Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

2 hours ago, DontTemptMe26 said:

So my 6 LP is 2 hrs from home and still expected on Wednesday. I would go for a road trip and get it myself if I could. Haha

You don't search, you find.

37 minutes ago, theglamorous said:

Part of me wishes it was a box containing 50 12"s lol

I would happily drop hundreds for that tbh

28 minutes ago, theglamorous said:

In the 6LP set, is it 3 red LPs and 3 black LPs? The discogs listing suggests that. I was under the impression each LP was half red half black. And can we have verified weights of the vinyl anyone please

I thought it was clear from the start, no? 3 red, 3 black. However, half dipped wax would look more slick. 

10 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Madonna is #2 in the Uk's midweek charts!!! :drama:

If you're from the Uk, buy this album until thursday!! omg this is much better than i expected, lmao.

I can't believe she's behind Steps. Like WTF

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/steps-platinum-collection-madonnas-finally-enough-love-50-number-ones-and-aitchs-close-to-home-battle-it-out-for-official-albums-chart-number-1__37235/

BUY the album, UK infiniters!! She deserves the #1 spot and the people at Warner need the validation - and the profit - to keep feeding us with reissues and more stuff. :Madonna009:

Just now, Prayer said:

I can't believe she's behind Steps. Like WTF

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/steps-platinum-collection-madonnas-finally-enough-love-50-number-ones-and-aitchs-close-to-home-battle-it-out-for-official-albums-chart-number-1__37235/

BUY the album, UK infiniters!! She deserves the #1 spot and the people at Warner need the validation to keep feeding us with reissues and more stuff. :Madonna009:

They have 11 editions and are doing record store appearances all week long in the UK, lmao. She doesn't stand a chance. 

10 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

God Control was a single, at least in France since promos were pressed (well cd-r).

The remixes of GC were planned for spring 2020 but with club closed the whole thing was cancelled in the end.

P.S: the Madame X era was amazing, thank you very much. Amazing visuals and songs (and tour). We were spoiled. 

Was there artwork released with that? I hate there’s no official art for God Control.

29 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Madonna is #2 in the Uk's midweek charts!!! :drama:

If you're from the Uk, buy this album until thursday!! omg this is much better than i expected, lmao.

I knew they would beat her they have so many variants, there’s 5 different cds, 5 different cassettes, pictures disc and variance vinyls she has no chance unfortunately 

48 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

You don't search, you find.

I would happily drop hundreds for that tbh

I thought it was clear from the start, no? 3 red, 3 black. However, half dipped wax would look more slick. 

I never paid much attention, I thought they were all dipped. Not that it matters, my boxes will be staying sealed.

12 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

A #2 in the UK is an excellent position anyways! I never expected this for a remix compilation. Now let's see what will happen in the USA :Madonna038:

With her streaming so spread out across the entire 50 tracks (chart rules use 12 tracks on an album to base their sales average metric on ), it's unlikely she'll be able to stay above Aitch who has a huge youth listenership... he may even get to #1 as Steps streaming figures are in the toilet as well.

With Aitch getting loads of radio airplay and Steps doing tv promo and multiple in-store signings (they have 5 separate covers for each member), she'll be doing very well to hold on at #3. Depends on how many physicals she has sold...

Steps are out in front in the race for the No.1 album this week, but it’s still an open contest with no fewer than eight new releases currently pushing for a Top 10 finish.

According to the Midweek Sales flash, Steps’ Platinum Collection is the leader at this stage on 16,609 sales, followed by Madonna’s Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones at No.2 on 11,192. Steps are hoping for a fourth No.1 with their collection, while Madonna’s remix compilation would be a 13th chart-topper if it did overtake the UK pop quartet.

While Aitch is trailing in third place with debut album Close To Home (8,394) at this point in the chart week, the UK rapper’s superior streaming volumes mean he can’t be written off.

1 minute ago, mavericksire said:

Steps are out in front in the race for the No.1 album this week, but it’s still an open contest with no fewer than eight new releases currently pushing for a Top 10 finish.

According to the Midweek Sales flash, Steps’ Platinum Collection is the leader at this stage on 16,609 sales, followed by Madonna’s Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones at No.2 on 11,192. Steps are hoping for a fourth No.1 with their collection, while Madonna’s remix compilation would be a 13th chart-topper if it did overtake the UK pop quartet.

While Aitch is trailing in third place with debut album Close To Home (8,394) at this point in the chart week, the UK rapper’s superior streaming volumes mean he can’t be written off.

She'll be #3 at best.

Steps are a cornerstone of British gay pop. From the same stable as Kylie in the 80's and have been consistently brilliant in who they are for 25 yrs. They deserve their flowers tbh. They'd paid their dues. One of my best friends produced their last two albums and essentially reignited their career. 

On 8/20/2022 at 7:22 PM, PlayPause said:

About Vogue :

"The first completed version (...)

The longer and more dramatic intro was developed to fit into the overall flow of I'm Breathless album"

Did we know that or is it me?

thebeatswithin interviewed Goh Hotado several years ago, and had a different explanation about it:

“Madonna’s original aim was to release the song as special 12” record and so she gave us total freedom. The song was originally produced a bit different at first. I made a different introduction to the mix and recreated a different version only for club play (Bette Davis Dub). It was standard that I make a dub mix after everything was done and Tony (Shimkin) would edit them later. Shep and Madonna really liked the new introduction that I made and so we went back into the studio to re-make the video version based on my Dub Mix and Tony’s edit. The song became an untouchable hit.”

http://thebeatswithin.blogspot.com/2011/05/goh-hotoda-we-love-you.html?m=1

On 8/19/2022 at 5:26 AM, luckystar908 said:

A few interesting notes from the CD booklet:

- Turn Up The Radio (Offer Nissim Remix Edit) has been created for the release

- Love Profusion (Ralphi Rosario House Vocal Edit) has been recreated based on the remix video

- Nothing Fails (Tracy Young's Underground Radio Edit) is apparently an unreleased edit

- American Life (Felix Da Housecat's Devin Dazzle Edit) has been reassembled in the studio for its commercial debut. Not sure if that means it was recreated too?

After re-reading the notes in the booklet, shouldn’t we group “Keep It Together” in this too? Despite the press release stating it was an “unreleased” version, the booklet ignores that and says “…was reworked here to include the unique intro and outdo from the 12” remix of the song.”

The transition from the single mix to the 12” ending doesn’t even sound seamless imo.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic