The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

8 hours ago, Joseebus said:

According to Encyclopedia Madonnica, Donna and Niki are CONFIRMED to be at the final MSG show tomorrow night as Madonna’s guests. It is NOT confirmed, however, that they will be guest judges. So we’ll see what happens! I’m kicking myself right now! I went on the wrong night (last Tuesday)! :lol:

So they bought tickets 

1 hour ago, Robertthenurse said:

Watch them be the opening act lol

They might steal the show from Madonna. I don't think Madonna would allow it.

Picture them delivering captivating performances of NRM and Rain, followed by Madonna's rendition, which might pale in comparison, especially with Rain (Madonna's opening with NRM is great).

It would create an awkward situation.

A joint performance on stage would be more harmonious.

However, Madonna isn't typically known for spontaneity and improvising. They might end up as guest judges instead. Yet, I truly hope my assumption is incorrect.

2 hours ago, Lorx said:

They might steal the show from Madonna. I don't think Madonna would allow it.

Picture them delivering captivating performances of NRM and Rain, followed by Madonna's rendition, which might pale in comparison, especially with Rain (Madonna's opening with NRM is great).

It would create an awkward situation.

A joint performance on stage would be more harmonious.

However, Madonna isn't typically known for spontaneity and improvising. They might end up as guest judges instead. Yet, I truly hope my assumption is incorrect.

Why are you still here?... i have never ever ever ever EVER read something positive comming from you..

1 hour ago, Sheridan1980 said:

I really don't care about Donna and Nikki now that they're no longer on Madonna's staff. Their whole career is limited to performing Madonna songs :) :lol:

1 hour ago, remixed224 said:

I agree. They only using Madonna name, stories and songs to earn money. 

This...

And someone said they might steal her show 😅... Madonna's performance of nothing really matters 💩 all over theirs. Vocally they are amazing but performance wise its boring af... Definitely prefer watching Madonna perform, even if her vocals are not as great as theirs... There is something about madonna on stage what makes her iconic, and can't keep my eyes off of her... 

Just now, True Blue 84 said:

This...

And someone said they might steal her show 😅... Madonna's performance of nothing really matters 💩 all over theirs. Vocally they are amazing but performance wise its boring af... Definitely prefer watching Madonna perform, even if her vocals are not as great as theirs... There is something about madonna on stage what makes her iconic, and can't keep my eyes off of her... 

Has someone made a layered audio already with the vocals of all 3 together?

@McDonna here you have your entire thread to yourself and your people!! Have a great profit at that!! And don't mind, when you're on THAT thread, I leave it - don't wanna be kinda people who pretend to ignore you as the ones you had claimed to me through DM (and I bet you are claiming about me to the recent newbies too).

@dave2290 here's an advice to you, carissimo: avoid this thread like the plague. Avoiding it won't ruin your reputation here on forum - staying in it will. Who advices is always a friend.

@RUADJAI and co., I beg you: gimme an advisement, a warning or something like this everytime I forget to be loyal to myself and come back to this mess of a thread.

I guess the more I put the elder, fossil lil'medonsters on ignore list the more I need to expand my ignore list.

And a last word: I AIN'T ASHAMED TO BE DERAILED, MUCH LIKE MADONNA HERSELF. BITCH I'M MADONNA!!!

FAREWELL TO THIS HORSESH...

Guys let's not fight about Nikki, Donna and Madonna. Fact is their 3 voices blend perfectly together. When those 3 perform on stage together, somethin happens. Nikki & Donna were not only back up singers, they were parts of the choreos on stage. As someone said on this forum, it was almost like a girl band. Each of them 3 bring out something great from the two others. When they perform separately, something is missing, as for Nikki & Donna or for Madonna. Their loss. It's too bad they couldn't put their personnal desagreements aside and keep it together for work. 

I have this image of Donna & Nikki getting up to be guest "Vogue" judges tonight and it's a cute reunion until the Polaroid is taken. Just as Madonna is about to start singing again, Nikki decides to  commandeer her mic, "Come on y'all! You know you've got to let your bodies moove to the music!" Suddenly a hook appears...

Edited by Magic Pussy
sentence structure (see edit history)

14 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

@McDonna here you have your entire thread to yourself and your people!! Have a great profit at that!! And don't mind, when you're on THAT thread, I leave it - don't wanna be kinda people who pretend to ignore you as the ones you had claimed to me through DM (and I bet you are claiming about me to the recent newbies too).

@dave2290 here's an advice to you, carissimo: avoid this thread like the plague. Avoiding it won't ruin your reputation here on forum - staying in it will. Who advices is always a friend.

@RUADJAI and co., I beg you: gimme an advisement, a warning or something like this everytime I forget to be loyal to myself and come back to this mess of a thread.

I guess the more I put the elder, fossil lil'medonsters on ignore list the more I need to expand my ignore list.

And a last word: I AIN'T ASHAMED TO BE DERAILED, MUCH LIKE MADONNA HERSELF. BITCH I'M MADONNA!!!

FAREWELL TO THIS HORSESH...

Let's leave personal conversations that have nothing to do with the topic in private messages.

And I'm pretty sure I didn't need to be tagged in this. 

17 minutes ago, Magic Pussy said:

I have this image of Donna & Nikki getting up to be guest "Vogue" judges tonight and it's a cute reunion until the Polaroid is taken. Just as Madonna is about to start singing again, Nikki decides to  commandeer her mic, "Come on y'all! You know you've got to let your bodies moove to the music!" Suddenly a hook appears...

Niki starts doing the 20 squats from the Drowned World Tour.  :Madonna020:

I agree they have their place as guests in her retrospective tour, but nothing more. I wouldn't want them to get back together and sing together now or on her next tours. They've done it before and it was incredible. But I don't think they have the same place on her stage now. It was more than 20 years ago. Their relationship has changed, they have changed as people, her performances have changed. It's not that they could steal her show, I don't think that's possible in any universe. I like them, but watching their show... even without Madonna they are backing singers. Good vocals are not enough.

IF they pop up to perform properly I guess it would be the Glasto version of the show for a special moment like D.S did with Bey at Cochella.

Hope they go tonight but itll more likely be for the vogue judging. Oh course Nikki could say while were here should we do a little something ad do the back stage acapella Holiday from TOD ect..

All dreams of course, they might just wave from the balcony. 

3 hours ago, Sheridan1980 said:

I really don't care about Donna and Nikki now that they're no longer on Madonna's staff. Their whole career is limited to performing Madonna songs :) :lol:

I don't know if I agree with this honestly. Niky has her own vocalist career as Donna. I'm a jazz lover and I can assure you that she is known, not a star of course, she is not a huge name, but known and respected. Of course in the medias they are called to talk about their M partnership, but it happens because they still have an audience from that experience so ...

I agree with @Redha DBL anyway: M as N&D, singing the catalogue songs alone, miss something in comparison to what they were able to deliver together, it's normal. It's not just a matter of sound, neither of staging, it's a matter of energy, complicity, mutual inspiration and exchange. 

Said that, I'm sure that if this will ever happen - to listen to them singing together again - we'll all be amazed by the feeling, the experience and, yes, still by the sound. Even the ones who are writing they don't care at the moment maybe.

2 hours ago, Sheridan1980 said:

It's true that their career was limited mainly to covers, and some of them are Madonna's songs. The following they have at their concerts is due to Madonna's fans. But if they are so loved, it's because they have talent and qualities. If Madonna chose them for decades, there's a reason.

Unfortunately, they have produced little from a creative standpoint, though they have good taste and technical and expressive qualities. But they are not artists like Madonna. That's why I'm sorry they no longer work with her; together with her, I think they added something more.

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Welcome to the forum Nikki

🤣🤣🤣 I don't get offended

53 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Why are you still here?... i have never ever ever ever EVER read something positive comming from you..

It's not true that I've never said anything positive. I have always made criticisms about Madonna's vocal form (since I'm a longtime singing student) and mentioned that some moments of the show left me slightly disappointed, such as Rain. But I loved the show and am glad I went to see it.

I loved NRM (both Madonna's version and Niki and Donna's, of course, the concert opener is on another level of performance, and I prefer it), but I said that I am more excited by Niki and Donna's Rain than the Rain from the Celebration Tour. And hearing it twice, in my opinion, would overshadow Madonna's version, which is not very well executed in terms of arrangements and is cut off at the best part. That's all. I don't understand why get so heated about it.

The fact that I've discussed the vocal flaws and my dislike for the show's ending (and I'm not alone in this) might make me seem like a detractor in your eyes, but I assure you that's not the case. I have my opinions and preferences, and I believe there's room here to express any critical view, provided that we all love Madonna.

5 minutes ago, Lorx said:

It's true that their career was limited mainly to covers, and some of them are Madonna's songs. The following they have at their concerts is due to Madonna's fans. But if they are so loved, it's because they have talent and qualities. If Madonna chose them for decades, there's a reason.

Unfortunately, they have produced little from a creative standpoint, though they have good taste and technical and expressive qualities. But they are not artists like Madonna. That's why I'm sorry they no longer work with her; together with her, I think they added something more.

🤣🤣🤣 I don't get offended

It's not true that I've never said anything positive. I have always made criticisms about Madonna's vocal form (since I'm a longtime singing student) and mentioned that some moments of the show left me slightly disappointed, such as Rain. But I loved the show and am glad I went to see it.

I loved NRM (both Madonna's version and Niki and Donna's, of course, the concert opener is on another level of performance, and I prefer it), but I said that I am more excited by Niki and Donna's Rain than the Rain from the Celebration Tour. And hearing it twice, in my opinion, would overshadow Madonna's version, which is not very well executed in terms of arrangements and is cut off at the best part. That's all. I don't understand why get so heated about it.

The fact that I've discussed the vocal flaws and my dislike for the show's ending (and I'm not alone in this) might make me seem like a detractor in your eyes, but I assure you that's not the case. I have my opinions and preferences, and I believe there's room here to express any critical view, provided that we all love Madonna.

Thank you for this kind respond. 

I appreciate your critical opinion, but lately it seemed like you were only negative. It is nice for the atmosphere of the forum to be positive for once. And we know that Madonna is not the best vocalist, but she certainly does things well also, and those things should also be reported. If you want 100% flawless vocals all the time then you better stan someone like Beyonce. And I am also sometimes critical about her voice, but I am also  positive about her voice because it is certainly not all bad. Once again, it's okay to be critical, but also be positive where positive can be done.

And again thanks for the kind respond ❤️... 

12 hours ago, Joseebus said:

According to Encyclopedia Madonnica, Donna and Niki are CONFIRMED to be at the final MSG show tomorrow night as Madonna’s guests. It is NOT confirmed, however, that they will be guest judges. So we’ll see what happens! I’m kicking myself right now! I went on the wrong night (last Tuesday)! :lol:

I'd be absolutely ecstatic if they performed together with Madonna and I was there. Just seeing them back together in a video would totally make my day. They're a legendary trio! ♥️

35 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Niki starts doing the 20 squats from the Drowned World Tour.  :Madonna020:

I don't get why so many of you have such a strong dislike for N&D.

First off, they're both rocking it health-wise, Donna moves are great... But hey, even if they were rolling in on wheelchairs, that wouldn't make the hate justified. You're no different from those who mock Madonna for not dancing like she used to and appearing stiffer in her movements.

Niki might have had a bit of a spat with Madonna way back when, but Donna and Madonna are cool with each other. They're always singing her praises and showing mad respect. They're adored by loads of fans (me included), are genuinely awesome souls, and are powerhouse vocalists, with or without Madonna. And that's no shade on Madonna's legend status.

They're not chasing the pop star title; they've carved out their solo gigs. Didn't hit Madonna-level fame? Well, duh, but that doesn't dim their artistic shine. They've made their mark, not just as backing vocals (for Madonna and others). With Madonna, they just had this special vibe.

They made something magic.

So, forgive us if a bunch of us are stoked at the thought of a reunion for a throwback tour like this!

And yeah, like @Lorx I love their take on "Rain" over Madonna's version in the Celebration Tour (which, minus "Rain" and "BIM," is pretty much a flawless tour). Doesn't mean I'm not team Madonna; it's just that N&D hold a special place. Seeing the trio hit it again or just hearing from the duo would be epic. And for real, I doubt Madonna would let them belt out "Rain" before taking it on herself later.

7 minutes ago, stefo said:

I'm sure that if this will ever happen - to listen to them singing together again - we'll all be amazed by the feeling, the experience and, yes, still by the sound. Even the ones who are writing they don't care at the moment maybe.

Totally agree with you ❤️

42 minutes ago, Salida said:

I agree they have their place as guests in her retrospective tour, but nothing more. I wouldn't want them to get back together and sing together now or on her next tours. They've done it before and it was incredible. But I don't think they have the same place on her stage now. It was more than 20 years ago. Their relationship has changed, they have changed as people, her performances have changed. It's not that they could steal her show, I don't think that's possible in any universe. I like them, but watching their show... even without Madonna they are backing singers. Good vocals are not enough.

Agree 100%

9 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Thank you for this kind respond. 

I appreciate your critical opinion, but lately it seemed like you were only negative. It is nice for the atmosphere of the forum to be positive for once. And we know that Madonna is not the best vocalist, but she certainly does things well also, and those things should also be reported. If you want 100% flawless vocals all the time then you better stan someone like Beyonce. And I am also sometimes critical about her voice, but I am also  positive about her voice because it is certainly not all bad. Once again, it's okay to be critical, but also be positive where positive can be done.

And again thanks for the kind respond ❤️... 

Well, you're right. Maybe I've been too focused on pointing out the negatives here and haven't shared enough about what I truly appreciate. After catching her show in Milan (my first time since the Rebel Heart Tour), I was over the moon. I didn't even stop by here to share that experience; I was too caught up in recounting every detail to my friends and family. Despite noticing some imperfections live, I absolutely loved the show!

I realize I can be more critical in this space, and I apologize if my tone sometimes comes off as overly harsh or a bit much.

And just to add, I'm not a fan of Beyoncé. My love for Madonna stems from what she embodies as an individual and her artistic taste, which has led her to create some beautiful songs with incredible producers. Albums like Erotica, Bedtime Stories, Ray Of Light, Music, American Life, or COADF are what other pop stars can only dream of. They're on an incredible artistic level in pop. Not banal, experimental, profound.

That said, it does bother me to see her not taking care of her voice as much as she could. It could be beautiful if she paid it more attention. I love her voice. I feel she's become more disconnected from music than before. But I love her all the same.

And let's be real, if Madonna were to perform with Niki and Donna, it would be a showstopper for everyone, even those who aren't her biggest fans.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic