VULGAR

deathproof

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

Why do you have to rape everything I say on here ? Self involved much too ???

I do think he was just responding, but that being said, I do feel somewhat bad for you.  Why?  Because unlike some who come in here and just shit on everything she does, I feel that you were once a huge fan and don't want to let go.  You still are holding out for her to excite you the way she once did.  Unfortunately, it's been many years, and you still haven't been impressed.  Rather just let go, you come off a bit bitter and a Debbie Downer.  I'm not saying that to be insulting, but you obviously have to see some truth to that?  Why not jus take a break from her or at least the fan interactions?  It doesn't mean you have to completely disconnect from what you loved about her. It doesn't mean you have to stop following her completely or stop hoping for something you might enjoy from her.  It's just all the parade raining moments are getting old now.  It's coming off as if you are intentional trying to ruin it for everyone.  Not even healthy!  Anyway, I only hope for the best for you.  Good Luck with whatever you decide to do.  :)

7 hours ago, artlover said:

I've been reading this thread from the start and Jeez! How can gay men, who suffer from a lot of oppression themselves, mock a member of our community so willingly? You may not agree to the idea of "gender neutral" in politics or in language, although I don't see a proper "thing" for anyone to "agree to" or not for it is the reality, it's as if you don't agree with trees - that doesn't make sense. 

But anyway, you may not think it is a "morally acceptable" thing according to your morals, but that would make anyone who's gay, bi or anything in between a huge hypocrite. Christians say the same things about us and we've been fighting them. It's about time we embrace these new forms of living life. Sam is not my favorite singer either, but I truly, truly wish them a life of accomplishments, simple because I wish that to me too. 

You may have also a hard time with all the claims, names, identities and pronouns, but you'd do a big favor to all of us by not making fun of it. It's time to be an ally or a hater. Which side are you on?

LOVE this.  Peace man! Thanks for posting and recognizing what is real. :)

What is wrong with some of you people? I stepped away from the forum for a few months but decided to come back as she is now back on the charts and the tour is going to be kicking off soon. Anyways, you don't have to love Sam Smith or this song but can't we just be happy that Madonna is getting positive exposure? I have even seen people hating on her song with the Weeknd, which is genuinely the best thing she has done in awhile and is already a top 50 hit. There is a fine line between objective criticism and preferences to just blatantly delighting off of dragging everything she does, the negativity is a bit much sometimes.

9 hours ago, artlover said:

I've been reading this thread from the start and Jeez! How can gay men, who suffer from a lot of oppression themselves, mock a member of our community so willingly? You may not agree to the idea of "gender neutral" in politics or in language, although I don't see a proper "thing" for anyone to "agree to" or not for it is the reality, it's as if you don't agree with trees - that doesn't make sense. 

But anyway, you may not think it is a "morally acceptable" thing according to your morals, but that would make anyone who's gay, bi or anything in between a huge hypocrite. Christians say the same things about us and we've been fighting them. It's about time we embrace these new forms of living life. Sam is not my favorite singer either, but I truly, truly wish them a life of accomplishments, simple because I wish that to me too. 

You may have also a hard time with all the claims, names, identities and pronouns, but you'd do a big favor to all of us by not making fun of it. It's time to be an ally or a hater. Which side are you on?

Why do you think, people have to take sides just because they don't like an artist's song or appearance? Life is more than black and white - and it's up to you who you support. Or don't.

Vulgar is certainly interesting as performance art and certainly fits in gay clubs and LGBT events (I might even dance to it there, after some drinks) - but musically you would hardly put this song on a Madonna greatest hits without ruining it for the wider audience.

To support an artist just because he belongs to the community, even though you don't like him and his songs, I see as counterproductive. I prefer to support those whose music touches me. And if someone doesn't like Sam's chosen direction, there's nothing wrong with communicating that.

Pretending to like something or even keeping silent when you don't like something has absolutely nothing to do with support. That's (in this case) more like throwing your idol under the bus.

4 hours ago, Levon said:

Pretending to like something or even keeping silent when you don't like something has absolutely nothing to do with support. That's (in this case) more like throwing your idol under the bus.

I suggest you read my comment again, because nothing you've said has to do with what I wrote. 

7 hours ago, ackey Bitch I Love Madonna said:

The beginning was very promising but then... It went nowhere. Taking out the oriental sample is the worst idea. It's part of the dna of the song. There's not much musically going on in the original track, so if you take out one of the few main element like the oriental sample there's almost nothing left but something very dry and empty. 

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic