Bacterial Infection Thread

deathproof

5 minutes ago, Ayham said:

It’s getting really bad guys… we need a fucking update… her family/friends seems chill but I’m really concerned. All those headlines are making it worse.

Don’t take it the wrong way but you should really go outside and take a walk or do other stuff. And stop reading headlines. 

Just now, Ayham said:

Maybe, until we get a proper statement denying those rumors everything is possible. 

Well, we know it was a bacterial infection as confirmed by Guy - so not drug related at all.

If she did go into septic shock (again only a rumor) - she quite possibly would have needed an injection of something as septic shock your blood pressure drops to a dangerous low level - so they would need to give her something to increase her blood pressure.

BUT I doubt it was sepsis/septic shock - she was only in the ICU for a few days and was in and out of the hospital in under a week - 

14 minutes ago, danielsevilla said:

I am not a doctor, but can you be on the streets of NY one day talking to someone and have a septic shock the day after? Shouldn't someone be already quite sick to get to that stage?

Not exactly.  Some of the early signs are much like getting the flu or not feeling well.  The thing we have to remember, we don't know how long before she was feeling unwell to the point she was admitted to the hospital. She could have already been trying to take it easy before that point.  I think that's a normal reaction from a lot of people who just start feeling ill.  Most people don't immediately seek medical help, until something more serious happens or it's been days and they can't kick whatever is ailing them. 

She could have confused how she was feeling to overworking.  She could have thought she just needed some rest and be fine in the morning. 

The problem is we don't know exactly what she's suffered from. To go in to Septic shock, one would have been already had an infection of some sort. She could have already been seeking medical treatment before that for all we know?

1 minute ago, cosmic_system said:

Don’t take it the wrong way but you should really go outside and take a walk or do other stuff. And stop reading headlines. 

Thanks for the advice… I do other stuff and I just came back from a lovely dinner with family. My concern is normal especially when you open IG and see all these ugly headlines.

i would say

- we know something happened to her, it was critical, she's recovering, the world sent her love, full recovery expected
- we know all engagements are on pause, including the tour
- we do not know what dates are definitely not going to happen, maybe they do not know either, maybe it's pure money/insurance issue, maybe it is not clear what madonna is capable of (she has a loooot of shows ahead of her)
- fact, a statement is needed latest on saturday, one week before the official start to bring more clarity to fans and not harm "her brand"

-> summary: it's damn tricky!

2 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Maybe, until we get a proper statement denying those rumors everything is possible. 

It won't matter if they deny rumors (they won't). People will say they're just doing it to cover the truth and keep on believing in what they want.

Guy's post still stands and should be enough. We are not in the place to ask for any more details about her health just because people bought tickets to the tour and are feeling in the dark about it, that's a completely different issue.

She will talk about when and if she wants.

25 minutes ago, diegolcl said:

It won't matter if they deny rumors (they won't). People will say they're just doing it to cover the truth and keep on believing in what they want.

Guy's post still stands and should be enough. We are not in the place to ask for any more details about her health just because people bought tickets to the tour and are feeling in the dark about it, that's a completely different issue.

She will talk about when and if she wants.

You're exactly right.  Just look at all the rumors that people came up with when Guy first posted.  Like you said, he said enough at that time, but people still made up crap that he never said.  The media is at blame here, but I thought Madonna fans are smarter than that and not fall for clickbait from the media.

At this point, the only thing that needs to be addressed is what dates are being postponed beyond opening date.  It's clear she's not doing that show, but the venues, ticketmaster and Livenation should start addressing what shows aren't happening beyond opening day.

I don't blame Guy for anything here.  We don't know what he's been doing behind closed doors.  It's not like he's ever been an open book or forthcoming about anything.  For all we know, he's doing all he can at this time, but being met with contract and legal issues. The last thing on his mind is addressing what the media is carrying on about. And that probably should be done by her PR team anyway. It's not like he's going to keep people and the media from spreading more false info.  It's not like he can keep people from believing the stories that aren't true. Some people are easily persuaded by rumors and nonsense.  

