The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

On 5/5/2023 at 9:06 AM, musicinferno said:

If Bob is lightly used, I'll be ok. But if he chats after each song, we're in for a snooze fest. 

I agree.

Madonna must remember that the public is paying their money to go to a concert and listen to good live music, not to listen to a monologue from someone who, no matter how fun or humorous this person may be, will end up breaking the original concept of what a musical concert represents.

If finally the INTERVENTION of this person is too long and repetitive throughout the show, definitely the expression on my face every time I see this person appear will be identical to that of Madonna when she gave the award to CAmila CAbello at Mtvs 2018: the of boredom, annoyance and discontent.

vlcsnap-2023-05-09-18h03m45s132.png.e04f39a73a13f7e83684cb83eb65af51.png

On 5/5/2023 at 9:06 AM, musicinferno said:

If Bob is lightly used, I'll be ok. But if he chats after each song, we're in for a snooze fest. 

I don't understand how some get to this point of thinking she's going to let some other person be this involved in her show? When has she ever in the past, let any person take over her shows, especially "after each song"?  She's never.  My impression is this guy is the opening act. Not to say, he won't show up somewhere else in her show, but I have no concerns Bob is going to take over to any degree that will  over take the show in anyway.  I have complete confidence that Madonna is putting on a show that is packed with music performances and the next big conversation in this thread once the set list is revealed, will be debating, arguing and complaining about what she isn't performing. 

I personally can't wait to see the show.  This is going to be one huge spectacle, and most of us are going to love it!  :party:

1 hour ago, tscott said:

I don't understand how some get to this point of thinking she's going to let some other person be this involved in her show? When has she ever in the past, let any person take over her shows, especially "after each song"?  She's never.  My impression is this guy is the opening act. Not to say, he won't show up somewhere else in her show, but I have no concerns Bob is going to take over to any degree that will  over take the show in anyway.  I have complete confidence that Madonna is putting on a show that is packed with music performances and the next big conversation in this thread once the set list is revealed, will be debating, arguing and complaining about what she isn't performing. 

I personally can't wait to see the show.  This is going to be one huge spectacle, and most of us are going to love it!  :party:

1 hour ago, Jackie said:

I agree - Bob is the opening act - let's keep calm and carry on!

Didn't someone just post an article where it states Bob will be featured throughout the show? 

51 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Didn't someone just post an article where it states Bob will be featured throughout the show? 

No.  All we know is what was officially released in the tour announcement.  The rest is speculation and over-reactions of what some are making up in their head.  But this is Madonna's tour.  There is no way she is letting anyone dominate her show or speak between her songs.  I'm not sure why some are coming up with these wild assumptions and thinking Bob is taking over the show?  This is Madonna's Celebration Tour, not Bob's Show.  He is most likely the opening act.  At the most, he may make an appearance somewhere throughout the show as well, but at this point no one knows.

17 minutes ago, tscott said:

No.  All we know is what was officially released in the tour announcement.  The rest is speculation and over-reactions of what some are making up in their head.  But this is Madonna's tour.  There is no way she is letting anyone dominate her show or speak between her songs.  I'm not sure why some are coming up with these wild assumptions and thinking Bob is taking over the show?  This is Madonna's Celebration Tour, not Bob's Show.  He is most likely the opening act.  At the most, he may make an appearance somewhere throughout the show as well, but at this point no one knows.

Not exactly speculation tho, it was Bob who said it

image.png.f0ed4beb4155e1e0c2186bf02179435e.png

9 minutes ago, missberic said:

Not exactly speculation tho, it was Bob who said it

image.png.f0ed4beb4155e1e0c2186bf02179435e.png

But nothing here states, Bob's role on her tour, other than joining her.  This could simply be the opening act.  The mention of "host" is referring to the Pride Show in 2022. 

24 minutes ago, tscott said:

Let's bookmark this and come back in July. I hope you're right. 

2 hours ago, Jackie said:

The words.....'help facilitate' are interesting - will the show be set up so each section is a decade with Bob facilitating in-between?

I think it could be a small MC character in between using the interlude to introduce each decade or something like that. I prefer Bob than some dated digital art fairies dancing to Eurythmics

9 hours ago, EgoRod said:

I think it could be a small MC character in between using the interlude to introduce each decade or something like that. I prefer Bob than some dated digital art fairies dancing to Eurythmics

That was a very unusual choice 🤣

Im happy with whatever Bob does, I would much prefer Bob between sets than a video interlude, too me that’s a really tired concept and I’ve no interest in that. If we are going to have non-Bob interludes, I’d prefer them to be band interludes. 

9 hours ago, MattyMads said:

I think he will play part very much like the narrator did in Britney's Onyx Tour 

Agree!

Based on what I have been seeing on her Ig, I anticipate that ballroom scene will be influencing the whole concert or a large segment of it and thus I kinda assume Bob will play a role similar to Pray Tell (Billy Porter) in the tv series Pose. It could be cool if not overdone or overtakes the musicality of the event. 

Edited by mazzona (see edit history)

26 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

James Earl Jones or Morgan Freeman would have been real fierce. But let's give Bobra a chance....bangs GIF

Or alternatively David Attenborough 🤣

’The Icon…. born in 1958, the young nestling fled the domestic setting for New York in the late 70s, destined for stardom’…

*whole audience fast asleep*

24 minutes ago, scion said:

’The Icon…. born in 1958, the young nestling fled the domestic setting for New York in the late 70s, destined for stardom’…

Sounds nearly impossible but Björk actually invited him to to something like that for her Biophilia Tour and given the context it worked well. Definitely would cause M’s audience to droll hard tho. 😝

38 minutes ago, scion said:

LMFAO I can hear his voice while reading it :lol:: "Welcome to Celebration...."

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic