The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

I really think that Take A Bow would have been a better main set closer than Rain. That followed by the IDSIF interlude and BIM would be fine. Personally, I think Hung Up should be moved into the final segment. It just doesn’t work where it’s currently placed and it would elevate the last segment a bit imo.

3 minutes ago, McDonna said:

There's no rushness/abruptness. It's just all an illusion.  You can't accept that it's just a quick outro.  Much like the intro when Celebration is heard with Bob's monologue, mentioning Madonna and iconic songs. It's just the way it is!  Deal with it or you are going to be really disappointed hoping for it to change!  LOL!

You really need to stop being so god damn aggressive towards people criticizing the show. They have every right to say how they feel about it.

Please consider that this is a forum where people are free to voice their opinions and have a discussion.

2 minutes ago, missberic said:

I think once you understand that Celebration/Music is just an encore, that's why it's so short and she barely sings, it kinda makes sense. It's just that the build up to that moment is not that epic with Rain and Bitch I'm Madonna, but all the Madonnas onstage are actually a cute moment. But this is her weirdest ending since RIT's Holiday.

Is there another America we don't know of? :Madonna034:

Well bigger than everywhere else :)

Just now, MPowered said:

You really need to stop being so god damn aggressive towards people criticizing the show. They have every right to say how they feel about it.

Please consider that this is a forum where people are free to voice their opinions and have a discussion.

:ahh:No aggression intended. You're reading far more than I posted.  If anything, it's you who is being aggressive and have been many times to others in various topics.  You also have the habit of telling people to "shut up" all the time.  So maybe you should take your own advice? Considered yourself "ignored" from this point on.  I'm not here to fight with anyone. Just here to have a good time. 

BIM was literally covered by a KPOP band and the song was co-produced by SOPHIE when she was barely known.

I know a lot of you hate that song and you have every right to but as a younger fan I can assure you that it’s actually one of her more popular songs among the younger generation.

In addition to that, it’s also one pf the very few times Madonna was actually ahead of everyone in terms of genre/production. PCMusic became popular AFTER Madonna decided to bring that sound to the mainstream scene. Charli XCX among a few others are doing that sound NOW.

Part of the issue with her approach for this show is Hung Up-onwards, she tries to do a jukebox musical type of storytelling that absolutely comes at the expense of the music and appropriate sequencing.

It feels like she could still fit the story line with a few small changes:

- Rain where Human Nature / Crazy for You are, given that part is supposed to be about loving herself despite everything she’s going through

- Human Nature as the opener to the Die Another Day section as a response to everything she’s been through, followed by Die Another Day, and Don’t Tell Me

- Nix Mother and Father. It doesn’t work.

- Hung Up after Ray of Light

- Crazy for You after Hung Up as the main set ending and a dedication to the fans or whatever 

- Turn Bitch I’m Madonna into a more spruced up mix with the Celebration instrumental and proper inclusion of Music. Confetti.

Of course she could also include a few more classics, but based on what she has, these are some very small changes that could probably make for a much better experience for the audience.

11 minutes ago, MPowered said:

I really think that Take A Bow would have been a better main set closer than Rain. That followed by the IDSIF interlude and BIM would be fine. Personally, I think Hung Up should be moved into the final segment. It just doesn’t work where it’s currently placed and it would elevate the last segment a bit imo.

I don't know about "Take A Bow", really... it's just too slow and not in a moody way like "Bad Girl" is, for example or in a good romantic vibe way like "Rain". Plus vocally it's more demanding? I don't think it would work that well. Maybe she's saving it for the US leg, anyway? In the end it was only a super smash hit there, not in Europe.

I liked "Hung Up" on its current place cause it lifts up things a little bit after all the "Erotica" and "Justify My Love" slowing down! It balances that whole act. That was a big issue for me on the "Madame X Tour" and it's not happening on this tour, thank God. I found the pace almost perfect.

10 minutes ago, missberic said:

I think once you understand that Celebration/Music is just an encore, that's why it's so short and she barely sings, it kinda makes sense. It's just that the build up to that moment is not that epic with Rain and Bitch I'm Madonna, but all the Madonnas onstage are actually a cute moment. But this is her weirdest ending since RIT's Holiday.