4 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Exactly. This is probably the most he's had to work in decades. 

Absolutely no sympathy towards him. Let's not act like he has at least 10 assistants/staff surrounding him that could make a simple announcement or take over her social media. He probably never dealt with a panicked situation like this before and doesn't know the best way to handle it. Just one simple update about the July shows (especially opening night) is all fans need that are attending those shows. 

Guy has and always will suck as a manager. 

MY GOD. He already said one week ago opening night is not going to happen. Get over it already and deal with it. 

1 minute ago, cosmic_system said:

A reminder since people clearly can’t read:

“We will share more details with you soon as we have them, including a new start date for the tour and for rescheduled shows.”

Obviously, a week is too long.  WE WANT MOOOOOOORE!  LOL! 

To be fair, I understand most people are just concerned.  It's just odd to read from the few people who spin a narrative about Guy, her team or even Madonna when they have no idea what's been going on behind the scenes.  There is no way that Guy isn't working his ass off right now.  She's like family to him.  I think we need to stop looking for fault and try to be a bit more understanding.  After all, no one here knows the progress of her recovery.  It's easy for some to be hopeful while others tend to be more worried and think things might not be going as well as we would hope.  :heart:

Geez, I just woke up from a fuzzy dream... Friday morning here and I expected to wake up to some sort of official announcement, rather than more pages of speculation and angst. Big thanks to the person who called Roger's Arena. Probably will cancel my flights this weekend. I am so grateful I paid the extra for cancellable flights, it hurt at the time as they were significantly more expensive, but it was money well spent now and I'm looking forward to a nice big fat credit card refund!

11 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

MY GOD. He already said one week ago opening night is not going to happen. Get over it already and deal with it. 

I know that, you know that, all of us on this forum know that.... But the remaining 99% of the people who have tickets for upcoming shows DO NOT know that for the simple fact they likely don't follow Guy O on IG. 

I don't need to get over anything as I'm not going to these first few shows. I'm simply saying I feel for the thousands and thousands of people that booked hotels, flights, took PTO, etc who still are uninformed if opening night is happening cause there has been NO official announcement on Madonna's social media, website, Ticketmaster, etc (you know, the places where people look for these things). 

On 6/28/2023 at 8:01 PM, tscott said:

Yeah, this is my thought.  And not to recycle what could be false info, but if she had a tube down her throat for any amount of time, that could really mess with someone vocal chords.  Let's hope that shit was made up, but if not, ugh, the thought of the repercussions.  And since Guy stated she was in ICU in serious condition, we have to assume this could take some time for recovery.  Like I mentioned, earlier, I'm sure she was in a crucial time of putting the final touches on the tour.  Final dress rehearsals, etc.  Just to make up that time alone could end up pushing the tour back a month or two, depending on her strength.  So many unknowns as you stated.  And I'm sure it's the same with Madonna and her team.  They may have no idea the time it will take for her to fully recover, but at the end of the day, they will have to start making decisions pretty quickly here.  My guess if they are unsure, they aren't going to take any chances in getting her back on stage as quick as possible. 

I'd say the quicker we hear from Madonna, herself, the better I will feel. 

If so, I hope she's now undergoing voice therapy. Madonna always needs more voice, not less.

28 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

I know that, you know that, all of us on this forum know that.... But the remaining 99% of the people who have tickets for upcoming shows DO NOT know that for the simple fact they likely don't follow Guy O on IG. 

You do know his statement went beyond his own IG?  In fact, his statement was shared in pretty much every media report about her condition.  It's pretty safe to say, people are aware of what he said, even if they didn't pay attention it was him who stated it. So let's not pretend that this info is just privy to forum members or people who follow him.  Not only that, info such as this would spread beyond his own base, because he has enough media and high profile people following him that would continue to spread his message.

All that being said, her official website, Ticketmaster and LiveNation need to start addressing what is being postponed ASAP!

• RUADJAI changed the title to Bacterial Infection Thread
  • Jackie locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic