Madonna to 'begin filming biopic starring Julia Garner in the next 12 months' after project was shelved during her Celebration Tour

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She just gave us her (probably) biggest and best tour ever. We could have never expected something like that at this point.

So if she wants to go and finally make her movie, and it makes sense she wants to cause it's her baby, her legacy and she's now physically and mentally healthy to do it plus her public image hadn't been this good in AGES thanks to the tour, then let's let her do it and support her. (Not that we have a choice anyway xd)

Also, if she has new music ready to go we can still get singles in between, collaborations, the infamous expanded editions, whatever.

The possibilities are endless.

As always, let's wait and see.

So glad that she had decided to go with it.

I hope she would bag another 3 Razzies (Worst Picture / Worst Director / Worst Screenplay).

Her current tally is 10 Razzie award:

Worst Actress: 5 win (6 nomination)
Worst Supporting Actress: 2 win (3 nomination)
Worst Actress of the Century: 1 win (3 nomination)
Worst New Star of the Decade: 1 nomination
Worst Screen Couple: 1 win (2 nomination)

It's time for her to surpass Stallone (12 wins) who had been holding the record for way too long!  :angry:

So glad that she had decided to go with it.

I hope she would bag another 3 Razzies (Worst Picture / Worst Director / Worst Screenplay).

Her current tally is 10 Razzie award:

Worst Actress: 5 win (6 nomination)
Worst Supporting Actress: 2 win (3 nomination)
Worst Actress of the Century: 1 win (3 nomination)
Worst New Star of the Decade: 1 nomination
Worst Screen Couple: 1 win (2 nomination)

It's time for her to surpass Stallone (12 wins) who had been holding the record for way too long!  :angry:

I couldn't care less about this project. Madonna got late in the party again and biopics are not a big thing anymore. I can't imagine her whole story being told in a 2-hour movie. 

I would rather a new album, reissues or a biography book by herself. 

Anyway, it's her decision and I wish her the best. 

While I would love to see this movie, read her script, see Julia crush it… I can’t help but wonder if the biopic trend is not in a good place right now. Bohemian Rhapsody, Rocketman, and Elvis took the world by storm, and then everything that came after has fallen super flat. Respect, I Wanna Dance With Somebody, One Love… that Micheal Jackson movie is starting production too, so they could be coming out close to one another. It just feels like a crowded space. 

And selfishly I’ve been eating up every crumb or hint at potential new music and am dying to see a new era begin. So it would just be a bit of a bummer if we had to wait for the full movie production and promotion before getting anything else. But I’m ready to see what’s she’s got for us either way!

I think this is great. Just as @Dazedmadonnasaid, she'll film after the tour. I even bet she agreed to do the tour to get finances for the film.

While she's working on the "VISUAL autobiography" she can keep us happy with the deluxe editions. 

It's been three years this August, since the announcement. Surely SOMETHING must be ready for release..? :)

1 minute ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Everyone saying they don't want this will be seated in the theatre / cinema when this is finally released. No one likes a whiner

Meh I got my fill with Madonna and the breakfast club film from a few years back. And it will prob be similar. Sad about the actress from that films fate 😔. Anyways if I have to hear that story about the 35 dollars and the taxi cab again... Lordt lol

If that rumor is true and they really start filming in 12 months, she better releases M15 soon - early 2025 omg. Rio was such a wasted opportunity to debut a new song or announce the Album, but if she'll just sit at home now and wait til the filming starts i'm gonna have a breakdown i swear.

I think if anything the Celebration Tour showed us that she can't cram her life story into a 2 hour show no matter what the format, and she will most likely lose the plot halfway through and just start making out with everyone. 

I mean lets be real...

BOB : Were gonna tell you the story of everything.... y'all been waiting for this....

Madonna: I'm a Nobody, Club, Nother club, AIDS, SEX, Vogue, Gay Oppression, I love my past self, I do Religion, Spiritual enlightenment, Mother Father, A Pretty Island, Evita, Go to Sleep, Fly in the Sky, Rain, My Name is Madonna, Madonna, Madonna.

• RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic