The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

33 minutes ago, Frank said:

Munchie I think, backup singer for Madame X and the Celebration Tour (pre-recorded, as we already know, also with Kylie Dean - real name? -).

Andrea "Munchie" Lanz

3 hours ago, PHIL said:

question: even for the first us-date in december, plenty of tickets are available. what's going on? people still not sure over there 'she's gonna make it?'

I think the rich-poor divide in the US is becoming untenable and perhaps there’s a real resistance to the dynamic pricing model that Ticketmaster uses. People who purchased tickets in the presale also then list their floor tickets for up to $10k. It’s total debauchery and decadence in all the wrong ways. Also, Madonna just hasn’t been very popular in the US in recent years. Her public persona since 2020 has really alienated her casual fan base. She will pull through because the show is so good, but she might need to do some promo in this week leading up to opening night in Brooklyn. 

Date                             City                          Country                    Venue                   Judge guest

October  14, 2023     London                   England             The O2 Arena              Lourdes Leon
October  15, 2023     London                   England             The O2 Arena              FKA Twigs
October  17, 2023     London                   England             The O2 Arena              Diplo
October  18, 2023     London                   England             The O2 Arena              Julia Fox
October  21, 2023     Antwerp                  Belgium             Sportpaleis                 Damien Jalet
October  22, 2023     Antwerp                  Belgium             Sportpaleis                 Stuart Price
October  25, 2023    Copenhagen           Denmark            Royal Arena                Allauné Blegbo 
October  26, 2023    Copenhagen           Denmark            Royal Arena                Aquaria
October  28, 2023    Stockholm              Sweden              Tele2 Arena                 Rocco Ritchie
November 1, 2023    Barcelona              Spain                  Palau Sant Jordi         Arca
November 2, 2023    Barcelona              Spain                  Palau Sant Jordi         Úrsula Corberó 
November 6, 2023    Lisbon                    Portugal             Altice Arena                Jon Kortajerena 
November 7, 2023    Lisbon                    Portugal             Altice Arena                Jean Paul Gaultier
November 12, 2023    Paris                     France                Accor Arena                Matières fecales
November 13, 2023    Paris                     France                Accor Arena                French artist photographer JR
November 15, 2023    Cologne               Germany            Lanxess Arena            Andrea "Munchie" Lanz      

November 16, 2023    Cologne               Germany            Lanxess Arena            The chef is one of M. babysitters
November 19, 2023    Paris                    France                 Accor Arena                                 
November 20, 2023    Paris                    France                 Accor Arena

kooste.JPG

41 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

I think the rich-poor divide in the US is becoming untenable and perhaps there’s a real resistance to the dynamic pricing model that Ticketmaster uses. People who purchased tickets in the presale also then list their floor tickets for up to $10k. It’s total debauchery and decadence in all the wrong ways. Also, Madonna just hasn’t been very popular in the US in recent years. Her public persona since 2020 has really alienated her casual fan base. She will pull through because the show is so good, but she might need to do some promo in this week leading up to opening night in Brooklyn. 

I think this is all valid as to the reasons. Plus with Madonna's fanbase aging, not like a Beyonce or Taylor Swift crowd, it can be hard to sell tickets since there aren't as many fans. Maybe she'll do some US interviews when she gets here that might help a little.

I have tickets to the Pittsburgh show in February and Ticketmaster shows a majority of the arena still available for sale.

4 hours ago, PHIL said:

question: even for the first us-date in december, plenty of tickets are available. what's going on? people still not sure over there 'she's gonna make it?'

Ticketmaster's strategy is optimizing their revenue and crushing the black market. They release enough new tickets in the right time to prevent other parties to benefit from the first sold out batch. (Totally unfair behaviour btw.)

On the other hand, concertgoers can buy "affordable" tickets at the last time, so good for them...

I keep reading bad stuff about the Cologne reception, both from the audience and the German media. Apparently the audience were dead quiet, some of them giving dirty stares to those who DARED to have fun and sing along, so no wonder she was pissed off after the warm reception in Barcelona, Lisbon and Paris and she posted that fart joke video on her Instagram stories yesterday.

And just read this new one about it on Pop Justice:

German TV was very negative about her Cologne concerts cause she started around 10.

They showed boo-ing tik tok videos and talked how she wasn‘t moving as much.

As trash as that is it does have an effect. I went to my hairdresser today and he had seen that report and asked me why she always starts so late.

And I live in Switzerland and not Germany.

German press have been brutal to her in the last... eras? Especially after Eurovision she was trashed badly. While starting at 10 doesn't help, I think they would have picked up on any other issue to trash her.

Back to Paris for tomorrow, sure she'll have a great time again.

2 hours ago, dankpepe said:

I think this is all valid as to the reasons. Plus with Madonna's fanbase aging, not like a Beyonce or Taylor Swift crowd, it can be hard to sell tickets since there aren't as many fans. Maybe she'll do some US interviews when she gets here that might help a little.

I have tickets to the Pittsburgh show in February and Ticketmaster shows a majority of the arena still available for sale.

Are these *new*/standard tickets, or resale? If it’s the latter, everyone has those. Even Taylor and Beyonce. In Chicago all that are left are behind the stage or scattered tickets in the upper levels, then resale tickets.

12 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Are these *new*/standard tickets, or resale? If it’s the latter, everyone has those. Even Taylor and Beyonce. In Chicago all that are left are behind the stage or scattered tickets in the upper levels, then resale tickets.

Standard tickets, not resale: https://www.ticketmaster.com/madonna-the-celebration-tour-pittsburgh-pennsylvania-02-05-2024/event/16005E2777DA16A3

The resale are the pink dots. Regular tickets are the blue and orange. Tons of seats still available on the floor.

13 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

Standard tickets, not resale: https://www.ticketmaster.com/madonna-the-celebration-tour-pittsburgh-pennsylvania-02-05-2024/event/16005E2777DA16A3

The resale are the pink dots. Regular tickets are the blue and orange. Tons of seats still available on the floor.

Yeah, I looked myself after I posted. To some extent they may have overestimated the demand, sadly. Like, Philly sold well, not so much Pittsburgh; MSG shows sold well, not so much Barclays, etc.

Maybe the postponement is a factor. People just said screw it. I’d hoped the good reviews the debut shows got in the press here would reignite interest but idk.

1 hour ago, dankpepe said:

And will be sold by the time the show starts.  Some conveniently forget, this is typical especially with her U.S. shows. Tickets are expensive for a lot of Americans, and like many pointed out, they are the last to grab tickets.  She is hardly not struggling to sell tickets if some are trying to allude such. :)

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)