Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

11 minutes ago, Messiah said:

I think the question here is: did she choose Hung Up or Hung Up on Tokischa? :eyes:

Oh how nice, she'll do a funeral mix of this similar to the Like A Virgin Waltz from MDNA where black and white images of her with her BBL play in the background while she sings "Yo quiero un culo nuevo". It'll be the encore of the show where we meet present day Madonna, sans BBL.

6 hours ago, MPowered said:

It really isn't.

It did well cause it was a more uptempo La Isla Bonita. The video is one of her least memorable ones and there really is nothing "iconic" tied to any songs from that movie.

I love them but they are not nearly as important as some people think they are. That said, neither are songs like Bad Girl but that one can work much better in context of an autobiographical show and it has also never been done on tour before.

Thank You! I love Who's That Girl and I like Causing A Commotion but they are definitely among the throwaway singles from the 80s. They aren’t nearly as iconic as their more popular counterparts.

It might be her manifesto. It’s still not a signature song or hit single and it has been overdone considering it was such a huge flop.

Sadly not. I doubt she'll do 4 songs from ROL, plus it has been revealed that only three songs on the setlist have never been performed live. Those 4 are: Bedtime Story, Nothing Really Matters & Bad Girl

I'll disagree with you about WTG not being iconic and very popular at the time. The movie may have flopped but the music was a huge success and the general public certainly associate that title with her.  But I'll agree that it is a lot like La Isla and I'd rather see that performed live in a full version (not a strummed guitar). And Causing a Commotion is indeed similar to Into the Groove and Spotlight is like Holiday. All 3 released in 1987, interesting. 

If it's three previous singles that were never performed in any way, then it's got to be from these I think:

Spotlight 

Dear Jessie

This Used To Be My Playground 

I'll Remember 

One More Chance 

Another Suitcase 

American Pie 

Love Profusion 

And because of the lack of specificity, maybe we can include Each Time You Break My Heart. It was a single, which Madonna has never performed, although Nick did 🙂

I didn't include Rescue Me because it was used in that horrible interlude on Madame Zzz 🥴

8 minutes ago, TheGoth said:

If it's three previous singles that were never performed in any way, then it's got to be from these I think:

Spotlight 

Dear Jessie

This Used To Be My Playground 

I'll Remember 

One More Chance 

Another Suitcase 

American Pie 

Love Profusion 

And because of the lack of specificity, maybe we can include Each Time You Break My Heart. It was a single, which Madonna has never performed, although Nick did 🙂

I didn't include Rescue Me because it was used in that horrible interlude on Madame Zzz 🥴

Interludes don’t count as performances according to DM

from DrownedMadonna on FB

Only four days left until the highly anticipated opening night of Madonna’s Celebration Tour. time / clock, drum and fire emoji aree after this scentence

For today's countdown, we've decided to share a few more details with you, but as usual, without spoiling the surprise. We want to leave you in a bit of doubt, but, at the same time, ignite your curiosity and spark discussion. So get ready to be wowed and join us in the excitement of this unforgettable event! 

We've already told you that the show is mostly made up of tracks that have been released as singles, although it's not exactly a greatest hits tour. However the show will also include some - or better, just a sprinkle - tracks that weren't released as singles. One of these songs is from Madonna's "Rebel Heart" album that has never been performed before. While another is an oldie-but-goodie that deals with the heartbreaking topic of losing her mother.

Madonna is not only going to perform her iconic catalogue, but she's also going to switch it up by singing covers of songs from other artists. She's even going to bring back a classic that she performed many moons ago. We're pretty sure that when you hear one of these cover songs, you'll think it's in response to Madonna's health scare that put her in the ICU and caused her to delay the start of her tour. But nope, that's not the case. This 70s classic was already on the setlist before the sad event that shocked us all. Madonna will also create a mashup by combining one of her older songs with another late 70s track. Lastly, she will include a more current tune from an artist she has collaborated with in the recent past.

5 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Only four days left until the highly anticipated opening night of Madonna’s Celebration Tour. time / clock, drum and fire emoji aree after this scentence

For today's countdown, we've decided to share a few more details with you, but as usual, without spoiling the surprise. We want to leave you in a bit of doubt, but, at the same time, ignite your curiosity and spark discussion. So get ready to be wowed and join us in the excitement of this unforgettable event! 

We've already told you that the show is mostly made up of tracks that have been released as singles, although it's not exactly a greatest hits tour. However the show will also include some - or better, just a sprinkle - tracks that weren't released as singles. One of these songs is from Madonna's "Rebel Heart" album that has never been performed before. While another is an oldie-but-goodie that deals with the heartbreaking topic of losing her mother.

Madonna is not only going to perform her iconic catalogue, but she's also going to switch it up by singing covers of songs from other artists. She's even going to bring back a classic that she performed many moons ago. We're pretty sure that when you hear one of these cover songs, you'll think it's in response to Madonna's health scare that put her in the ICU and caused her to delay the start of her tour. But nope, that's not the case. This 70s classic was already on the setlist before the sad event that shocked us all. Madonna will also create a mashup by combining one of her older songs with another late 70s track. Lastly, she will include a more current tune from an artist she has collaborated with in the recent past.

I'm thinking Veni Vidi Vici and Promise to Try

I hope she doesn't do Imagine again

23 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Ok I'm litteraly dieing of curiosity and excitement now!
All these details are making me very positive about the artistry of this whole thing and a finally assigned place for her real character and legacy to be acknowledged by the general public. This seems to be the creative, intense, dramatic and qualitative music oriented show a lot of us were expecting since at least a decade.

Primse to try or Inside of me live? (I think it's going to be Promise to try ) It will give me gossebumps in both cases (thank God!!!).

Rebel Heart previously unperformed track wich can have a meaning in the story telling (except the title track I do hope it's gonna be part of the setlist and, dreaming, in the Avicii's remix rendition )? Joan of Arc or Wash all over me (if in the Avicii's version it would really kill me). I honestly hope it's not going to be Veni Vidi Vici.

The classic from many moons ago could be Cherish, if by many moons they really mean many. Otherwise we have Live to tell wich is out of her shows since 17 years and Crazy for you out since 19. Can we consider Gambler a "classic" (I would not honestly)?

I'm totally lost about all the 70s covers reference. Something she already performed and can be considered coherent with her recent heath problems ... I read many of you are thinking about Family affair wich would be graet for me but it does not convince me about the health issue reference.

And is it clear that ALL OF THIS STUFF HAS BEEN ARRANGED BY STUART PRICE?!?