Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

Based upon news / observations of the past few days we have the following rumors / observations:

• Everybody (album version - heard in an IG video)
  • Crazy for You (sounds reinvented - heard on Twitter)
  • Bitch I'm Madonna (on paper)
  • Like a Virgin / Billy Jean (on paper)
  • Don't Tell Me (album version - heard on IG)
  • Nothing Really Matters (lyrics posted / DM confirmed)
  • Vogue (Bob confirmed)
  • Holiday (Bob confirmed)
  • A few tracks that were never singles ("setlist filled with her singles - with only a few exceptions")
  • 3 "classic" singles that have "never been performed on tour" (NRM, Bad Girl, and Bedtime Story)
  • Hollywood, American Life, and Rescue Me are not on the setlist (according to PopJustice)
  • At least 1 track from Confessions (according to PopJustice)
  • Potentially a 30 track setlist (seen on IG)

Assumed tracks based upon DM's teasers:

• Live to Tell
  • Nothing Really Matters
  • Ray of Light
  • Bad Girl
  • Oh Father
  • Die Another Day
  • Don't Tell Me
  • Rain
  • Bedtime Story
  • Erotica
  • Everybody
  • Sorry
  • Open Your Heart
  • Crazy for You
  • Give Me All Your Luvin (Why??)
  • Like a Prayer
  • A non-single from Rebel Heart that has NEVER been performed before (only possibilities: Hold Tight, Inside Out, Wash All Over Me, Auto-Tune Baby, Best Night, Veni Vidi Vici, Messiah, Beautiful Scars, Borrowed Time, Addicted, Graffiti Heart)
  • An older song that deals with losing her mother (only possibilities: Promise to Try or Inside of Me)
  • At least 3 covers: 1 she performed a long time ago (only possibilities: Imagine, Fever, Everybody is a Star, Billie Jean / Like a Virgin, A Family Affair, Just My Imagination, I Feel Love), 1 is a 70s classic seeming to relate to her health scare (maybe Stayin' Alive or I Will Survive or Born to be Alive), and 1 cover from a current artist she's collaborated with (I'm thinking Unholy since Sam Smith covered Human Nature or it could be a track by Beyonce or the Weekend)
  • 1 mashup of an older Madonna song with a late 70s track

Personal opinion, I don't think the "covers" will be full songs much like how she's done I Feel Love, Billie Jean, Just My Imagination, etc. I think it'll probably be in the bridge of a song, but that's just a guess.

If the 70s cover rumor proves to be true, I'm leaning toward Born to be Alive since she was supposed to be a backup singer on this song and I can see how the lyrics tie into her rise to stardom in dance clubs around the very late 70s in NYC.

35 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

Based upon news / observations of the past few days we have the following rumors / observations:

• Everybody (album version - heard in an IG video)
  • Crazy for You (sounds reinvented - heard on Twitter)
  • Bitch I'm Madonna (on paper)
  • Like a Virgin / Billy Jean (on paper)
  • Don't Tell Me (album version - heard on IG)
  • Nothing Really Matters (lyrics posted / DM confirmed)
  • Vogue (Bob confirmed)
  • Holiday (Bob confirmed)
  • A few tracks that were never singles ("setlist filled with her singles - with only a few exceptions")
  • 3 "classic" singles that have "never been performed on tour" (NRM, Bad Girl, and Bedtime Story)
  • Hollywood, American Life, and Rescue Me are not on the setlist (according to PopJustice)
  • At least 1 track from Confessions (according to PopJustice)
  • Potentially a 30 track setlist (seen on IG)

• Live to Tell
  • Nothing Really Matters
  • Ray of Light
  • Bad Girl
  • Oh Father
  • Die Another Day
  • Don't Tell Me
  • Rain
  • Bedtime Story
  • Erotica
  • Everybody
  • Sorry
  • Open Your Heart
  • Crazy for You
  • Give Me All Your Luvin (Why??)
  • Like a Prayer
  • A non-single from Rebel Heart that has NEVER been performed before (only possibilities: Hold Tight, Inside Out, Wash All Over Me, Auto-Tune Baby, Best Night, Veni Vidi Vici, Messiah, Beautiful Scars, Borrowed Time, Addicted, Graffiti Heart)
  • An older song that deals with losing her mother (only possibilities: Promise to Try or Inside of Me)
  • At least 3 covers: 1 she performed a long time ago (only possibilities: Imagine, Fever, Everybody is a Star, Billie Jean / Like a Virgin, A Family Affair, Just My Imagination, I Feel Love), 1 is a 70s classic seeming to relate to her health scare (maybe Stayin' Alive or I Will Survive or Born to be Alive), and 1 cover from a current artist she's collaborated with (I'm thinking Unholy since Sam Smith covered Human Nature or it could be a track by Beyonce or the Weekend)
  • 1 mashup of an older Madonna song with a late 70s track

Personal opinion, I don't think the "covers" will be full songs much like how she's done I Feel Love, Billie Jean, Just My Imagination, etc. I think it'll probably be in the bridge of a song, but that's just a guess.

