The (lack of) tour book

Prayer

So any news from the tour book, if we're getting one?

I remember the MXT ones were produced later after the premiere of the tour... will it be the same case now or we won't get one at all? Tour books sadly seem a thing of the past for many big touring artists nowadays, but it would be weird to have a greatest hits tour and not getting one with her.

What do you think? :Madonna003:

Some have claimed there won't be one, but I am not sure that's anything "official".  Maybe something will come along as the tour goes on. I hope so.  That's one thing I like to have from this tour.  It's a shame tour books are no longer happening for many artists.  Everything is digital/streaming anymore.  It's just nice to have something physically from the tour when it comes to Tour Programs.

I thought there would be a fancy box like Madame X had that vip book. It should be nice to have at least partially reproductions of past tour programme pages/ pictures and/ or past concert pictures in it. Maybe feature past concerts tickets mock ups as bonus items.

Maybe she's interested in doing another collab with her fellow photographers (oseary, munro, mert alas, klein...) and releasing a photo book like those Oseary did for CT and S&ST? Also, this idea could even work as the tour keeps rolling, with photos from the first concerts/ backstage too...

Thing is: they have good options. They just won't do it. :poo:

1 hour ago, michel.kettermann said:

For a tour that celebrates her 40 years in music, they should rerelease all of her previous tourbooks and put them for sale on her official page. At least everyone would finally have the chance of getting a physical copy.

Right? I thought releasing the Blond Ambition bomber jacket was just the beginning! What a fool :dead:

2 hours ago, Babooshka said:

We should make and print our own tourbook fanmade

Good idea! And I bet it would be really good and even better than what her team would put together. A coffee table book celebrating all of her tours would be awesome too. 

It'd definitely be a good time to make a retrospective one with a new shoot but who knows? Hopefully, we get one. I loved the tour books and when I went to MDNA and RHT, probably the only merch I bought. Most of the shirts there were almost out by the time I got to the stand. Fingers crossed!

The tour books are not made for every tour. The official tour book for Confessions (by Guy Oseary) came out at least a year after the tour was over.  I am sure it will be release a year or two after the tour like Confessions. 

Tour books were only made for: 

The Girlie Show 

Confessions Tour 

And they come out at least a year after the tour.

8 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

The tour books are not made for every tour. The official tour book for Confessions (by Guy Oseary) came out at least a year after the tour was over.  I am sure it will be release a year or two after the tour like Confessions. 

There has been a tour book/program for every tour of hers. The book G. Oseary put out was not the tour book for Confessions. It was  the photographs he took during the tour.

4 minutes ago, otcoam said:

There has been a tour book/program for every tour of hers. The book G. Oseary put out was not the tour book for Confessions. It was  the photographs he took during the tour.

Wrong. Only tour PROGRAMS were released for every tour. Tour BOOKS were only released for a couple or so tours either as VIP gifts or photo books etc like Confessions or Girlie Show with a CD. 

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Obviously we're talking about the tour programs, widely known as tour books, not the coffee table photo books like the ones for "Girlie", "Confessions" and "Hard Candy".

Ok, and there was a special VIP BOOK (not official programs)  for Rebel Hearts 💕 and Madame X if I am not mistaken. 

I was really hoping for a tourbook of the quality of BA, with multiple shoots, stills from videos and a written essay about 40 years of queendom, maybe this time even written by herself. Even better would be if it would contain concepts and rehearsal images from the development phase (bit like Beyonce) it would be a great addition to this show to have a document that goes deeper into all the references and the story arc

52 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Wrong. Only tour PROGRAMS were released for every tour. Tour BOOKS were only released for a couple or so tours either as VIP gifts or photo books etc like Confessions or Girlie Show with a CD. 

I'm not wrong. You are! Tour Programs & Tour Books are synonymous.  And I even used a / in between the two so you would understand. All the ""Books" put out after the tours were speciality publications that showcased the live images from the tour itself.

seriously they miss everything good.

Madonna's team is worst team ever. Instead of doing stupid ugly apparels they should do the base of every tour merch since begining that many people always buy = a program !

I would never buy these t-shirts... I'm not 13 anymore to wear my superstar idol on me... I don't have any poster in my room too...

1 hour ago, otcoam said:

I'm not wrong. You are! Tour Programs & Tour Books are synonymous.  And I even used a / in between the two so you would understand. All the ""Books" put out after the tours were speciality publications that showcased the live images from the tour itself.

WRONG!

🤣🤗

The Tour Books and the posters that were available for past tours were the best collectables in my opinion.  Fans would definitely buy them this go around too.  She has always put a lot of effort into her Tour Books with new photoshoots, stills from Music Videos, tour related graphics, etc...  I will definitely be disappointed if there isn't one this time.  I'm still waiting for a new Madonna Calendar. I really miss those too.