Is there another America we don't know of? :Madonna034:

Yep, this is how I see it.  I also think it does lack the send off that she's used to doing.  But I get why she ends it like this.  Bitch, I"m Madonna is the send off song, reminding people she is. 

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

I don't know about "Take A Bow", really... it's just too slow and not in a moody way like "Bad Girl" is, for example or in a good romantic vibe way like "Rain". Plus vocally it's more demanding? I don't think it would work that well. Maybe she's saving it for the US leg, anyway? In the end it was only a super smash hit there, not in Europe.

I liked "Hung Up" on its current place cause it lifts up things a little bit after all the "Erotica" and "Justify My Love" slowing down! It balances that whole act. That was a big issue for me on the "Madame X Tour" and it's not happening on this tour, thank God. I found the pace almost perfect.

Yeah, I agree TAB wouldn't fit with the story she's telling here.  Not that I would love to hear her sing TAB, but this tour is about her legacy and what she accomplished. She's telling that story through most of her song choices.  TAB would be more like a final goodbye and she's not ready to say her "farewell" just yet with her career. :)

2 minutes ago, McDonna said:

:ahh:No aggression intended. You're reading far more than I posted.  If anything, it's you who is being aggressive and have been many times to others in various topics.  You also have the habit of telling people to "shut up" all the time.  So maybe you should take your own advice? Considered yourself "ignored" from this point on.  I'm not here to fight with anyone. Just here to have a good time. 

So, does that mean you'll go around and message random members to talk shit about me in PMs now too? Just like you did with everyone else you had a disagreement with? 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, MPowered said:

So, does that mean you'll go around and message random members to talk shit about me in PMs now too? Just like you did with everyone else you had a disagreement with? 😂😂😂

I have no idea what you are talking about, but this isnt' about me . You're just causing unnecessary drama as usual.  Goodnight!  BLOCKED!!

20 minutes ago, McDonna said:

There's no rushness/abruptness. It's just all an illusion because you want more.  You can't accept that it's just a quick outro.  Much like the intro when Celebration is heard with Bob's monologue, mentioning Madonna and iconic songs. It's just the way it is!  Deal with it or you are going to be really disappointed hoping for it to change!  LOL!

I agree she probably won't change it, but it is a weak ending, there's nothing to "accept" IMO. Certainly the weakest of any of her tours and surprising considering how great most of this show is overall. 

6 minutes ago, Prayer said:

But it’s the first part of the show that’s jarring from a story telling perspective. It’s like…wait, HUH, why is she doing this song, we’re still in the 90s? Obviously the rest of the show loosens up chronologically after that, but if she needs an upbeat song there, do something like the Secret Junior mix or something…a song that loosely fits with the timeline but is upbeat. Or RESCUE ME :drama:

I really think part of the reason people love the show so much is how strong the first half is. We’re making a lot of excuses for her when the reality is…the second half comes off a little half baked.

The changes I’m proposing are still a little out of sequence but at least give a little more build up towards a finale. And if a song like Hung Up doesn’t “make sense” for the story in the last section, well, be a storyteller and add choreography / video. She managed to do that for MDNA. The songs don’t always need to be taken so literally.

1 minute ago, litemakr said:

I agree she probably won't change it, but it is a weak ending, there's nothing to "accept" IMO. Certainly the weakest of any of her tours and surprising considering how great most of this show is overall. 

Yeah, there probably could be something she could to do by punching up Bitch, I'm Madonna with Celebration better like @eXtremeOccidentmentioned in his above reply. :)

1 minute ago, eXtremeOccident said:

But it’s the first part of the show that’s jarring from a story telling perspective. It’s like…wait, HUH, why is she doing this song, we’re still in the 90s? Obviously the rest of the show loosens up chronologically after that, but if she needs an upbeat song there, do something like the Secret Junior mix or something…a song that loosely fits with the timeline but is upbeat. Or RESCUE ME :drama:

I really think part of the reason people love the show so much is how strong the first half is. We’re making a lot of excuses for her when the reality is…the second half comes off a little half baked.

The changes I’m proposing are still a little out of sequence but at least give a little more build up towards a finale. And if a song like Hung Up doesn’t “make sense” for the story in the last section, well, be a storyteller and add choreography / video. She managed to do that for MDNA. The songs don’t always need to be taken so literally.

