Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

16 hours ago, musicinferno said:

I agree, unless it's a brand new video of an old song like JML from MDNA or Bedtime Story from RIT. I miss the days when the last song from each segment had an extended outro leading into the next section. 

Yesss! outros of WTP and PDP where M leaves the stage almost unnoticed and the dancers keep you captivated until the next segment kicks in had so much power. Most video interludes now really feel like a break and are more often standalone pieces that don't really add anything to the storyline. Big exemption I think is JML on MDNA, that performance makes total sense as a setup for the black and white segment

On 9/16/2023 at 4:24 PM, musicinferno said:

I agree, unless it's a brand new video of an old song like JML from MDNA or Bedtime Story from RIT. I miss the days when the last song from each segment had an extended outro leading into the next section. 

if it's well done (the video intros at the rebel heart tour were horrible) i'm fine with either. i prefer the gigantic intros like music 2006 or into the groove 2004 over the long outros like rain girlie show.

47 minutes ago, Alex the rebel heart said:

Don't take this too seriously, but I've been following this page for months and most of their "predictions" are right.

For me it sounds right for M to release a song at the same time as she goes on tour.

I was also gonna say that the rumoured Max Martin track could be the one 👀

5 hours ago, Alex the rebel heart said:

Don't take this too seriously, but I've been following this page for months and most of their "predictions" are right.

For me it sounds right for M to release a song at the same time as she goes on tour.

I always felt this could happen.  I hope so, but it's probably wishful thinking.  But Max Martin said the song they worked on was very much in tune to her 80's music.  It would make sense to release the song when the tour kicks off, allowing her to have a new song to sing as well. Good way to promote it as well. She could encourage people to go buy or download the song after performing it.

Watch... it's a re-work of the Celebration song.  LOL!

22 hours ago, migsou said:

if it's well done (the video intros at the rebel heart tour were horrible) i'm fine with either. i prefer the gigantic intros like music 2006 or into the groove 2004 over the long outros like rain girlie show.

I think the issue with the Rebel Heart Tour was that she seemed to have made many last minute changes to sections and song selections. Therefore, it wasn’t really possible to shoot concrete videos for the interludes because they were decided on at the last minute.

It's also one of the reason I thoroughly dislike the tour. Everything seemed randomly thrown together and not particularly well thought-out.

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

I think the issue with the Rebel Heart Tour was that she seemed to have made many last minute changes to sections and song selections. Therefore, it wasn’t really possible to shoot concrete videos for the interludes because they were decided on at the last minute.

It's also one of the reason I thoroughly dislike the tour. Everything seemed randomly thrown together and not particularly well thought-out.

Also I think the budget was adjusted to the minimun. I used to like Rebel Heart Tour more than MDNA, because of the setlist, but I watched it recently and I thought that it will not age really well. On the other hand MDNA still looks fresh and cool. 

26 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Also I think the budget was adjusted to the maximun. I used to like Rebel Heart Tour more than MDNA, because of the setlist, but I watched it recently and I thought that it will not age really well. On the other hand MDNA still looks fresh and cool. 

Yeah MDNA had a way bigger budget but the setlist was VERY bad. 😂 Also, Kevin Antunes' attempt at reconstructing the album versions of the oldies with MIDI instruments ended up sounding very flat.

Those last 4 tours had too much wasted potential imo. I'm so glad she's doing a greatest hits tour with a fresh team, and some of the people that helped create her best tour renditions. I'm intentionally keeping my expectations low because I was very disappointed by everything that came after CT tour-wise but it'll be interesting to see how she's gonna fit 40 years of music into a 2h show.

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

Yeah MDNA had a way bigger budget but the setlist was VERY bad. 😂 Also, Kevin Antunes' attempt at reconstructing the album versions of the oldies with MIDI instruments ended up sounding very flat.

Those last 4 tours had too much wasted potential imo. I'm so glad she's doing a greatest hits tour with a fresh team, and some of the people that helped create her best tour renditions. I'm intentionally keeping my expectations low because I was very disappointed by everything that came after CT tour-wise but it'll be interesting to see how she's gonna fit 40 years of music into a 2h show.

May I say I agree with every single word yoy said??? For all those issues you cast!

It would be in her BEST interest that for this one particular tour she sticks to the hits and in the way the world first fell in love with them, UNALTERED,  not some barely recognizable rendition that only the 17-23 people here would appreciate, like I said before, this tour she needs to be UNPREDICTABLE, we ALLLLLLLL have come to expect the 4 samey themed sections, altered versions of classic songs, focus on songs that barely please anyone other than herself and a select handful , this one tour all that previous AND  expected predictability needs to be thrown out the window. And if these rumors of a new song coming? Once again, that song should be neither the opener nor closer, PERIOD! One more time, for this one tour she needs to SHOCK, like she’s never shocked before by sticking mainly to the hits and UNALTERED. ;)

13 minutes ago, Lilalo said:

It would be in her BEST interest that for this one particular tour she sticks to the hits and in the way the world first fell in love with them, UNALTERED,  not some barely recognizable rendition that only the 17-23 people here would appreciate, like I said before, this tour she needs to be UNPREDICTABLE, we ALLLLLLLL have come to expect the 4 samey themed sections, altered versions of classic songs, focus on songs that barely please anyone other than herself and a select handful , this one tour all that previous AND  expected predictability needs to be thrown out the window. And if these rumors of a new song coming? Once again, that song should be neither the opener nor closer, PERIOD! One more time, for this one tour she needs to SHOCK, like she’s never shocked before by sticking mainly to the hits and UNALTERED. ;)

Well, question is how the OV's of all the hits will flow altogether in a concert. They did back in WTGT or even BAT because at that time of her career she didn't have the highly wide song spectrum/diversity she does rn.

Ah, and by "OV" I mean "original version," just for the record.