The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

10 minutes ago, kesiak said:

If you can't see how truly shallow and inappropriate it is to spend this amount of time on a woman's behind then I can't help you, you do you, but don't run around crying when you get called out on it babes. :)

I Madonna didn't want people talking about her ass she wouldnt have been showing it for the last 40 years.

35 minutes ago, broujeorbit said:

She definitely got inspired by the Renaissance tour. There are camera’s everywhere. That means a lot of professional footage. I need them ASAP! 

I don’t mean this in a negative way and don’t want to start pitting one tour above the other but: 

Renaissance tour is outstanding and impressive yes. But that stage and staging engulfs Beyoncé, you can’t really see a progression among the different songs and I love the album and was super excited to watch the show but the whole spectacle was one long, excellent, but one long performance  

While Celebration tour has so much attention to detail that every number could live on its own as a single performance, it surpasses in artistic vision and development to the other tour by far  

38 minutes ago, broujeorbit said:

She definitely got inspired by the Renaissance tour. There are camera’s everywhere. That means a lot of professional footage. I need them ASAP! 

If anything, they both got inspired by Rosalía, she did it first, last year.

And of course Madonna kinda did that concept for a bit back in 1987! :tongue:

The screen footage there was definitely pre-recorded before but her mind.

14 hours ago, missberic said:

I was thinking about this cold rumours and I find it very... irresponsible that a 65 year old woman who's just had a bacterial infection kisses multiple dancers on the mouth throughout the show. Like, who knows what these dancers are doing on their time off? One of them even kissed FKA Twigs onstage and there's a new wave of Covid happening in Europe. I don't wanna sound too prude but it just sounds unsafe for her.

It's true. However, as fans we can only limit ourselves to giving our opinion of what is good and what is bad (objectively speaking) but the one who has the last word is Madonna.

Personally, I have always disagreed with this type of kissing between people who only do it to attract attention or demonstrate a certain irreverence. Something so common in fashion artists these days. Even the kiss that Madonna gave to Britney and Christina Aguilera in 2003 seemed acceptable to me at the time but these kisses now are so... graphic and explicit... No, definitely not.

Sometimes people are unaware or overly confident that nothing bad will happen to them. Such as those women or men who decide to have someone with a history of violence as a partner, those who decide to live in countries in permanent war conflict or those who decide to drive while intoxicated, etc.

I only know that if in the future I end up without the opportunity to see this wonderful tour live I won't have to blame fate at all.

Madonna and her dancers are literally all over each other for at least two hours (plus backstage time?) in closed arenas every night, hugging, touching, sweating and breathing all together. No kissing wouldn't make it much less risky in that regard, I think. If any of them gets sick the rest will follow anyway under those circumstances.

Plus audiences coming from everywhere, etc.

She'll be fine!

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

No one's making any drama. You can talk all you want about her butt, make up or anything as much as others can say how superfluous it seems to them (me included) talking about that while she's giving us one of the most important shows of her career.

Go on, but to me it's like talking about her breasts while discussing the "Blond Ambition Tour". I'd rather talk about all the other million details this show has.

Perhaps it's the first time I've commented on her butt. Or the second time, maybe. I love what she does in this tour, despite few flaws.

I simply notice that as soon as someone mentions the butt topic, they are attacked by those who say, "She removed the implants, stop saying this" or by those who say, "With all the things we talk about, we talk about this? There's so much else to discuss." because they don't want to talk about this aspect of her life and her public image.

I agree there are many other topics, but that doesn't mean we can't ALSO talk about this.

And btw, it doesn't seem to me that Madonna had undergone breast augmentation in the previous years at the BAT.

3 hours ago, milingo83 said:

357bc4b7d01347f39ea0f8ec2c93808c36b7ab7e7fdb261da68e8d82ab192ce1.thumb.jpg.81c72dfc666704413800f54c4f42007d.jpg6a5bfb7a406a3a5a237cac44391a817f6fc42b079efdaf54bd5a94e17f7724f0.thumb.jpg.7319b7ac71f74d1bc46c3b89911bd08a.jpg

Could you tell me what are you talking about please? 

The position, along with well-designed costumes, is what matters. But I was there, and in BIM and Bedtime Story her big bottom was very noticeable. I knew there are butt implant deniers.
She's not stupid, she wouldn't go under the knife after a serious infection.

This is from the opening night

Mad.thumb.jpg.95e7c322e09267d2dac96aeb7a900bc9.jpg

Edited by FraP (see edit history)

28 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

I don’t mean this in a negative way and don’t want to start pitting one tour above the other but: 

Renaissance tour is outstanding and impressive yes. But that stage and staging engulfs Beyoncé, you can’t really see a progression among the different songs and I love the album and was super excited to watch the show but the whole spectacle was one long, excellent, but one long performance  

While Celebration tour has so much attention to detail that every number could live on its own as a single performance, it surpasses in artistic vision and development to the other tour by far  

I meant the camera’s. Not the show itself. Beyonce had her crew with camera’s filming the show on stage. And she had all these cameras everywhere. 

I see the same thing on the celebration tour, which means every show is professionally recorded. 
I hope she release them. 

2 hours ago, kesiak said:

If you can't see how truly shallow and inappropriate it is to spend this amount of time on a woman's behind then I can't help you, you do you, but don't run around crying when you get called out on it babes. :)

THANK YOU. Also, considering we have MADONNA TOURING, being active and relevant after 40 years of career and willing to treat us with such a great tour, songs and performances we have been asking for for years, it's such a shame and a waste to be talking about her butt. It truly is a pity...

Was this posted?

Some of the comments (if she sounds good, some believe it must be lipped 'cause they are conditioned to see her as a non-singer):

@clintmitchell8816 why do you always have to say “she’s not the best singer in the world”? You leave the impression she can’t sing and that is certainly not the case. You’ve heard many recordings where her singing is top notch like “Lament” (Reinvention Tour) or Sooner or Later (Oscars) most of her peers couldn’t match vocally. Try “Express Yourself” “Why’s it so Hard” and “Holiday” from Girlie Show.

@cristoferchanimak She mixed up the lyrics lol

@albertogiovannirinconalfar462 It's all live

@monikel When it sounds "good" it is lipsinked or heavily autotuned.

@jay_ooh I think this is a terrible clip of this song, I've heard MUCH more clearer and closer versions of this exact performance and it sounds AMAZING, no suspected lip synching or anything, ...I really think you chose a bum clip of this performance.

@mclkaraboulad Are you seriously waisting your time analyzing madonna s voice ? Since when madonna was a singer ?

@ayseersoy8348 It’s not live for sure

@mikecairnduff Are Madonna fans delusional? She wouldn't win a lip sync battle if it were her own song.

@SandalioElVolao It wasn’t live. We all know how she sings live. Love her though

@rol_rob2603 Okay, my opinion is... Michael Jackson did lip sync during all the shows of the Dangerous Tour and nobody said anything about and it was Michael Jackson who is supposed to sing 10 times better than Madonna. Britney Spears used playback all the time and people always support her. But, when Madonna sing using a precorded vocals then all the complains goes to her because Madonna deserves it. Give a break!!!!

^ @supaaaree soooo true

@xcala3038 She's singing over a track. It's modulated depending on the note. Madonna put the most effort into her instrument when she trained for Evita. All downhill from there. She would get tossed off of "American Idol" in the first round if she auditioned today. Please, be honest. This is a spectacle. The mediocre vocals are not what people are showing up for.

^ @Nichole.Monroe She's a performer. Not a singer. I doubt shed even get through if she auditioned for one of those shows.

@MarthaMansbridge I’m sorry but, whilst they’re hardly stunning vocals to begin with, it was pretty obvious to me and friends that she was still lip syncing to a live recording. She’s clever enough to ensure it doesn’t sound amazing but you’d have thought she would try to sound less strained than she did - I’d honestly say almost none of this show is truly live. We all know she’s had some truly shocking performances, anyone who thinks now, at 65, she’s suddenly discovered how to sing live and in tune is losing the plot.

@earlusmcdivett Jesus Christ, you don’t have to have a degree to know this one song is 100% live. There’s not even a background vocal here. The biggest giveaway here is there is absolutely no difference in sound quality the entire time. It’s also clear to me once she gets up from the bench, she sounds slightly different because of standing up.

@witoldwozniak You’re very nice with your comments, Georgina. It’s all either playback or very auto-tuned vocals, pre-recorded track. But as we know it, it couldn’t be otherwise for the tour to go ahead…

@THATGUYYOULIKE The chorus is lipsync, her WHOLE tone changes. But still beautiful. The music video is beautiful and haunting

@01HGG It's live, including chorus. If you watch other clips, her backing sinners are singing with her or there is a backing track so the tone is different.

@linnpalm4303 She def sings live. She usually does and then have some backing vocals for certain parts on high energy show parts or when it's very stylistic spoken words as in the beginning of Bedtime stories (often it's the back up singers doing it live).

@mistermadonna I was there and she sings live, although there are moments where the backing track is blending in more. It's very well done in my opinion. And I don't care because Madonna is more than a singer, I'm not there for a singing contest, at least she sounds better than ever and you mostly hear her live. Her show is amazing and she is telling her story with her songs. She is meeting her incarnations and younger selves on stage, talks to them, kisses and embraces them. At the end all dancers are dressed Madonna in one of her iconic looks. The show is unique and sometimes emotional. Bad girl is actually a highlight for me.

@simonethefiregoddess904 Hi Georgina, as a vocalist, I can confirm she is singing live. I saw her live twice in London … this tour is unique in that Stuart Price has used modelled mic settings to capture the authentic sounds of the original studio recordings and so there is an analogue sound difference from the different mic studio chain settings for different parts. But I can confirm her live voice all with sibilance, breath and pause are evident in real time in the mix of the arena speakers. They really have focussed this tour more on the live vocals like the intimacy of the Madame X tour for a reflective arena world tour. We heard her cough, some off tuning, fragility, rasp, chest/head voice movement, and overall such strong vocals that were high in the mix and very clear and perhaps too earnest at times but such a testament to her tone, depth and warmth or personality of vocal. Live auto tune and silencer like everyone is using can also modify the tone, vacuum space of sound too. However, vocally this was great. Between the two gigs I saw even on the same song I can distinguish the better vocal performances - which shows that this is a far more human and live event like Madame X. She’s here for the intimate and vocal performance now. Vocal highlights - live to tell, rain ; bad girl, crazy for you, ray of light; low vocal point - human nature (didn’t work and not sure why). Die another day live with its live vocoder effect was actually the best I’ve heard live vocoder in balance between a human live singing vocal and some modulation or distortion ; but I know you’re not a fan of vocoder even for the art. Whereas I like vocoder on vocals for artistic reason. Maybe this is your compromise mid point ground though :) Who knows. Wishing you and family happiness x

@jambogb Love, I was lucky enough to be there also during rehearsal and I can assure you that Bad Girl was sang completely LIVE! Looove your videos 🥰

@user-vd9ml5jz8y Interesting. Have you compared other nights performance of Bad girl? Or read what Stuart Price has said about the show being sung live? As a fan of 40 years I thought it was better than the single version. Madonna is not Adel or Whitney but she is also not Sam Fox either. Good luck with your shop.

@cryinginagoodway.3132 hi vocal coach!!! love your videos, Stuart Piece (madonna's producer) said in a interview that the show is fully live! u should react to Crazy For You from the opening night too, she sounds more clear and truly beautiful.

@b.k8051 I saw Madonna in concert during her Reinvention tour. One thing I can say about Madonna is that she's obviously a perfectionist. Her tour was like a Swiss clock. And her vocals appeared to be all live and sounded very good

@lamusiclover2264 Ive watched various tapes of this tour. I can tell you that she is not lip syncing. She cant move or dance much due to her knee, so she is singing live, but there is an optional backing track that occasionally accompanies her, but to me this is mostly live. There is no live band, Stuart Price said he created the prerecorded entire concert track, with occasionally has some background vocals recorded as well. I think she gave the best live vocals since " Blind Ambition". Yes, she lio synced plenty in the past, but I think she's using her inability to move as much as an opportunity to do more good live vocals. There are so many concert videos posted. Watch the Ines that are from up close where you can see her lips. This is cell phone sound. Now I'm sure they'll mess with and re-do her vocals in the studio for the concert video or film, and it will not sound as life because they always make it sound too perfect.

7 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

Was this posted?

Some of the comments (if she sounds good, some believe it must be lipped 'cause they are conditioned to see her as a non-singer):

@clintmitchell8816 why do you always have to say “she’s not the best singer in the world”? You leave the impression she can’t sing and that is certainly not the case. You’ve heard many recordings where her singing is top notch like “Lament” (Reinvention Tour) or Sooner or Later (Oscars) most of her peers couldn’t match vocally. Try “Express Yourself” “Why’s it so Hard” and “Holiday” from Girlie Show.

@cristoferchanimak She mixed up the lyrics lol

@albertogiovannirinconalfar462 It's all live

@monikel When it sounds "good" it is lipsinked or heavily autotuned.

@jay_ooh I think this is a terrible clip of this song, I've heard MUCH more clearer and closer versions of this exact performance and it sounds AMAZING, no suspected lip synching or anything, ...I really think you chose a bum clip of this performance.

@mclkaraboulad Are you seriously waisting your time analyzing madonna s voice ? Since when madonna was a singer ?

@ayseersoy8348 It’s not live for sure

@mikecairnduff Are Madonna fans delusional? She wouldn't win a lip sync battle if it were her own song.

@SandalioElVolao It wasn’t live. We all know how she sings live. Love her though

@rol_rob2603 Okay, my opinion is... Michael Jackson did lip sync during all the shows of the Dangerous Tour and nobody said anything about and it was Michael Jackson who is supposed to sing 10 times better than Madonna. Britney Spears used playback all the time and people always support her. But, when Madonna sing using a precorded vocals then all the complains goes to her because Madonna deserves it. Give a break!!!!

^ @supaaaree soooo true

@xcala3038 She's singing over a track. It's modulated depending on the note. Madonna put the most effort into her instrument when she trained for Evita. All downhill from there. She would get tossed off of "American Idol" in the first round if she auditioned today. Please, be honest. This is a spectacle. The mediocre vocals are not what people are showing up for.

^ @Nichole.Monroe She's a performer. Not a singer. I doubt shed even get through if she auditioned for one of those shows.

@MarthaMansbridge I’m sorry but, whilst they’re hardly stunning vocals to begin with, it was pretty obvious to me and friends that she was still lip syncing to a live recording. She’s clever enough to ensure it doesn’t sound amazing but you’d have thought she would try to sound less strained than she did - I’d honestly say almost none of this show is truly live. We all know she’s had some truly shocking performances, anyone who thinks now, at 65, she’s suddenly discovered how to sing live and in tune is losing the plot.

@earlusmcdivett Jesus Christ, you don’t have to have a degree to know this one song is 100% live. There’s not even a background vocal here. The biggest giveaway here is there is absolutely no difference in sound quality the entire time. It’s also clear to me once she gets up from the bench, she sounds slightly different because of standing up.

@witoldwozniak You’re very nice with your comments, Georgina. It’s all either playback or very auto-tuned vocals, pre-recorded track. But as we know it, it couldn’t be otherwise for the tour to go ahead…

@THATGUYYOULIKE The chorus is lipsync, her WHOLE tone changes. But still beautiful. The music video is beautiful and haunting

@01HGG It's live, including chorus. If you watch other clips, her backing sinners are singing with her or there is a backing track so the tone is different.

@linnpalm4303 She def sings live. She usually does and then have some backing vocals for certain parts on high energy show parts or when it's very stylistic spoken words as in the beginning of Bedtime stories (often it's the back up singers doing it live).

@mistermadonna I was there and she sings live, although there are moments where the backing track is blending in more. It's very well done in my opinion. And I don't care because Madonna is more than a singer, I'm not there for a singing contest, at least she sounds better than ever and you mostly hear her live. Her show is amazing and she is telling her story with her songs. She is meeting her incarnations and younger selves on stage, talks to them, kisses and embraces them. At the end all dancers are dressed Madonna in one of her iconic looks. The show is unique and sometimes emotional. Bad girl is actually a highlight for me.

@simonethefiregoddess904 Hi Georgina, as a vocalist, I can confirm she is singing live. I saw her live twice in London … this tour is unique in that Stuart Price has used modelled mic settings to capture the authentic sounds of the original studio recordings and so there is an analogue sound difference from the different mic studio chain settings for different parts. But I can confirm her live voice all with sibilance, breath and pause are evident in real time in the mix of the arena speakers. They really have focussed this tour more on the live vocals like the intimacy of the Madame X tour for a reflective arena world tour. We heard her cough, some off tuning, fragility, rasp, chest/head voice movement, and overall such strong vocals that were high in the mix and very clear and perhaps too earnest at times but such a testament to her tone, depth and warmth or personality of vocal. Live auto tune and silencer like everyone is using can also modify the tone, vacuum space of sound too. However, vocally this was great. Between the two gigs I saw even on the same song I can distinguish the better vocal performances - which shows that this is a far more human and live event like Madame X. She’s here for the intimate and vocal performance now. Vocal highlights - live to tell, rain ; bad girl, crazy for you, ray of light; low vocal point - human nature (didn’t work and not sure why). Die another day live with its live vocoder effect was actually the best I’ve heard live vocoder in balance between a human live singing vocal and some modulation or distortion ; but I know you’re not a fan of vocoder even for the art. Whereas I like vocoder on vocals for artistic reason. Maybe this is your compromise mid point ground though :) Who knows. Wishing you and family happiness x

@jambogb Love, I was lucky enough to be there also during rehearsal and I can assure you that Bad Girl was sang completely LIVE! Looove your videos 🥰

@user-vd9ml5jz8y Interesting. Have you compared other nights performance of Bad girl? Or read what Stuart Price has said about the show being sung live? As a fan of 40 years I thought it was better than the single version. Madonna is not Adel or Whitney but she is also not Sam Fox either. Good luck with your shop.

@cryinginagoodway.3132 hi vocal coach!!! love your videos, Stuart Piece (madonna's producer) said in a interview that the show is fully live! u should react to Crazy For You from the opening night too, she sounds more clear and truly beautiful.

@b.k8051 I saw Madonna in concert during her Reinvention tour. One thing I can say about Madonna is that she's obviously a perfectionist. Her tour was like a Swiss clock. And her vocals appeared to be all live and sounded very good

@lamusiclover2264 Ive watched various tapes of this tour. I can tell you that she is not lip syncing. She cant move or dance much due to her knee, so she is singing live, but there is an optional backing track that occasionally accompanies her, but to me this is mostly live. There is no live band, Stuart Price said he created the prerecorded entire concert track, with occasionally has some background vocals recorded as well. I think she gave the best live vocals since " Blind Ambition". Yes, she lio synced plenty in the past, but I think she's using her inability to move as much as an opportunity to do more good live vocals. There are so many concert videos posted. Watch the Ines that are from up close where you can see her lips. This is cell phone sound. Now I'm sure they'll mess with and re-do her vocals in the studio for the concert video or film, and it will not sound as life because they always make it sound too perfect.

We were talking about it here:

I'm disabled and I cannot drive, so I rely on my mom and other relatives/family friends to take me places. My mom likes Madonna's music(her fave songs of hers are LAP, LIB, and most of her ballads) but is very prudish about nudity and such, so I'm asking, is the partial nudity/toplessness in the sex section real or just simulated with flesh-colored leotards or something? Hard to tell in the mostly mediocre quality bootlegs I've watched on YouTube. I must admit that I very selfishly hoped she'd keep it at least PG-13 for this tour, at least no more explicit than BAT(where she simulated masturbation during LAV to much controversy, but I don't recall any actual nudity on that tour...?), as I wanted to go with my mom and I didn't want her to be uncomfortable. I know, I know, this is Madonna we're talking about, but asking for my mom ;)

Edited by Kae-Leah Williamson (see edit history)

1 hour ago, FraP said:

Perhaps it's the first time I've commented on her butt. Or the second time, maybe. I love what she does in this tour, despite few flaws.

I simply notice that as soon as someone mentions the butt topic, they are attacked by those who say, "She removed the implants, stop saying this" or by those who say, "With all the things we talk about, we talk about this? There's so much else to discuss." because they don't want to talk about this aspect of her life and her public image.

I agree there are many other topics, but that doesn't mean we can't ALSO talk about this.

And btw, it doesn't seem to me that Madonna had undergone breast augmentation in the previous years at the BAT.

The position, along with well-designed costumes, is what matters. But I was there, and in BIM and Bedtime Story her big bottom was very noticeable. I knew there are butt implant deniers.
She's not stupid, she wouldn't go under the knife after a serious infection. 

Doesn't it occur to you that some outfits were created before she removed everything and there was no way or time to change them and she has to fill them with Pads? However, OK...

giphy.gif

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)