I think the "old" Madonnas with the mask (I see them as the "Girlie" clown for 2023! How I'd had love if the ending was her coming back to the stage with the mask taking it out and revealing herself hehe) are the key and help with the story when it's obviously lost after the strongest first act. I don't find the rest half baked but the first half is definitely better in that regard. After "Crazy For You" there's not much "story" per se, except maybe the personal part for "Mother And Father" and "I Will Survive".

But I don't know, I don't think a chronological show would have worked better...

4 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

What I find frustrating is that all people are doing are moaning they are not happy about the songs in the show, people need to stop being entitled and just enjoy the tour for what it is. 

Just remember it was only a few months ago where we thought we would never see her live again, I'm sure you would all love it if she dropped Nothing really matters, Bedtime Story, Bad Girl and Rain so you can hear Sorry, Express yourself, material girl, frozen and Music because it's not like we've not heard them live before.

Besides, she really does start the show off with a bang with a lot of the classics.  Also, this woman isn't done touring if she can help it.  So we still have time for her to perform other fun songs in the future.  If not, oh well, her catalog is so vast, and I for the most part prefer her vision of a tour.  After all, it's her career.  :)

Just now, McDonna said:

Besides, she really does start the show off with a bang with a lot of the classics.  Also, this woman isn't done touring if she can help it.  So we still have time for her to perform other fun songs in the future.  If not, oh well, he catalog is so vast, and I for the most part prefer her vision.  After all, it's her career.  :)

It just annoys me since the tour started the forums have consisted of people constantly moaning that it doesn't contain this and that, or they think the show isn't finished and that there are songs she's keeping back because of the curfew, they are just setting themselves up for disappointment. If you want to hear Music you have every tour since drowned world to listen to that minus Madame X of course. I even read a comment on a forum they weren't happy Hold Tight wasn't in the setlist it's like come on :Madonna034:

29 minutes ago, MPowered said:

BIM was literally covered by a KPOP band and the song was co-produced by SOPHIE when she was barely known.

I know a lot of you hate that song and you have every right to but as a younger fan I can assure you that it’s actually one of her more popular songs among the younger generation.

In addition to that, it’s also one pf the very few times Madonna was actually ahead of everyone in terms of genre/production. PCMusic became popular AFTER Madonna decided to bring that sound to the mainstream scene. Charli XCX among a few others are doing that sound NOW.

who covered it?

4 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

What I find frustrating is that all people are doing are moaning they are not happy about the songs in the show, people need to stop being entitled and just enjoy the tour for what it is. 

Just remember it was only a few months ago where we thought we would never see her live again, I'm sure you would all love it if she dropped Nothing really matters, Bedtime Story, Bad Girl and Rain so you can hear Sorry, Express yourself, material girl, frozen and Music because it's not like we've not heard them live before.

Okay, but this could very well be the last time she ever tours and is meant to be a comprehensive career retrospective…so sorry that some of us are objective and can see parts of the show clearly aren’t landing well with the general audience and would like to see her end her touring career with a crowning gem of a show?

No one is saying we aren’t grateful she’s doing a show, but I hate this weak defense suggesting her being well and alive and her delivering a banger greatest hits tour with a flawless narrative is somehow mutually exclusive. Not at all…she can do both.

I hated seeing confused faces after the lights went up. I hated hearing people on the tube say they didn’t like it. I hated hearing my dad say he’d been waiting to see M for years but would only give it a 7 out of 10 and that he thought the pacing got really strange in the middle of the show.

I know it’s only personal anecdotal evidence, but she could make the show much better with what already exists…it’s not like many of us are saying the song choices or production suck, just that some of the execution is off.

Which, as an aside, made me finally realize what has been frustrating as a fan for the last decade or so…she consistently has AMAZING ideas, tour included…but it’s like she can’t quite get there with execution of them. She comes across half committed to them nowadays. Madame X and her personas and the many clips filmed, the Madame X Tour, this tour, the Rebel Heart album and tour…Madonna the amazing artist continues to be live and well, but it feels like the creative direction is lacking in parts. That’s where my personal frustration with this tour arises from…it’s just that it’s so obvious how incredible this show could be but it just doesn’t quite get there in the end, and she deserves better if this is it.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)