If the 70s cover rumor proves to be true, I'm leaning toward Born to be Alive since she was supposed to be a backup singer on this song and I can see how the lyrics tie into her rise to stardom in dance clubs around the very late 70s in NYC.

Thank you for these every day! It helps my brain keep things straight.

3 hours ago, Shoful said:

This is Madonna we’re talking about. It’ll prob be disguised under “artists are here to disturb the peace” by constantly torturing her fans with shitty renditions :Madonna006:

And it’s for this very reason there are PLENTY of tickets still available, even her first night in the US has PLENTYYYYY of seats left, quite sad for a tour billed as a celebration of the music that put her there , but as long as the 5-7 people here keep thinking these renditions are show stoppers she’ll keep doing them, if these rumored renditions turn out to be true, I hope she gets the eye opening she needs, ,,bored audience, and MANY empty seats. 

4 minutes ago, Lilalo said:

And it’s for this very reason there are PLENTY of tickets still available, even her first night in the US has PLENTYYYYY of seats left, quite sad for a tour billed as a celebration of the music that put her there , but as long as the 5-7 people here keep thinking these renditions are show stoppers she’ll keep doing them, if these rumored renditions turn out to be true, I hope she gets the eye opening she needs, ,,bored audience, and MANY empty seats. 

I don't think it's because of the setlist. Casual fans have no idea what we know at the moment. That ticket availability (if what you say is true, I don't have the time to verify) could be because of late start times and cancellations from prior tours.

If I'm correct (I could be wrong), I think Beyonce ticket sales didn't go too fast initially until people started to see the show she was putting on, then everyone wanted to go. Granted, Beyonce draws a younger crowd but the same could happen hear.

I'm just glad she's doing songs we haven't heard before. I'm getting sick of Deeper and Deeper, Human Nature, Candy Shop and the like.

26 minutes ago, Lilalo said:

Dude we don’t care about the PLENTIES and the MANY don’t waste your and our time. 

Guys I just want to say the last few days have been an absolute blast reading through every post with every clue and every theory. Almost as exhilarating as a Madonna show itself! Part of me never wants it to stop 😂

Would be so into hearing I Will Survive or Staying Alive.

The mere thought of a Hung Up/Gimme Gimme mashup makes my gay heart flutter.

And personally I would love to hear her do Levitating. Adore that song, and the remix with her in it. I think the audience would light up too. Not to mention Stuart Price produced it. Having said that, I’m sure we’ll get Unholy which I’m not really into, but she loves Sam and they recorded Vulgar right after the Grammy drama with Unholy, right?

Regardless, can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings! Just a few more days! 🪩

5 minutes ago, zephyr in the sky at night said:

Guys I just want to say the last few days have been an absolute blast reading through every post with every clue and every theory. Almost as exhilarating as a Madonna show itself! Part of me never wants it to stop 😂

Would be so into hearing I Will Survive or Staying Alive.

The mere thought of a Hung Up/Gimme Gimme mashup makes my gay heart flutter.

And personally I would love to hear her do Levitating. Adore that song, and the remix with her in it. I think the audience would light up too. Not to mention Stuart Price produced it. Having said that, I’m sure we’ll get Unholy which I’m not really into, but she loves Sam and they recorded Vulgar right after the Grammy drama with Unholy, right?

