song at that speed, but as ways to showcase dance videos or whatever on tic-toc. No need to complain if that's not your thing, it has a specific purpose. See RAYE's new single Escapism for example. 

I think this could do quite nicely for her.

9 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

This kind of makes sense actually and would suggest that previous contracts with Interscope are still in place for the Madame X Version. As it was already released physically, they obviously have certain release rights for it for a certain period of time. However, if she is releasing the demo version which was never submitted to Interscope, she can just release it herself under the Boy Toy banner as it is a different recording.

For those whining about her releasing a demo which you've already had (illegally) for 8 years, it's not about you, it's about new listeners and raising her online profile which will benefit us all in the long run. Sped-up versions are very popular at the moment, they're not really about listening to the full song at that speed, but as ways to showcase dance videos or whatever on tic-toc. No need to complain if that's not your thing, it has a specific purpose. See RAYE's new single Escapism for example. 

I think this could do quite nicely for her.

It's certainly quite interesting if that's the final tracklist and it's released under Boy Toy Inc. and not Warner:

- Means the 2012-2019 demos were NOT part of the Interscope deal, only the released versions/material. That opens a whole world of possibilities for the "Rebel Heart" demos, for instance.

- This will be the first release 100% owned and released by HER. Not Interscope, not Warner, just her. Means she's going to be making 100% of the money from this (to share with the co-writers, of course) and, since it's a viral hit, it can be another "Frozen" Sickick situation here, with millions of streams.

Interesting times! Let's see.

It will be interesting to see her streaming numbers rise with this.

Frozen Sickick did 2 million in the first week or so…

From ukmix:

Frozen (Sickick Remix) on Spotify
Day 01: 181,592 (including the first 3,595 from AU/NZ)
Day 02: 354,611 (+173,019)
Day 03: 509,503 (+154,892)
Day 04: 674,244 (+164,741)
Day 05: 842,685 (+168,441)
Day 06: 1,009,811 (+167,126)
Day 07: 1,191,378 (+181,567)
Day 08: 1,373,926 (+182,548)
Day 09: 1,542,510 (+168,584)
Day 10: 1,699,407 (+156,897)
Day 11: 1,880,969 (+181,562)
Day 12: 2,071,340 (+190,371) *new peak*

1 minute ago, moloko said:

i don't believe it, until she post this on Instagram 

Me neither.  Didn't some bogus Popjustice twitter account claim a week or so back,  it was being released Dec 30th?  Also, I don't believe she's releasing a "slow" and "sped" up version either.  To me, it's an awful idea.  Just release the demo or MX version to digital and streaming services. 

3 minutes ago, Askeroff said:

yeah the so source is pretty reliable

really wanna see the cover, guess we find out everything tomorrow with Australia/nz release

she must announce it tonight  

Apparently it’s a instagramish cover with a stick in the corner that says original demo or something 

If it's true, she's possibly capitalizing on what is exactly going viral, but I have a feeling another version will be released in January along with a video.  She did the same with the Sickick's Frozen mix.  She first released the viral version and then started releasing alternate versions of that.

Just now, tscott said:

If it's true, she's possibly capitalizing on what is exactly going viral, but I have a feeling another version will be released in January along with a video.  She did the same with the Sickick's Frozen mix.  She first released the viral version and then started releasing alternate versions of that.

I agree. There will definitely be more versions coming in the new year. I am very excited for this year of Madonna. I have high hopes for a Tour, First Reissue, New Songs, Back That Up releases. 

7 hours ago, Karma said:

℗ 2022 Boy Toy, Inc.

2022/12/30

I mean, its not the birthday present that I'd request but I'll take it!

Hungry Cake GIF

On 12/22/2022 at 8:06 AM, Gambler said:

This has been posted by Pop Crave on Twitter 

I said "Popjustice" earlier but I meant Pop Crave.  For some reason, I thought someone said this was a troll account.  Anyway, I feel like the claim it's being released this Friday, came from this. 

• Askeroff changed the title to "Back That Up" demo going viral on TikTok / official single release 2022/12/30 !
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic