The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

I really hope she adds a few more dates and bring the tour to Brazil, I need to see her live (as I was underage by the time of Sticky and MDNA I wasn't able to go to the shows since my parents thought it was a waste of money).

I was thinking of seeing her in Lisbon or some other place, but that's seems very unlikely due to work and I'm almost sure they wouldn't give me 3 days off (especially due to the fact i'm the only one on the night shift)

I'm happy to have "spoiled" myself with watching the show. In anticipation one always speculates how it is going to be, and quite frankly I start designing the show in my head. Of course the real thing is nothing like it and it takes a while to accept what isn't there. But looking at it this morning it seems like a wonderful show. I could see the interludes making more sense in underpinning the narrative but that's me. It all seems very sophisticated and I love the screens throuout the venue. Only real headscratcher for me is LAV/BJ I just don't get it. Maybe because I loathe MJ, always have, I just don't see the appeal. But also in that montage his dance moves are so signature Michael and then there is a girl next to him not being like Madonna at all, non of the power or signature moves. There is so much they could have done with LAV and we get a mediocre MTV kind of tribute. The gag of having the "cake" stage and then not use it for that song is making me laugh so loud. But let's not dwell on that. The deep cuts on this show are amazing, as well as her defiance to simply play her biggest hits but play the ones she feels tell her story the best is daing and impressive. Now I just have to figure out what is the best place to be in the GA floor. I'm guessing a bit on the right side of the front stage

It will be interesting do a dissection and analysis per segments and see how many references and what eras were involved.

Frozen is not there but the video and costume is when she does rain, and those are pretty symbolic. Like the massive disco-ball (Confessions Tour / Girlie Show) the boxing in Erotica like in Girlie Show but also Hard Candy cover . The avian bottle. A reference of Express Yourself might be missing but her feminist message is present. She never did Material Girl seriously so I can see why she skip it. It's like True Blue, it might be symbolic from an era but they age apart from her career somehow.

I watched it live! It’s awesome and she looked amazing!!! But I didn’t like Hung Up and the ending was a bit a mess. 

I’m super happy she did Erotica/Bad Girl/Bedtime Stories! Those were my favorites!!! 😍😍😍 also I Will Survive was a highlight! Interesting how she added this song after what happened last June! 

1 hour ago, EgoRod said:

It will be interesting do a dissection and analysis per segments and see how many references and what eras were involved.

Frozen is not there but the video and costume is when she does rain, and those are pretty symbolic. Like the massive disco-ball (Confessions Tour / Girlie Show) the boxing in Erotica like in Girlie Show but also Hard Candy cover . The avian bottle. A reference of Express Yourself might be missing but her feminist message is present. She never did Material Girl seriously so I can see why she skip it. It's like True Blue, it might be symbolic from an era but they age apart from her career somehow.

Never? I get a more serious vibe from the Re-Invention Tour and Rebel Heart performances. "True Blue" still gets regular radio airplay.

Putting aside our different opinions, I think we should all celebrate today. I'm sure Madonna means a lot to each one of us and the fact that she's still with us and still inspiring us is pretty great. I won't lie, I was initially nervous of how she would perform, but I was glad to watch videos of her performing once more. 

Also, I know this is supposed to be a celebratory show, but in a way it feels kind of bittersweet to me too. In some form it feels like a reckoning with mortality and the passing of time.

15 minutes ago, Ayham said:

I watched it live! It’s awesome and she looked amazing!!! But I didn’t like Hung Up and the ending was a bit a mess. 

I’m super happy she did Erotica/Bad Girl/Bedtime Stories! Those were my favorites!!! 😍😍😍 also I Will Survive was a highlight! Interesting how she added this song after what happened last June! 

She didn't. She added it prior according to the pre opening night rumours, it just has more significance as a result of June.

2 hours ago, Pretender1978 said:

I'm happy to have "spoiled" myself with watching the show. In anticipation one always speculates how it is going to be, and quite frankly I start designing the show in my head. Of course the real thing is nothing like it and it takes a while to accept what isn't there. But looking at it this morning it seems like a wonderful show. I could see the interludes making more sense in underpinning the narrative but that's me. It all seems very sophisticated and I love the screens throuout the venue. Only real headscratcher for me is LAV/BJ I just don't get it. Maybe because I loathe MJ, always have, I just don't see the appeal. But also in that montage his dance moves are so signature Michael and then there is a girl next to him not being like Madonna at all, non of the power or signature moves. There is so much they could have done with LAV and we get a mediocre MTV kind of tribute. The gag of having the "cake" stage and then not use it for that song is making me laugh so loud. But let's not dwell on that. The deep cuts on this show are amazing, as well as her defiance to simply play her biggest hits but play the ones she feels tell her story the best is daing and impressive. Now I just have to figure out what is the best place to be in the GA floor. I'm guessing a bit on the right side of the front stage

Clearly, Madonna still loves and respects Michael Jackson. Some Madonna fans have come down quite harshly on other Madonna fans who believe in Jackson’s innocence, but obviously, she hasn't cancelled him. Madonna, Prince and Michael Jackson formed a pop royalty trinity in the 80s. Glad it is acknowledged. 

That medley, esp. w/ the inclusion of "Angel," is nice nod to The Virgin Tour. Maybe next time Like a Virgin will be revisited again.

18 minutes ago, johncba said:

Putting aside our different opinions, I think we should all celebrate today. I'm sure Madonna means a lot to each one of us and the fact that she's still with us and still inspiring us is pretty great. I won't lie, I was initially nervous of how she would perform, but I was glad to watch videos of her performing once more. 

Also, I know this is supposed to be a celebratory show, but in a way it feels kind of bittersweet to me too. In some form it feels like a reckoning with mortality and the passing of time.

Hopefully Madonna will live as long as Queen Elizabeth II or even longer.

13 minutes ago, Gutten said:

The performance looks great but the fact that they use the record is sooooo cheap!  I mean, it's a concert!!

For years fans have been complaining she never uses the original tracks, and for once she used the original studio multitracks.. its sounded amazing!

I cried and screamed so much watching that livestream, I still can't believe she's given us THIS much, this is a career show for the FANS. Sure I missed EY and Frozen, but Live to Tell, Bad Girl, Rain and Mother and Father feel like a fever dream, so surreal, too good to be true. Can't wait for my shows!!!!

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)