Regardless, can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings! Just a few more days! 🪩

IKR?! ❤️🔥

2 hours ago, dankpepe said:

• Everybody (album version - heard in an IG video) 👌 
  • Crazy for You (sounds reinvented - heard on Twitter) 👌 
  • Bitch I'm Madonna (on paper) 👌 
  • Like a Virgin / Billy Jean (on paper) 👌 
  • Don't Tell Me (album version - heard on IG) 👌 
  • Nothing Really Matters (lyrics posted / DM confirmed) 👌 
  • Vogue (Bob confirmed) 🥱
  • Holiday (Bob confirmed) 🥱 
  • A few tracks that were never singles ("setlist filled with her singles - with only a few exceptions") 👌 
  • 3 "classic" singles that have "never been performed on tour" (NRM, Bad Girl, and Bedtime Story) 👌 
  • Hollywood, American Life, and Rescue Me are not on the setlist (according to PopJustice) 👌 
  • At least 1 track from Confessions (according to PopJustice) 🤮
  • Potentially a 30 track setlist (seen on IG) 👌 

• Live to Tell 🥱 
  • Nothing Really Matters 👌 
  • Ray of Light 🥱 
  • Bad Girl 👌 
  • Oh Father 👌 
  • Die Another Day 🥱 
  • Don't Tell Me 👌 
  • Rain 🥱 
  • Bedtime Story 👌 
  • Erotica 👌 
  • Everybody 👌 
  • Sorry 🤮 
  • Open Your Heart 🤮 
  • Crazy for You 👌 
  • Give Me All Your Luvin 👌 
  • Like a Prayer 🤮 
  • A non-single from Rebel Heart that has NEVER been performed before (Hold Tight) 👌 
  • An older song that deals with losing her mother (only possibilities: Mer Girl, Promise to Try or Inside of Me) 👌 
  • At least 3 covers: 1 she performed a long time ago (only possibilities: Imagine, Fever, Everybody is a Star, Billie Jean / Like a Virgin, A Family Affair, Just My Imagination, I Feel Love), 1 is a 70s classic seeming to relate to her health scare (maybe Stayin' Alive or I Will Survive or Born to be Alive), and 1 cover from a current artist she's collaborated with (I'm thinking Unholy since Sam Smith covered Human Nature or it could be a track by Beyonce or the Weekend) 🤮 
  • 1 mashup of an older Madonna song with a late 70s track 👌 

2 hours ago, Lilalo said:

Most of these US shows were nearly sold out before the reschedule. The reason there's so many available tickets is because people had to return their tickets because they couldn't make the new date. Every single one of those dates was nearly completely sold out right up to the day of her being rushed to the hospital. 

It would behove you to know the facts on a subject before speaking on the subject. 

5 minutes ago, Future Lover said:

Most of these US shows were nearly sold out before the reschedule. The reason there's so many available tickets is because people had to return their tickets because they couldn't make the new date. Every single one of those dates was nearly completely sold out right up to the day of her being rushed to the hospital. 

It would behove you to know the facts on a subject before speaking on the subject. 

Exactly! And I wouldn't worry about the rescheduled dates selling more tickets - there's still lots of time. With some heavy promotion (which Live Nation and Warner will push), they will sell. 

If I had to create a setlist from what we suspect, this is what I would come up with:

Nothing Really Matters (the Present)
Video montage: NYC circa 1978 (the Past)
Everybody / Everybody is a Star
Music
Open Your Heart
Into the Groove / Born to be Alive
Vogue

Crazy for You [interlude]

(even further in the past)
Oh Father
Like a Prayer
Promise to Try
Bad Girl
Unholy [cover]

Sorry [interlude]

some undetermined section which would include Erotica, Frozen, and Hung Up

Rain [interlude]

(the Present)
Live to Tell
Bedtime Story
Die Another Day
Don't Tell Me
Ray of Light

Give Me All Your Luvin' [interlude]

Veni Vidi Vici
Like a Virgin / Billie Jean
Holiday
Bitch I'm Madonna

from looking at this setlist, it doesn't look like there are many possible songs left, unless I"m wrong and this show is even longer than I assume

17 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

If I had to create a setlist from what we suspect, this is what I would come up with:

Nothing Really Matters (the Present)
Video montage: NYC circa 1978 (the Past)
Everybody / Everybody is a Star
Music
Open Your Heart
Into the Groove / Born to be Alive
Vogue

Crazy for You [interlude]

(even further in the past)
Oh Father
Like a Prayer
Promise to Try
Bad Girl
Unholy [cover]

Sorry [interlude]

some undetermined section which would include Erotica, Frozen, and Hung Up

Rain [interlude]

(the Present)
Live to Tell
Bedtime Story
Die Another Day
Don't Tell Me
Ray of Light

Give Me All Your Luvin' [interlude]

Veni Vidi Vici
Like a Virgin / Billie Jean
Holiday
Bitch I'm Madonna

from looking at this setlist, it doesn't look like there are many possible songs left, unless I"m wrong and this show is even longer than I assume

What about the Vogue ballroom section we saw rehearsed?