Bacterial Infection Thread

deathproof

Guy Osesry in his first statement had said that commitments including the tour will be on pause, so it’s only natural that the dancers were sent back home.  SEE YOU SOON was the statement that some of the dancers left on their Instagram (Pop justice) , which means they are to return back for rehearsals. So, it’s no news. 

They will probably go back to America for rehearsals but they went sent back home because they are not going to start with rehearsals anytime soon. If London is going to be the new opning I can see them start the whole process in september unless they have to change stuff for her. 

The news from me are the ones Guy, Debi and Rosie shared.

Yes, some of the speculation makes sense but even a broken clock is right two times a day. By pure luck. Whatever. I know she's at home, she's awake and recovering. That is enough. When she's better, she'll speak.

My concerns are for the multiple concert dates next to each other. I think it would be more reasonable to play few dates at stadiums than several at arenas. It is exhausting. But again, I think. It's just a mere thought I wanted to share somewhere.

2 hours ago, sumusicman said:

Me too! I had been stressing out for the week prior on what hotel I should book and just didn’t commit. And for me the other weird thing was the day before the news broke, I was in Target looking at their clearance vinyls and they had one copy of Finally Enough Love. It was just sticking out to me and even though I have the box set, I picked this up without hesitating. It’s like our Madonna senses were going off!

That's cool that you picked up the FEL target edition.  I bought mine when it fist came out. Don't believe I've opened it as I have another edition of it, that I did open.

The hotel I was looking into actually had a refund up to 24 hours to checking in, so I was very tempted. It's just I was needing some answers for parking and such. So I was awaiting for them to contact me back.  I hadn't heard back from them, and then we found out about Madonna being sick.  Then later, I got a Delivery notification that the email never went through for some reason. Kinda weird for that to happen. 

8 hours ago, danielsevilla said:

I was talking about a reassuring statement, like Debi did. It is her team, and we are her fanbase. I am pretty sure we were all really happy yesterday when we read it.

So my point here is that her team is basically not doing their job (or considering we can be worried).

She’s not in a critical condition and they’ve made it clear she’s okay. They’ve said they’ll let everyone know about dates when they can. What else is there to know? If people choose to believe tabloids that is their problem.

Guy and her team already have a lot of work to do rescheduling an entire tour. They’re not obligated to give fans daily updates.

7 hours ago, Ayham said:

I see most media outlets reporting the news are using the most unflattering pics of M… wondering WHY?

They’re the most recent pictures of her they have.

In all honesty unflattering pics are not a bad thing as it means when she comes out looking great it will make her look favourable.

6 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

With complete respect for Madonna and her health, I do agree that an official statement about the tour is due at this point. I get that they said it's postponed, but for all we know, that means a few days (I know that's extremely unlikely). Some of us have flights and hotels scheduled for less than 2 weeks from now and aren't going to be able to get money back. I've gone ahead and canceled mine, but I feel badly for anyone holding out still. 

At the very least, it would be great if they could indicate which shows are definitely moving and which aren't. Understandably, they may need to adjust even more, but they could postpone the first 4 weeks or whatever with the justification of Madonna's recovery, stating that she is being cared for and monitored and that additional dates will be reassessed as they have further details.

They clearly don’t have more details to give. It’s only been a few days since the last update.

And considering the way they handled MXT cancellations I think fans have to manage their expectations.

One of my shows were cancelled and I was not even notified. It took 6 weeks to get a refund and I had to chase it down. There were fans in Lisbon flying from all around the world and their show was cancelled only hours before. Lots of horror stories I’m afraid.

I don’t agree with the way they do things but history has shown they (Live Nation/her team) don’t care. So while it sucks anyone booking flights/accommodation for this tour should know the risks by now unfortunately. I’m seeing her in Paris and I have not booked anything yet for that reason.

3 hours ago, artofdarkness said:

My concerns are for the multiple concert dates next to each other. I think it would be more reasonable to play few dates at stadiums than several at arenas. It is exhausting. But again, I think. It's just a mere thought I wanted to share somewhere.

If you look at the stage design for this tour, it's clear that a roof is needed for proper rigging, at this production goes out into nearly the entire arena. This show was designed specifically as an arena tour, so putting it in stadiums is probably not an option based on that alone. Even if they did, they would have to create custom proscenium housing for the stage to include all the specialized rigging elements.

4 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Well she's not going to perform this month for sure. The dancers are coming back home. I'm pretty sure the amercian leg is going to be pushed to next year, if things goes well she will probably start the tour in London in october.

This is what I expect to happen too.

At best she will start mid US tour in Toronto. At worst start the tour January next year. But from what we know I think a London start is the most likely scenario.

She might want to push to start sooner but I think Guy/her team would fight against that. Yes we know LN probably don’t care about her or fans but her team will not want another MXT situation on their hands. It cannot have been pleasant to deal with that. 

What's the point of starting a tour already exhausted ? I'd rather have her rest and be back with a vengeance. That's how it was meant to be and, again, i think it's a blessing in disguise for her, she needs to stop torturing & punishing herself and being a masochist. "Pain is a warning that something's wrong" (her words) and not a necessity to prove she's working hard and deserving her money or whatever she thinks it justifies. She's Madonna, i don't care seeing her rope jumping or doing acrobatics on stage to prove she can still do it, i just want to see her smile and enjoying her 40 years of success and creativity effortlessly because she deserves it. 

I don't know about you guys but personally i don't need her to rehearse with a fever to show me how dedicated she is and that she does not take my money for granted or whatever, in fact it's the contrary, it upsets me to know she was in pain. I don't ask her for that, i don't want it. I want her to enjoy this, to be happy on stage and to have a long and healthy life with her kids and close family & friends.

5 hours ago, DaddyZ said:

Recovery from serious bacterial infection can be a mere week or several months. All depending on severity and overall health of the patient, the type of Infection and how well the patient is responding to treatment. 

I assume they’re just waiting another few days to see how her body is handling shit. 

Maybe she can be back at rehearsal in 2-3 weeks and kick off the tour this summer after all. 

Or she has to stay in bed until the end of the year. No one fucking knows and they obviously don’t know yet either. Once they get a better idea about the recovery process I’m sure they will reshuffle shit and inform the world. 

Until then, stream the new songs and chill. 🤣 

❤️

I totally agree. 

I hope when they reschedule they consider putting more time for rest in between shows and legs. Even an intermission is not a bad idea. I get she likely wants to prove she has still got it but getting through shows is the most important thing to achieve that. People do not expect her to have the energy of a 30 year old. Even the 30 year old stars push themselves too hard nowadays with their schedules. Everything hangs on that 1 person being physically and mentally strong enough to get on stage night after night for tours that stretch beyond a year. It’s just not realistic.

15 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I hope when they reschedule they consider putting more time for rest in between shows and legs. Even an intermission is not a bad idea. I get she likely wants to prove she has still got it but getting through shows is the most important thing to achieve that. People do not expect her to have the energy of a 30 year old. Even the 30 year old stars push themselves too hard nowadays with their schedules. Everything hangs on that 1 person being physically and mentally strong enough to get on stage night after night for tours that stretch beyond a year. It’s just not realistic.

I agree totally. Back to back isn't good for anyone mentally or physically - but I guess it depends on how physical it is - we don't know - so it might be ok doing back to back if she isn't actually moving around a lot.

9 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I agree totally. Back to back isn't good for anyone mentally or physically - but I guess it depends on how physical it is - we don't know - so it might be ok doing back to back if she isn't actually moving around a lot.

True. I doubt she’s just swanning about like Tay Tay though.

32 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

THIS.

As happy as I was to see this tour sell out like gangbusters, I've always felt they really need to schedule more rest days between shows (even on earlier tours too). I get that they have to plan out the route to be the most efficient and cost effective, but given all factors even before this incident, more full rest days are needed between shows now, and absolutely if there are more than 2 per given city.

I've also felt that there should at least a months rest between major legs of the tour too. I know she likes to get them done and out the way, but I've seen other artists take a good amount of time between legs, and they don't even work half as hard as she does on stage. Spread out the scheduling.

Then again, I'm sure there are so many factors at play, and I've heard scheduling for venues is insane right now because all artists are trying to make up for the last few years, so everything is booked tight right now.

26 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

THIS.

As happy as I was to see this tour sell out like gangbusters, I've always felt they really need to schedule more rest days between shows (even on earlier tours too). I get that they have to plan out the route to be the most efficient and cost effective, but given all factors even before this incident, more full rest days are needed between shows now, and absolutely if there are more than 2 per given city.

I've also felt that there should at least a months rest between major legs of the tour too. I know she likes to get them done and out the way, but I've seen other artists take a good amount of time between legs, and they don't even work half as hard as she does on stage. Spread out the scheduling.

Then again, I'm sure there are so many factors at play, and I've heard scheduling for venues is insane right now because all artists are trying to make up for the last few years, so everything is booked tight right now.

I wonder if they will even be able to reschedule the 1st US leg after Mexico? It may have to come later. Which could mean moving the January dates too.

Maybe she should scrap America and just come to Australia instead and make all the Americans travel to see her.

11 hours ago, tscott said:

The thing is; the article didn't even mention that picture you are talking about.  When I read the headline, I immediately thought, "oh are they going to bring up that pic with the woman with Madonna that looks like Katy?"  LOL!

Exactly, they didn't mention that at all. It's either all fanfic or actual tea about them but definitely not linked to a pic of a lookalike or else. I think they might be onto something. didn't even see the Pic in question lol

I can see the tabloid media reports have been traumatic for a lot of people.

Stick to the official statement from Guy and the instagram updates from trusted long time friends such as Rosie and Debi.

The media profits from all those articles you are all reading - the more exaggerated or salacious the headline, the more clicks etc 

• RUADJAI changed the title to Bacterial Infection Thread
  • Jackie locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic