The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

5 minutes ago, Riccardo1975 said:

Who has seen her live over the last twenty years can understand what i'm saying...there are songs that she has re-proposed in all sorts of ways, we can't take it anymore. Why not instead highlights her lesser-known repertoire?....Physical Attraction...Till Death Do Us Part...Secret Garden...Stay (one of my favourites)...American Pie...Spanish Eyes...Falling Free.
I really hope for a simple album version of "Who's That Girl", the song who made me fall in love with her.

Well, it's supposed to be a GH Tour, isn't it? I expect only top hit singles to be performed.

1 hour ago, Riccardo1975 said:

Who has seen her live over the last twenty years can understand what i'm saying...there are songs that she has re-proposed in all sorts of ways, we can't take it anymore. Why not instead highlights her lesser-known repertoire?....Physical Attraction...Till Death Do Us Part...Secret Garden...Stay (one of my favourites)...American Pie...Spanish Eyes...Falling Free.
I really hope for a simple album version of "Who's That Girl", the song who made me fall in love with her.

Do you realize this is a GREATEST HITS TOUR? Holiday is going to be there 100%, it’s her first big hit. 

1 hour ago, Riccardo1975 said:

The tour is literally promoted as Madonna performing her hits. Why would she do Til Death Do Us Part?

A Greatest Hits tour. I never thought she would go there. But I'm glad she does.

Holiday, Like a Virgin, Hung Up, Material Girl, Into the Groove, Music, Live to Tell,  Ray of Light, Papa Don't Preach, Frozen, Open Your Heart, Secret, Like a Prayer, Express Yourself, Vogue, Justify My Love, Take a Bow, Erotica, Deeper and Deeper.

Perhaps Rain, Human Nature, Sorry, Give It 2 Me, Nothing Really Matters, Beautiful Stranger, Don't Tell Me, Borderline and Rescue Me?

Anyway, I'm ready for it. December 2nd, Amsterdam.

6 minutes ago, Fontainebleau said:

A Greatest Hits tour. I never thought she would go there. But I'm glad she does.

Holiday, Like a Virgin, Hung Up, Material Girl, Into the Groove, Music, Live to Tell,  Ray of Light, Papa Don't Preach, Frozen, Open Your Heart, Secret, Like a Prayer, Express Yourself, Vogue, Justify My Love, Take a Bow, Erotica, Deeper and Deeper.

Perhaps Rain, Human Nature, Sorry, Give It 2 Me, Nothing Really Matters, Beautiful Stranger, Don't Tell Me, Borderline and Rescue Me?

Anyway, I'm ready for it. December 2nd, Amsterdam.

I'd love if she brought back Beautiful Strange and Deeper and Deeper maybe even Rain

2 hours ago, Riccardo1975 said:

That's unrealistic, considering that most of those songs weren't even singles and this is a Greatest Hits tour. The most we can aspire is to get stuff like TUTBMP or NRM, and even that will be a stretch.

This is a tour for the masses, not just long time fans. Or like we say in South America, “Pa'l pueblo…” 😛

Seriously, the coverage this tour is getting is incredible, i don't see that for any other popstar, it's like in the old days when she (and Michael) would stop a whole country still when they played there. Wether it's pro or cons articles it's still a lot of media just for the announcement and sale of the tickets, it's like major news. I wasn't expecting this to be franck because internet gives you the impression she's no longer of interest to people. Shows you one must never take internet as a serious source.

Personally I don't care much for the setlist, as long as she performs the song I love the most, Like a prayer, but I don't think she will miss that one considering it's a must she's done in almost every tour lol

But I will also like songs she has never done, like Bad Girl or others like Nothing Really Matters or Promise to try (I have doubts about this one tho)

31 minutes ago, Alm47 said:

That's unrealistic, considering that most of those songs weren't even singles and this is a Greatest Hits tour. The most we can aspire is to get stuff like TUTBMP or NRM, and even that will be a stretch.

This is a tour for the masses, not just long time fans. Or like we say in South America, “Pa'l pueblo…” 😛

Are you really sure that most of the tickets sold so far have been bought by the masses?
The masses are motivated to buy a ticket when you offer them a recent "catchphrase" or hit...in the case of this tour, i think it probably will attract all those fans who buy her records since the early 90's at least.

But, beyond this, celebrating doesn't necessarily mean repeating yourself (it needs only to compare the performances of "Holiday" made in the Re-Invention and the Rebel Heart, substantially identical)...i've only mentioned a few songs that still fully represent her artistic career, even though they weren't released as singles.

I love how some of you speculate that she might do some stuff that many casual fans never heard even the title of. She's doing a Greatest Hits tour, not an Anti-Tour! We will get a lot off her 80s & early 90s albums, Hung Up, of course. Barely anything off Madame X (sadly). Only lead singles off her more recent stuff - hopefully LFL & Ghosttown. And if she does GMAYL or BIM, I'm gonna throw something at her!

5 minutes ago, MCL_1993 said:

I love how some of you speculate that she might do some stuff that many casual fans never heard even the title of. She's doing a Greatest Hits tour, not an Anti-Tour! We will get a lot off her 80s & early 90s albums, Hung Up, of course. Barely anything off Madame X (sadly). Only lead singles off her more recent stuff - hopefully LFL & Ghosttown. And if she does GMAYL or BIM, I'm gonna throw something at her!

As i've already wrote, this tour does not wink at casual fans.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic