MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

Oh God, I love the song!

I was being sarcastic about the album version being better than the remix lol

I love most of the remixes.

That vocal, tho! :luv:

Yaaaas the vocals. I love love love Shep’s re-remix on the Justify single where he strips away everything and it’s just her voice.

On 8/15/2023 at 5:10 PM, PaperFaces said:

What are the main differences between the album mix and 7" mix?

I know he added strings,. Anything else? Is it just mixed differently?

Well, mainly he also added a really fat bass and made it funkier.  It's especially prominent when you play the LP Like A Prayer and the 7" Express Yourself back to back. IF you have a good record player. :)

Well, another milestone date comes and goes without any big announcement. I can only deduce that these Warner re-issues are not going to be in any order or tied to any anniversary. 40 years of the debut album has already lost some of its marketing impact IMO.

I would now make the assumption that the first re-issue will in fact be Celebration: Tour Edition with 40 greatest hits celebrating 40 years which we would probably have by now if the tour hadn't been postponed. They'll swap out a few of the unnecessarily long versions for single edits and add a few post-2009 tracks. Maybe even merge some versions on streaming!!

Whatever else may come will be whenever the want them to come out. Without any apparent rhyme or reason... the speculation has been exhausting.

9 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

Well, another milestone date comes and goes without any big announcement. I can only deduce that these Warner re-issues are not going to be in any order or tied to any anniversary. 40 years of the debut album has already lost some of its marketing impact IMO.

I would now make the assumption that the first re-issue will in fact be Celebration: Tour Edition with 40 greatest hits celebrating 40 years which we would probably have by now if the tour hadn't been postponed. They'll swap out a few of the unnecessarily long versions for single edits and add a few post-2009 tracks. Maybe even merge some versions on streaming!!

Whatever else may come will be whenever the want them to come out. Without any apparent rhyme or reason... the speculation has been exhausting.

It's true.

Kylie's debut album turned 35 in July, and the 35th anniversary LP is released later this fall.

Twisted Sister's debut turned 40 last year, and the 40th anniversary comes later this fall. When the album turns 41... :03:

Madonna's team IS working on those reissues.  Now we know that we can't predict when they come, we just know that they'll be released #soon... :08:

1 hour ago, Bjonkers said:

Yes, an uptaded version of Celebration compilation would be very welcome at this point adding some missing hits and also It's so cool and Broken, even if it's only available in the streams.

On the other hand, I don't understand why Madame X tour vinyl is getting a release at this point under Rhino/WMG instead a classic album re-issue or another hits compilation since it's a previous tour and a flop. 

Here's a good tip - stop expecting and imagining 😁 it's just not worth the heartbreak and disappointment I see here every day, page after page. Live your life, Madonna is living hers. I'm glad she's still with us, she's still standing and I appreciate that more than reissues or demos or remixes. If she chooses to records more new stuff, cool I'll check it out, if not she's already done so much and accomplished more than we could have wished for.

On 8/14/2023 at 7:54 PM, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Clearly there was something wrong about YOUR post to make us feel this way. The blame is certainly all on you. You cast us as something we're not, and you're gonna get clapback when you do so. Period

You seem to be really aggressively trying to speak for a lot of people here, talking about "blame" and somehow "disrepecting Madonna" by wanting to hear more music.  Maybe you could take it down a notch?  People are allowed to have different opinions and desires for these (eventual) reissues .

5 minutes ago, lap said:

Yes, an uptaded version of Celebration compilation would be very welcome at this point adding some missing hits and also It's so cool and Broken, even if it's only available in the streams.

On the other hand, I don't understand why Madame X tour vinyl is getting a release at this point under Rhino/WMG instead a classic album re-issue or another hits compilation since it's a previous tour and a flop. 

Collectors are an easy demographic when it comes to vinyl, they know they'll shift a certain amount of copies.

Just now, Bjonkers said:

Collectors are an easy demographic when it comes to vinyl, they know they'll shift a certain amount of copies.

True and the rise in Vinyl sales and popularity is another reason as well. 

I have no issue with the special curated projects that has happened so far.  I just wish a "deluxe re-issue" from one of the classic albums to be available by now.  I know we've exhausted this topic, but I'm sure it will happen at some point.  Meanwhile, I'm just enjoying what is being released. :luv:

2 hours ago, momosfantasy said:

You seem to be really aggressively trying to speak for a lot of people here, talking about "blame" and somehow "disrepecting Madonna" by wanting to hear more music.  Maybe you could take it down a notch?  People are allowed to have different opinions and desires for these (eventual) reissues .

LMAOOOO. 1. Not aggressive 2. They started it 3. I agree with your last sentence so say it to the people I was RESPONDING to who were insulting and being rude about those of us who want color vinyl first. You're completely addressing the wrong person here, and I can rest easy certain of that. 

We already moved on from this and please note that you're the one bringing it back up right now, btw. So whatever you might respond to this - pissy as I'm sure it will be - please soak it in that you're the one who just dredged this up again when I was fully moved on. 

Guess what you guys! It just occurred to me that I've had tea in my instagram inbox this whole entire time, regarding this deal. 

I suppose I was so blinded by hope for an announcement on July 27th [aka the actual anniversary date] that I mentally pushed aside this information I had priorly received.

Addiction to Vinyl is a reputable source for vinyl record news & releases, and they are reliably accurate in their reporting. They tend to know information about certain releases before the news has even been announced.

On June 7th, I privately messaged them and asked about the MDNA vinyl repress which had just been announced. They confirmed to me that it was only a standard black repress of the previously released product. HOWEVER, they then proceeded to reveal insider information they had received about the "expansive deluxe editions" of Madonna's studio albums.

According to AtV, all of Madonna's albums will be given the deluxe edition treatment over the course of the next 5 years. They will be re-released in order on colored vinyl and the first one should be appearing around September!

Once again, this was told to me back in early June, so the plan was allegedly never to coincide with the actual 40th anniversary in July, nor the original commencement of the tour. I personally trust this source and I look forward to September :hyper:

3 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Guess what you guys! It just occurred to me that I've had tea in my instagram inbox this whole entire time, regarding this deal. 

I suppose I was so blinded by hope for an announcement on July 27th [aka the actual anniversary date] that I mentally pushed aside this information I had priorly received.        Please see the background info hidden in the spoiler tag to save space:

Addiction to Vinyl is a reputable source for vinyl record news & releases, and they are reliably accurate in their reporting. They tend to know information about certain releases before the news has even been announced.

On June 7th, I privately messaged them and asked about the MDNA vinyl repress which had just been announced. They confirmed to me that it was only a standard black repress of the previously released product. HOWEVER, they then proceeded to reveal insider information they had received about the "expansive deluxe editions" of Madonna's studio albums.

According to AtV, all of Madonna's albums will be given the deluxe edition treatment over the course of the next 5 years. They will be re-released in order on colored vinyl and the first one should be appearing around September!

Once again, this was told to me back in early June, so the plan was allegedly never to coincide with the actual 40th anniversary in July, nor the original commencement of the tour. I personally trust this source and I look forward to September :hyper:

Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.  But I do thank you for the info. I know you are simply the "messenger" here. To me, this sounds like a lot of guessing on the part of the one who sent you that info, based on the official Press statement, two years ago.  My guess it's not hard to assume this would take up to five years as it was stated as a "multi-year deal".  Also, it's not hard to deduce that the albums will get a "deluxe edition treatment" since that is what was mentioned as part of the official press statement. The rest can be guess work, due to the fact that Colored vinyls have been becoming increasingly popular.  As for the prediction of "around September", that will remain to be seen, but fall releases tend to be a better time to release albums, especially as it gets closer to the holidays.

We shall see!  But I won't be getting my hopes up that any of this is true.

1 minute ago, McDonna said:

But Hard Candy is a WARNERS release.  Again, this sounds like BS to me.

Maybe they just meant Madame X and counted the wrong third. They've been a #1 source of vinyl information for a long time and would not risk tarnishing their reputation by telling me guesswork. If they said this, it's because they received it from a connection. Just letting you know, I wouldn't have shared if I thought it was simply their interpretation of the press release. They have a reputation to uphold. But, as always, you are free to have your doubts, of course. I just wanted to clarify.

Thanks for the info. September now is for the "Madame X Tour" release (original planned for August) and we've seen they don't like to mix big physical releases to maximize sales, so whatever the original plan was, nothing else "big" is coming in September, that's for sure.

22 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Maybe they just meant Madame X and counted the wrong third. They've been a #1 source of vinyl information for a long time and would not risk tarnishing their reputation by telling me guesswork. If they said this, it's because they received it from a connection. Just letting you know, I wouldn't have shared if I thought it was simply their interpretation of the press release. They have a reputation to uphold. But, as always, you are free to have your doubts, of course. I just wanted to clarify.

Please note, I do appreciate you sharing, so my doubts or comments have nothing to do with you personally.  I've seen enough of your posts, to know you are genuinely trying to share something.  But of course, you can understand anyone's doubt, right?

I suspect the "September" prediction is probably info regarding the MX Tour vinyl and possibly they assumed it may have been for a Deluxe Album release.  You getting this info early in June, makes sense as MX Tour VInyl is due for a September release.  So I am sure that is where the September comes in. A lot of sources/stores tend to get info on what will be released a few months ahead of time. In many cases, they may not know the details of the release at that time. 

Again, thanks for the info. It's always welcomed.  :)

So we are just getting vinyl ? What’s the fucking point ? You can get all her albums on vinyl for the last 30 years on eBay ??? That doesn’t make it an expansive or curated release in my book and why after 2 YEARS nothing new or unreleased yet ? Why hasn’t M or anyone discussed this campaign in interviews or on any social media - it just doesn’t make any sense to me ….

8 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

So we are just getting vinyl ? What’s the fucking point ? You can get all her albums on vinyl for the last 30 years on eBay ??? That doesn’t make it an expansive or curated release in my book and why after 2 YEARS nothing new or unreleased yet ? Why hasn’t M or anyone discussed this campaign in interviews or on any social media - it just doesn’t make any sense to me ….

Well we don't know what the added elements of it will be. I'm sure it will be more than just the regular album. This source in particular wouldn't know anything about that.

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

I'm sure the reissues will be available on CD, vinyl, download...

He spoke to Addiction To Vinyl, so of course they focus on vinyl.

3 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I suppose I was so blinded by hope for an announcement on July 27th [aka the actual anniversary date] that I mentally pushed aside this information I had priorly received.

This is excellent news!

Thanks for telling us. :)

Hey again everyone, 

I reached out to Addiction to Vinyl again to press them for some clarification. We've just communicated within the past hour; here's what they said:

1. The reissues were "Originally due to start in September but obviously delayed a couple of months" which I think we can all understand, given the medical emergency and delay of the tour.
  2. They reaffirmed the plan "to rerelease all her albums in order in a deluxe treatment over the next 4 years." I assume a 5th year can be anticipated as well, for the later albums like MDNA and Rebel Heart. 
  3. I asked VERY pointedly if this is simply their interpretation of the press release, or if they received this information from someone in-the-know. I specifically addressed the fact that the press release only mentions landmark albums and not every album. Their verbatim response was, "A friend works at Warner and said its all albums in chronological order."

Of course, everyone is free to doubt it as you please. But I just want to keep you all in the loop of what I'm hearing.