The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

1 minute ago, scion said:

I just can’t imagine her actually singing it now… I love the song but it feels very much of an era long gone… same with Gambler.

maybe she can use elements of Causing a Commotion for Into the Groove since they're like sister songs in a way. As you said before, Gambler likelihood of being performed is very low

2 hours ago, MPowered said:

It was allegedly a tiny snippet at the end of Vogue. She said it was Kevin Antunes favourite song and he tried to convince her to sing it. However, she feared people wouldn’t know it if she decided to dig it out after all these years.

But replaced it with Candy Shop and was confident everyone knew that one? :lol: 

1 hour ago, NothingReallyMatters said:

it was just an idea jeez

Oh sorry to be so dismissive, it is nothing personal. It is just that she hasn’t done the proper version of Into the Groove since 1990 so it would be great to get it in its original version again and in full. It’s 1 of her most iconic songs.

6 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Oh sorry to be so dismissive, it is nothing personal. It is just that she hasn’t done the proper version of Into the Groove since 1990 so it would be great to get it in its original version again and in full. It’s 1 of her most iconic songs.

And we know it's one of the songs alongside Sorry that she “hates” because they make her feel “retarded”. 💀 Maybe that is why she hasn’t performed them as much. The S&S version was pretty cute though.

But replaced it with Candy Shop and was confident everyone knew that one? :lol: 

Her obsession with that song is beyond shameless. She even considered performing it with the Kalakan trio, possibly in that Basque segment. 💀💀💀 It’s in one of those Behind the Scenes extras on the BluRay.

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

And we know it's one of the songs alongside Sorry that she “hates” because they make her feel “retarded”. 💀 Maybe that is why she hasn’t performed them as much. The S&S version was pretty cute though.

That was over 15 years ago when she said that. She can't do a greatest hits tour without Into the Groove surely?

51 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

That was over 15 years ago when she said that. She can't do a greatest hits tour without Into the Groove surely?

Obviously not, but is she gonna honor it with a full performance? 

Anyway I just thought about CAC again and honestly the only time I could have imagined her performing it was 2008/9. Had she taken the boxing theme a little further, Causing a Commotion would have been the perfect choice and a nice surprise.

Ugh, I hated the S&S version of ITG, but I'm one of those people that really loved the bagpipe bridge at RIT. I would say ITG is kind of a given, where it comes to greatest hits that's surely in the top 10 of Madonna Essentials. I'm just gonna keep on repeating throwing rescue me into the universe as well as Rain. I would love it if she would throw just a few lesser known singles in the mix and Rain is such a beautiful composition it could really make the GP start appreciating her catalogue more. And I just really wanna hear her sing it again, same as Cherish but I kind of made my peace with that one lol

26 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

The more i think about it the more I realise they’ll have to be a few medleys. Otherwise she just won’t cover things properly.

Exactly…it’s impossible to even think of a 25 song (pretty much the absolute maximum we can expect)  setlist that covers 4 decades (3 cause her last was not worth mentioning really).

55 minutes ago, MPowered said:

covers 4 decades (3 cause her last was not worth mentioning really).

MADAME-XCUSE ME?????? :gasp:

What about these masterpieces??? 

Cheerleader anthem Gimme All Ur Luv'n??? :Madonna032:

Smash hit solo Girl Gone Wild??? :Madonna025:

Falling in love anthem Living For Love??? :Madonna023:

Bitch I'm Madonna, the hymn of a generation (that was never born)??? :Madonna016:

I Rise the self proclaimed best gay anthem ever??? :salty:

I Don't Search I Find aka the new better Vogue??? :Madonna029:

The best song to ever have both the words Bitch and Loca in the title??? :Madonna039:

Shocked by such ignorance omg 

2 hours ago, MPowered said:

Exactly…it’s impossible to even think of a 25 song (pretty much the absolute maximum we can expect)  setlist that covers 4 decades (3 cause her last was not worth mentioning really).

Not really,  look at the one I posted a few pages back. It covers pretty much everything needed in a Greatest Hits Tour in less than 25 songs. Even includes every single song from The Immaculate Collection..

Justify My Love/Rescue Me (Intro)

Vogue (excerpts of Express Yourself)

Open Your Heart 

Lucky Star 

Music

Fever (Interlude)

Ray of Light

Beautiful Stranger 

Frozen 

Drowned World 

Material Girl / Like a Virgin (Interlude)

La Isla Bonita 

Into The Groove 

Cherish 

Borderline 

Crazy For You

Take A Bow 

4 Minutes (Interlude)

Causin a Commotion

Everybody 

Don’t Tell Me

Secret

Papa Don’t Preach (String Introduction)

Live To Tell 

Like a Prayer 

Holiday / I Rise (Outro part only) 

Encore:

Dress You Up (Guitar)

Hung Up

Celebration

On 2/4/2023 at 10:47 AM, scion said:

She struggles big time with Take a Bow though, even lowered.

I’d love You’ll See, but wasn’t dropped from DWT due to vocal strain?

Quite the opposite actually. Gone was dropped temporarily while her vocals rested. That's why You'll See was only performed in a few cities.

Side note: it was an absolute gem that I got experience the full surprise when she sang it in Philadelphia for the first time. The crowd went nuts. 

Took a stab at a set list. I tried to take into consideration the flow/pace of the show, including as many hits across 4 decades as possible, and a balance of upbeat dance tracks with more downtempo ones. Plus I wanted to have some non-hit fan favorites. Critiques welcome.

PART 1

•Everybody (ending with “We can make ya dance, we can make your body last all night” bit from Where’s the Party)

•Into the Groove (with elements of Get Together and a Causing a Commotion breakdown section)

•Beautiful Stranger 

•Express Yourself (with “express yourself don’t repress yourself” from Human Nature)

•Back That Up To The Beat (short and directly into….)

•Music (keeping some of the same beat from BTUTTB but mixing in some of the Music instrumental)

INTERLUDE- Erotica (elements of Justify My Love)

PART 2 

•Like a Virgin (piano ballad intro into a dance version)

•Rescue Me

•Open Your Heart

•Nothing Really Matters (elements of Living for Love)

•Live To Tell

•Like A Prayer

INTERLUDE- 4 Minutes (instrumental)

PART 3

•Rebel Heart (demo version)

•Borderline 

•Don’t Tell Me

•Rain

•WIFLFAG/Secret/You’ll See/Another Suitcase… (changing nightly for those of us at multiple shows)

•Power of Goodbye

INTERLUDE - Papa Don’t Preach (strings only/dance interlude)

•Lucky Star (dedicated to her fans)

•Deeper & Deeper

•Ray of Light

•Celebration

ENCORE - Vogue

ENCORE 2 - Holiday

Hopefully someone from the team is taking notes from everyone's setlist ideas. But could we please keep the setlists to their respective threads in the 2023 World Tour section? I love how everybody is getting creative, but those long lists kind of clutter this discussion thread. No harm intended! 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic