Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

20 minutes ago, MPowered said:

I doesn’t surprise me at all that she chose to bring back Stuart for this tour, considering that he has actually worked on the scrapped remastered career boxset for Madonna in 2003/4 as well as the Re-Invention Tour for which they tried out a SHIT TON of her catalogue before settling with the final setlist.

He was the best, most qualified and experienced man for this job. He has done an excellent job for everything he collabed on with M. His tour renditions, in particular are great. They keep the essence and elements of the original track while at the same time presenting them in a new light.

Nothing Really Matters being the opening song  or introduction ala The Beast Within also doesn’t surprise me. That song was heavily considered for the Re-Invention Tour's opening segment before being ultimately discarded. I also believe (NOTE: this is a speculation) they heavily considered Bad Girl on the RIT where Deeper And Deeper ended up being performed.

1. The Beast Within (video intro)

2. Vogue

3. Nothing Really Matters -> Swim -> Frozen

4. Nobody Knows Me (choreography inspired by scrapped NRM performance)

5. Express Yourself

6. American Life (Headcleanr Rock Mix)

7. Burning Up

8. Love Profusion (Headcleanr Rock Mix)

9. I’m So Stupid -> Dress You Up -> Material Girl

10. Hollywood (VMAs mix)

11. The Devil Wouldn't Recognise You -> Bad Girl was likely considered as well before finally settling with the ballad version of Deeper And Deeper.

12. Hanky Panky

13. Dress You Up -> Die Another Day

14. Take a Bow -> Lament

15. Bedtime Story (video interlude)

16. Like a Prayer

17. Don't Tell Me (promo tour version)

18. Mother and Father (promo tour version)

19. Live to Tell

20. Into the Groove (GAP version) OR Holiday

21. Music

22. Crazy for You

23. Die Another Day

Devil was later performed with Madonna signing on top of a piano. That concept/performance was likely lifted from its original idea for RIT which in turn would fit PERFECTLY for Bad Girl and/or Live To Tell which I could see as a medley like HBC/LDLHA.

We know the stage will include a black piano, so I think Madonna will reference the BAT/S&S performance of Sooner Or Later and Devil by performing Live To Tell / Bad Girl on that piano.

Mein schön, you just need to know how much I pray rn to Pleroma (the way I call God in my faith; means "the Whole" in Greek) for you to be completely true in every single word you've said.

That said, I guess the order was Swim --> NRM --> Frozen. McKnight stated Swim as featured on the very early setlist, but for obvious reasons they went with an actual ROL single. Wouldn't surprise me if M herself borrowed the inspiration to perform Swim after listened to Guyöm's reinvention of it for his project The Lady M Show:

I found this project here back in my 2nd incarnation as an Infinity member. I guess this is still easy to find here in the proper section.

1 minute ago, Dazedmadonna said:

2 days!!!

947184e5e07329e3f1b8fad8ac5c8dbd591d0d39

Dazed, it's a holiday here in Brazil, it's both the day of the national patreon saint (we are a majoritary Catholic country as most of Latin America) and the children's day, today we usually gift kids and do parties and outdoor events much like if it were Xmas or children's bdays, so although I'm already an elder to Jewish-Christian tradition (40 years old, a presbyter already!), I WANNA MY GIFT FROM TODAY, CARISSIMO!!! Hope Giampiero's very inspired this Thu!!! Hahahaha!!!

My guess for the 44/45 songs on the setlist:

1. Holiday
  2. Everybody
  3. Lucky Star
  4. Borderline
  5. Burning Up
  6. Like A Virgin
  7. Material Girl
  8. Gambler OR Dress You Up
  9. Crazy For You
  10. Into The (Hollywood) Groove
  11. Live To Tell
  12. Papa Don't Preach
  13. Open Your Heart
  14. La Isla Bonita
  15. Who's That Girl (as part of La Isla Bonita)
  16. Like A Prayer
  17. Express Yourself
  18. Oh Father
  19. Justify My Love (& The Beast Within?)
  20. Erotica
  21. Rain
  22. Bad Girl
  23. Take A Bow OR Human Nature OR Secret
  24. Bedtime Story
  25. Frozen
  26. Ray Of Light
  27. Nothing Really Matters
  28. Music
  29. Don't Tell Me
  30. Die Another Day
  31. Mother And Father
  32. Hung Up On Tokischa
  33. Sorry
  34. 4 Minutes
  35. Give It 2 Me
  36. Celebration
  37. Give Me All Your Luvin'
  38. Bitch I'm Madonna
  39. Hold Tight OR Veni Vidi Vici
  40. I Don't Search I Find
  41. Recent Cover (Break My Soul, Unholy, Levitating)
  42. 70's Song (I Will Survive)
  43. 70's Song (used as mashup)
  44. Billie Jean

Oh and by the way @Dazedmadonna

This won't be mixed with Everybody, will it?

But this 1979 song totally sounds like something Madonna would incorporate into a show that chronicles her life and career. 💀

"What am I gonna do now that you’re gone? What am I gonna do without a man?”

Then again, I could rather see Madonna do a cover version of “Bette Davis Eyes” if she were to cover Kim Carnes.

12 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Oh and by the way @Dazedmadonna

This won't be mixed with Everybody, will it?

But this totally sounds like something Madonna would incorporate into a show that chronicles her life and career. 💀

"What am I gonna do now that you’re gone? What am I gonna do without a man?”

Nope, only one person guessed the song right :kiss2: 

I'm sorry that there's no live band. There has always been one in all of Madonna's tours, except the Madame X Tour (where its absence was notably felt, especially with the percussion). However, on the other hand, I'm glad that the musical director is Stuart Price. He did an excellent job in the DWT, RIT, and CT1. Every arrangement was well-crafted, original, and featured crazy samples (Music starting with a Kraftwerk sample, wow!). So, I can overlook the absence of a band. I wonder who the guitarist will be if Monte is not there.

38 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Also, one of the twins is a professional DJ now.

You got to be kidding 😂 "Professional"? I saw her playing with CDJs and I can use them as well as she does. And I'm not a DJ. Hope she hires real musician. Mercy is ok as a piano player, but the twins? Hell no

34 minutes ago, Dazedmadonna said:

Madonna knows that if she's gonna play that remix ONLY, people are gonna riot (not me since I love it 😏)... So I think it's safe to expect the best of both worlds! :kiss2:

Oh, so somehow the OG is still present, maybe mashed up or stuff. Ok I feel way better now lol, even tho I don't get how that remix fits her show in anyway, thanks!!!